Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2019, 12:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How is that classic? Or "not a hack"? Scripting is okay with the staff? It's a dangerous path Hazek.
I hear you Swish. But there's no good reason to force double tapping. You might as well make it so you have to press it 4 times for each ability or any other irrational number besides once. Its why the first thing ever bard does is create stopsong macros and it something that should have been fixed since the beginning (or let us have a normal UI). But you can't with only 6 slots since you need that to switch instruments unless you want a huge inventory box cluttering your screen, which does nothing to enhance the "classic experience". Not to mention having no room for other macros like pulling, assist, etc. Sometimes limitations can be good for the game but in this case it makes it terrible to play a bard without it. And yes, macros are 100% different than a hack. That's why i've used it in multiple games and never had a problem. Literally never gotten banned. So if they wanna ban specifically for this then that's fine, but I think that would be silly and I already uninstalled anyway because my two accounts were suspended for petty unjust reasons. And the "Iron fist" mentality can be practical but not for everything. Judgement should always be used. So take it or leave it and do what you will. But it sure makes playing a bard much more enjoyable without any negative effects because all it does is let you single tap so you can use those slots for instruments.

Also forgot to mention that stopsong has to be bound to 0
Last edited by Hazek; 11-26-2019 at 12:14 AM..
Old 11-26-2019, 12:49 AM
Kobold

I don't keep my inventory open at all....
I have 4 hot bars macroed to Shift W/A/S/D and I swap pages as needed
Page 1 - Main Twist
Page 2 - Pull
Page 3 - Weapon Swaps
Page 4 - Charm setup

I move with WASD, so I just hotkey swap to the page I need when I need it. No inventory, all shortcuts except weapon swapping which I have to do manually.
Old 11-26-2019, 01:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenoraRaton [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't keep my inventory open at all....
I have 4 hot bars macroed to Shift W/A/S/D and I swap pages as needed
Page 1 - Main Twist
Page 2 - Pull
Page 3 - Weapon Swaps
Page 4 - Charm setup

I move with WASD, so I just hotkey swap to the page I need when I need it. No inventory, all shortcuts except weapon swapping which I have to do manually.
Something doesn't add up like not being able to move while you're pressing those hotkeys and i'd like to see a video of you doing this for a few minutes if you could upload one. And all of that just to single tap songs.

A better solution is if the devs just give us a normal UI with enough action slots or make stopsong inherent in the code. Or just allow / use a script.

I remember playing a 50+ bard and twisting + switching instruments + charming + mezzing + meleeing with a normal UI and stopsong and that was so much micro already that it would be impossible with switching pages.
But if you can play a bard to its full potential while doing what you're saying and show us a video of it then i'll sincerely congratulate you.

And even the idea of forcing players to switch pages instead of just giving us extra action slots is silly.
Last edited by Hazek; 11-26-2019 at 01:13 AM..
Old 11-26-2019, 01:10 AM
Kobold

This ENTIRE server is silly. I didn't write the rules, or make the system I just work within the confines I have been given. I don't have Fraps to show you that I'm a competent bard with these confines, but I guarantee you that many other people are playing bards without your "scripts" that are even more competent than me.

Its pretty clear that you expect something different from this server than I do. I expect a classic EQ experience, and the Devs seek to provide that. You have a perception of "perfect bard play" that you want to recreate. I honestly don't agree with your implementation whether its legal or not, because it forces players to utilize outside influences to enhance game play, which is not classic.
Old 11-26-2019, 01:40 AM
Sarnak

I don't have /stopsong macros. I ALT + Double Tap for songs 4-8. I use the keypad for movement and not WASD. I pretty much only use the mouse to instrument twist.

I always likened barding to playing the piano IRL. A two-handed non-stop effort that can leave you crippled if you don't do the right warm-up exercises.

I like double-tapping. I find it gives the class 'tempo'. It keeps you alert and concentrated when you have to have different reactions to missed notes/stuns than your "normal" twist (not sure i'm explaining this right).

cheers,

Astuce
Old 11-26-2019, 01:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenoraRaton [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This ENTIRE server is silly. I didn't write the rules, or make the system I just work within the confines I have been given. I don't have Fraps to show you that I'm a competent bard with these confines, but I guarantee you that many other people are playing bards without your "scripts" that are even more competent than me.

Its pretty clear that you expect something different from this server than I do. I expect a classic EQ experience, and the Devs seek to provide that. You have a perception of "perfect bard play" that you want to recreate. I honestly don't agree with your implementation whether its legal or not, because it forces players to utilize outside influences to enhance game play, which is not classic.
"I don't need logical fixes for obvious game flaws because I can twist two songs and equip my lute during downtime and that's classic! I mean 5 songs while managing a pet, instruments, mezzes, group macros, movement, and meleeing. But I can't prove it because i've never heard of OBS." yeahokay.

I strongly advocate "keeping things classic" but that can be taken too far just like making changes. And that's why fixing things with good judgement is best instead of either of those extremes. But they're just too afraid of offending the overzealous classic cult and the slippery slope that usually results from the inability to see the limits.

And in this case, allowing a standard UI with extra action slots or single tapping songs by any means is a reasonable and beneficial fix with zero negative impact on the "classic experience."
Old 11-26-2019, 01:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by astuce999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't have /stopsong macros. I ALT + Double Tap for songs 4-8. I use the keypad for movement and not WASD. I pretty much only use the mouse to instrument twist.

I always likened barding to playing the piano IRL. A two-handed non-stop effort that can leave you crippled if you don't do the right warm-up exercises.

I like double-tapping. I find it gives the class 'tempo'. It keeps you alert and concentrated when you have to have different reactions to missed notes/stuns than your "normal" twist (not sure i'm explaining this right).

cheers,

Astuce
You could still double tap but I think you'll feel differently once you hit 60. I love fast paced action games with lots of APM but double tapping is just annoying and pointless from a game design perspective.

Either way i'm not even playing anymore and I was mostly just sharing it if anyone wanted to use. So do whatever you want.

And yeah I love the rhythmic concept of a bard. And especially strafing with selos.
Last edited by Hazek; 11-26-2019 at 01:48 AM..
Old 11-26-2019, 01:55 AM
Planar Protector

Hey folks, it's not just a choice between double-tapping songs and macros. You can forego macros and instead of double-tapping 22, quick-tap 12. One then two, with a rolling motion. Hitting 1 turns off your current song, hitting 2 turns on song 2. Then 23 to turn off current song and turn on song 3...and so on.
Last edited by Videri; 11-26-2019 at 01:57 AM..
Old 11-26-2019, 07:42 AM
Aviak

I would suggest having young wrists and hands to play a bard. If you don't have those, acquiring them from someone else may be a problem depending on how badass you are.
Old 11-26-2019, 09:49 AM
Planar Protector

Ya'll are weird. Change hotkeys to F keys. Use 1-8 for spells. You don't need to have some weird hotbar setup.

Also, Hazek is full of crap, don't listen to him. He advocates ninja looting and thinks (incorrectly) that CHA helps with fizzles (they don't).

You only need 3 real hotkeys as bard, for bag + MH/secondary to swap.

Stopsong macro is ass and any decent bard shouldn't use it. It wastes valuable time in twisting and your 4/5th song will always fall off if you use macro (as compared to double tap, or ever better, roll twisting).

If you tap kite and not strafe kite, your wrists are safe too.
Closed Thread