Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2019, 12:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ya'll are weird. Change hotkeys to F keys. Use 1-8 for spells. You don't need to have some weird hotbar setup.

Also, Hazek is full of crap, don't listen to him. He advocates ninja looting and thinks (incorrectly) that CHA helps with fizzles (they don't).

You only need 3 real hotkeys as bard, for bag + MH/secondary to swap.

Stopsong macro is ass and any decent bard shouldn't use it. It wastes valuable time in twisting and your 4/5th song will always fall off if you use macro (as compared to double tap, or ever better, roll twisting).

If you tap kite and not strafe kite, your wrists are safe too.
1. Lol using the "F" keys is just as dumb as taking your hand off the mouse to use the Home key as a bind.

2. Looting from a corpse that's gone public isn't ninja looting, that's the whole point of the timer to begin with. And the tooltip when creating a bard says that CHA affects missed notes. Its also besides the fact that it helps with lull, mez and charm.

3. That's action slots, not hotkeys. What do you mean "bag". You equip your bag or something lol wtf? And you need all 6 slots to use every instrument.

4. You're confusing stopsong with melody. /stopsong is put in macros so you can press the ability once instead of twice and does nothing but aid in twisting since its one less keystroke.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Hazek; 11-26-2019 at 12:11 PM..
Old 11-26-2019, 12:11 PM
Kobold

I may be weird, but I put the spell slots to the number pad and it makes twisting very easy--either move with the left hand and twist with the right, or twist with the left and mouse with the right, when switching instruments.

Also, I put a tailored bag in my 8th inventory slot, and keep that open next to my primary and secondary weapon spots I moved to my action bar. That way, it only takes on inventory slot. I also put that inventory slot in the action bar, so I can open that bag with a key tap.
Last edited by lowner411; 11-26-2019 at 12:13 PM..
Old 11-26-2019, 12:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowner411 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I may be weird, but I put the spell slots to the number pad and it makes twisting very easy--either move with the left hand and twist with the right, or twist with the left and mouse with the right, when switching instruments.

Also, I put a tailored bag in my 8th inventory slot, and keep that open next to my primary and secondary weapon spots I moved to my action bar. That way, it only takes on inventory slot. I also put that inventory slot in the action bar, so I can open that bag with a key tap.
A lack of binds is not the issue because I use 4, e, r, f and shift + 4, e, r, and f for my gems. The issue is that you can't use /stopsong without taking up all 6 action slots that would otherwise be used for switching instruments or other macros. And because there's no rational reason to have to double tap to begin with. Its just bad game design along with a 6 slot limit.
Old 11-26-2019, 12:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1. Lol using the "F" keys is just as dumb as taking your hand off the mouse to use the Home key as a bind.

2. Looting from a corpse that's gone public isn't ninja looting, that's the whole point of the timer to begin with. And the tooltip when creating a bard says that CHA affects missed notes. Its also besides the fact that it helps with lull, mez and charm.

3. That's action slots, not hotkeys. What do you mean "bag". You equip your bag or something lol wtf? And you need all 6 slots to use every instrument.

4. You're confusing stopsong with melody. /stopsong is put in macros so you can press the ability once instead of twice and does nothing but aid in twisting since its one less keystroke.
And again, full of shit and no idea what he's talking about.

1. F keys are for hotbar items, like sit or sense heading or w/e. You really only ever need to click sit or assist.

2. That's ninja looting. You didn't kill it, you don't loot it. There's no confusion, and its backed by staff. Only dex marginally helps with missed notes, CHA does not. CHA doesn't help bard mez or charm in the least bit. It ONLY helps on critical lull resists and vendor prices.

3. The fuck you talking about. Action bar (actions window) is the one with specific social / ability / combat / macro. Hotbar is the 6 key window you can change out buttons on. If you don't even know you can put bags and item slots on the hotbar, then what the fuck are you doing trying to even give (bad) advice. Again, you only need 3 slots for bag (with instruments / weapons) + MH/OH.

