Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2019, 02:49 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
See invis'ing a mob doesn't let them see hide AFAIK. Only very specific mobs will see a rogue.
Ghoul assassin is one of them though, that could be funny...

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Old 11-26-2019, 05:33 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
See invis'ing a mob doesn't let them see hide AFAIK. Only very specific mobs will see a rogue.
Ok, find a mob that has some aoe spell on their spell list and stand next to the rogue instead? You gotta improvise I'm sure there is some way to kill a rogue.
Old 11-26-2019, 05:40 AM
Kobold

I got my stone by helping with every pop, keeping people buffed, keeping timers.

Then you have guys like this:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

So you have people who are too low to camp it, AFKing and answering /list afk checks, but not grouping together to actually kill it themselves.

...and you have people joining list, refusing to help, who if they WERE helping, then everyone in the camp could participate.

The people who end up holding it hostage are likely getting bitter from people not helping, and then they refuse to help as well.

It's a positive feedback loop where the toxicity just increases over and over again until no-one is killing anything and no-one is cooperating and nothing is dropping.
Old 11-26-2019, 06:14 AM
Planar Protector

Really should have list cleared with like a several hour lockout if people are listing and leaving the spawn up for an extended period.
Old 11-26-2019, 06:39 AM
Large Rat

Anyone that has a problem with the /list system in any way is either:

A) a member of a loot cartel that wants a monopoly on all of the items

Or

B) completely delusional and thinks they could actually get one of these items without the list function.

Please stop crying and shave your necks,

/thread.
Old 11-26-2019, 09:02 AM
Kobold

I say let them cry about it, when i join the list and am not in the group for the item i just put all my socials in my hidden chatbox so they can cry all they want and i dont see a single ooc, tell, shout, etc.
Old 11-26-2019, 09:38 AM
Planar Protector

People still complaining about list when they dont realize that without it, manastone would be only looted by the same 5 people over and over again
Old 11-26-2019, 11:51 AM
Aviak

So, I was on the Jboots list for 23 hours this weekend. I started at number 4 on the list. One person in front of me missed an afk check so I moved to position 3. I then saw 2 drops for folks and I became number 1. This took 9hours 40min. While I was number 2, the number 1 person could not solo the camp but I helped out (a long with other people) to get that person their list item. It can be said that, had we refused and the person quit the list, I would have gotten my boots. But that isn't how RNG works. I saw 2 boots in 10 hour, then 0 boots in 13. Had I, and the others at the camp, tried to bully the person off the list and they didn't get bullied, we would have seen 0 boots in 23 hours. Because that IS how not killing something works.

List is not perfect, but its the system we have. Stop trying to enforce your morals on the list and just kill the damn thing.
Old 11-26-2019, 11:54 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuktus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, I was on the Jboots list for 23 hours this weekend. I started at number 4 on the list. One person in front of me missed an afk check so I moved to position 3. I then saw 2 drops for folks and I became number 1. This took 9hours 40min. While I was number 2, the number 1 person could not solo the camp but I helped out (a long with other people) to get that person their list item. It can be said that, had we refused and the person quit the list, I would have gotten my boots. But that isn't how RNG works. I saw 2 boots in 10 hour, then 0 boots in 13. Had I, and the others at the camp, tried to bully the person off the list and they didn't get bullied, we would have seen 0 boots in 23 hours. Because that IS how not killing something works.

List is not perfect, but its the system we have. Stop trying to enforce your morals on the list and just kill the damn thing.
This is the correct answer.
Old 11-26-2019, 12:04 PM
Planar Protector

If we're all helping each other out I'm always cool with it

It's a random 35 rogue that sneaks in and waits out of sight without contributing that I would leave behind. But we all have our lines. Luckily my hypothetical is imaginary. It didn't happen to me, so I can't complain yet
Closed Thread