Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 06-26-2020, 05:49 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default New Computer, wanted old UI settings...

Hello, I just got a new computer and I installed the EQ titanium client onto it. I got P99 (blue server) running but I couldn't get the same UI settings (including keybinds, hotkeys, social macros) from my older computer to show up on the new one. I tried copying over all the UI config files I could find for all my characters and placed them in my everquest folder. Nothing I did had any effect. Please, how could I play everquest p1999 on this laptop without having to redo the extensive (basic UI) settings I have for each character?

Thank you.

Windows 10, SSD, NVidia card (both machines)
Old 06-26-2020, 08:34 AM
Planar Protector

Did you have P99 installed in the default (program files) directory? If so, unless you were running as Administrator the client can't write changes to that directory. So, your UI files will be in your user temp folder under C:\Users\<username\appdata\<somewhere in here>

-Mcoy
Old 06-26-2020, 07:48 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Regardless, whenever I run WinEQ (which is how I am running p99 everquest on both machines) I right click and run as administrator. On my old machine, there is a separate everquest titanium directory and I don't see relevant files installed in a Program Files folder.

On my new machine, to where I am trying to move UI settings, the files were installed (I didn't see a reason to change this) in the "Program Files (x86)" folder. The name is something like that.
Old 06-27-2020, 10:26 AM
Planar Protector

Have you tried just copying your EQ folder from your old system to the new one? There's no need to actually run the install on other systems. The only caveat is if your new system runs at a different resolution than your old one then the client may crash when you try to log in. Rename your eqclient.ini file and it'll generate a new one the next time you log in.

The C:\Program Files\ and C:\Program Files (x86)\ directories are the "protected location" I was referencing. If you've been running the game as admin then your UI settings should be saved within the regular EQ folder and not your user's temp folder.

-Mcoy
Old 06-29-2020, 07:18 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Sure, but that's a last resort. I'd have to take an internal drive out of a tower, put it in a dock, and access it as an external HD with the new computer.
Old 06-29-2020, 08:57 AM
Planar Protector

You don't have a thumbdrive or both of them connected to the same network? Is the old one broken?

-Mcoy
Old 07-01-2020, 06:40 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

That's right. I forgot those exist. I had a bunch of free ones from different events lying around and now I can't find any of them.

Thank you I'll try this and report back.