4. No, I am not. /stopsong macro in the macro wastes close to a full second in a full 4 song twist. You cannot hold up 5 songs with it and even the fourth will fall off often. It does nothing but hurt you in the long run twisting. Rolling keys eliminates that time waste from macro. Plus you don't need to take up valuable hotbar space. And again, he advocate using third part software to simulate keystrokes, which is, again, against the rules.

Am not sure at this point if you are trolling or legitimately cannot bard.
Last edited by Legidias; 11-26-2019 at 12:44 PM..
Old 11-26-2019, 12:51 PM
Kobold

Ok, I find this discussion interesting (minus the hate) since I have a bard on green.

I agree that creating a macro for each song with a /stopsong does eat up the hotkey bar. Hate that, and having to have a page for each purpose (grouping, vs soloing, vs pulling). I don't use /stopsong to create a melody because the missed notes can kill you, but I do use it to avoid the double taps. But, if you are correct that it uses up time, I am interested in the exact mechanics of it. I can twist 5 songs using /stopsong macros, but the 5th is close to timing out most of the time. I would love to know the exact mechanics of /stopsong to see proof that it uses up time, so that I can get my hot bar back to doing other things.

Please keep it civil and informative.
Old 11-26-2019, 01:02 PM
Kobold

Also, re "ninja looting". Here is the wiki page that describes the various looting "terms." Ninja's Guide to Looting. I never considered looting a public corpse, with no one obvious around that it might belong to, as "ninja looting". If I am wrong, well, I hope I am not. I just like cleaning up the trash. The OCD in me, I guess.
Old 11-26-2019, 01:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And again, full of shit and no idea what he's talking about.

1. F keys are for hotbar items, like sit or sense heading or w/e. You really only ever need to click sit or assist.

2. That's ninja looting. You didn't kill it, you don't loot it. There's no confusion, and its backed by staff. Only dex marginally helps with missed notes, CHA does not. CHA doesn't help bard mez or charm in the least bit. It ONLY helps on critical lull resists and vendor prices.

3. The fuck you talking about. Action bar (actions window) is the one with specific social / ability / combat / macro. Hotbar is the 6 key window you can change out buttons on. If you don't even know you can put bags and item slots on the hotbar, then what the fuck are you doing trying to even give (bad) advice. Again, you only need 3 slots for bag (with instruments / weapons) + MH/OH.

4. No, I am not. /stopsong macro in the macro wastes close to a full second in a full 4 song twist. You cannot hold up 5 songs with it and even the fourth will fall off often. It does nothing but hurt you in the long run twisting. Rolling keys eliminates that time waste from macro. Plus you don't need to take up valuable hotbar space. And again, he advocate using third part software to simulate keystrokes, which is, again, against the rules.

Am not sure at this point if you are trolling or legitimately cannot bard.
1. Clicking is for noobs and even my sit is bound to something. And the F keys are still terrible because of the reach distance. Hence the Home key example.

2. The whole point of a timer on a corpse is so that when its public anyone can loot it. Read the tooltip for CHA in game when you create a bard. And its still a useful stat regardless.

3. You said HOT KEY not hotbar. Read your own words dumbass. And you need 6 slots total, MH, OH, drum, lute, horn plus an open slot to swap them.

4. YOU HAVE TO STOP THE SONG TO CAST THE NEXT ONE REGARDLESS. All /stopsong does is do that faster than manually pressing twice. So yes you can twist 5 songs and its the same as stopping it with a keystroke.

5. I played a bard till 55+ and made multiple in depth guides including how to swarm kite and fear kite while twisting and switching instruments. You're an utter noob with a single digit IQ. And that's fine, but don't make it worse by talking shit when you're wrong.
Last edited by Hazek; 11-26-2019 at 01:14 PM..
Old 11-26-2019, 01:08 PM
Planar Protector

The comes from the fact that not only is he spreading bad and false info, he is spreading malicious info that can get you suspended / banned. (Wiki is not and has never been an official source of information. Only ever follow specific rules as stated by staff or on P99 official site).

"4. You may not Ninja Loot.
Ninja looting defined is when a player, disregarding the players or player who killed a mob, loots an item that is generally regarded as significant or valuable from the mob they did not kill. This is strictly prohibited and will result in removal of the item(s) and any appropriate disciplinary action."

The 'significant value' portion is where people get hung up on, but even before that statement, it already says to not loot other people's stuff.

"5. You may not use third-party programs on Project 1999... This includes programmable keyboards or other devices that creates multiple inputs for a single keystroke or automated task."

So, no, don't make a script that automates keypresses.

You can test out the macro thing yourself. Make one with 4 lines of playing and stop song. Watch the pause between each song. Then try the rolling method. The only caveat is that if you have bad latency to server, neither will really help you.

Edit for newly posted item above me:

Can confirm he's just trolling now. Wont bother to really respond anymore. Follow his bad advice at your own risk.
Last edited by Legidias; 11-26-2019 at 01:11 PM..
Old 11-26-2019, 01:17 PM
Kobold

Quote:
The comes from the fact that not only is he spreading bad and false info, he is spreading malicious info that can get you suspended / banned. (Wiki is not and has never been an official source of information. Only ever follow specific rules as stated by staff or on P99 official site).

"4. You may not Ninja Loot.
Ninja looting defined is when a player, disregarding the players or player who killed a mob, loots an item that is generally regarded as significant or valuable from the mob they did not kill. This is strictly prohibited and will result in removal of the item(s) and any appropriate disciplinary action."

The 'significant value' portion is where people get hung up on, but even before that statement, it already says to not loot other people's stuff.

"5. You may not use third-party programs on Project 1999... This includes programmable keyboards or other devices that creates multiple inputs for a single keystroke or automated task."

So, no, don't make a script that automates keypresses.

You can test out the macro thing yourself. Make one with 4 lines of playing and stop song. Watch the pause between each song. Then try the rolling method. The only caveat is that if you have bad latency to server, neither will really help you.

Edit for newly posted item above me:

Can confirm he's just trolling now. Wont bother to really respond anymore. Follow his bad advice at your own risk.
Well, re looting, for example, I see bears and wolves being killed in EP, and people purposely leave the "junk" behind. Hell, I leave spider legs, fungus, and chunks of meat behind. But some people leave ruined pelts and X meat behind. Hell, that's tailoring and baking stuff to me.

Anyway, back to the macros, I never put more than one /stopsong /cast X in a macro. I always thought that to put more in there you had to use /pause, and that can kill you since a missed note will still /pause and it locks out your hotkeys. I didn't think /stopsong /cast 1 /stopsong /cast 2 would work since it would seem to me that the second /stopsong would immediately cancel the casting of the first song, just like when you hit two hotkeys in rapid sequence. The first cast is immediately terminated and the second one starts.
Old 11-26-2019, 01:17 PM
Banned

http://wiki.project1999.com/Ninja%27s_Guide_to_Looting "
"Scavenger looting is when you loot any corpse you find. A lot of people tend to get upset at this, but them I say this: 2 minutes. That's right, TWO MINUTES! From the time you make the killing blow it takes two minutes before that corpse is lootable by anyone other than the killer or someone else in the killer's party. If you are dumb enough to let a corpse drop and not loot it within the time allowed, then it's YOUR TOUGH LUCK!"

http://wiki.project1999.com/Bard
"Charisma affects lull, mesmerize, and charm abilities. However, all songs are on fixed duration (unless it breaks early), meaning duration can never increase past the song's tick-limit. Kelin's Lugubrious Lament (lull) is a fantastic pulling tool, and charm will also be frequently used by a skilled Bard. It is recommended to put at least some of your starting points in CHA." And the tooltip in game says it affects missed notes.

And he makes no sense talking about some ambiguous "rolling method" whatever the hell that even means. There's literally only one method to twist and that's to stop the song and cast the next one. And the only way to do that is with /stopsong or pressing two keystrokes. Neither of which prevent 5 songs unless you're slow with your keystrokes.
Last edited by Hazek; 11-26-2019 at 01:21 PM..
Closed Thread