Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: You have been selected for additional screening.
This flimsy mask will surely protect me. 44 20.66%
I have or wish to have the Coronavirus. 24 11.27%
I have some other virus; HIV or maybe viral Meningitis. 7 3.29%
I am already dead. 67 31.46%
On my way to Vegas, Randall Flagg is calling. 32 15.02%
Mossad agents are dancing again. 39 18.31%
Voters: 213. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2020, 01:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
NH, Maine, and Vermont all in top 5 states to live in the country.

Hmmmmmm....wonder why
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKcUOUYzDXA
Old 07-01-2020, 02:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kich867 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-01-2020, 04:14 PM
Planar Protector

Wink

https://mobile.twitter.com/stephenas...58327776333830
Old 07-01-2020, 05:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea, south Florida. Nobody is surprised. Mostly 30s-50s vented in our hospital. The main common denominator is they're mostly all obese. They're also barring visitors from coming into the hospital again. They had a good run (like 2-3 weeks?). It's back to facetime/whatapp/zoom.
What is your guys' testing protocol for new admits? I've been reading statistics coming from Florida where 1/3 of all hospital admits, all causes, were testing positive for corona.

I'm supposed to be starting my final clinical rotation (physical therapy) at a major trauma center at the end of the month, where I will be in the STICU and trauma ICU. By the terms of my program's agreement with the hospital, I'm not allowed to treat covid+ patients. However, in past rotations, I've had physicians refer pt's for PT before screens came back. Nearly got exposed to TB because of that.

Like are you treating every pt as a possible positive until you get a negative result? I have a feeling this is going to be such a shitshow of a rotation.
Old 07-01-2020, 05:50 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

So you paying twice.

As much I love america (and this is not just some fucking phrase!), its sad to see that you make out of everythink a business.
Old 07-01-2020, 07:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is your guys' testing protocol for new admits? I've been reading statistics coming from Florida where 1/3 of all hospital admits, all causes, were testing positive for corona.

I'm supposed to be starting my final clinical rotation (physical therapy) at a major trauma center at the end of the month, where I will be in the STICU and trauma ICU. By the terms of my program's agreement with the hospital, I'm not allowed to treat covid+ patients. However, in past rotations, I've had physicians refer pt's for PT before screens came back. Nearly got exposed to TB because of that.

Like are you treating every pt as a possible positive until you get a negative result? I have a feeling this is going to be such a shitshow of a rotation.
Not from florida but, I'd imagine every hospital is handling this the same way. Seeing as I was just in one for a couple days (turns out I had what they think was a minor eye stroke, randomly went blind in my left eye for like 30 seconds, everything is cool now though), I was put into a separate wing of the hospital where people go if they're waiting for test results. If its negative, they then bring you wherever they intend to keep you.

The PCAs and nurses that came into my room prior to getting the results back were in full PPE garb.

At least where I was, depending on procedures being done, you're re-tested if you haven't had a test within 24 hours of being sent to a different wing. So unfortunately I had to get the test twice.

If you haven't gotten the covid test, trust me, its as shitty as people describe it to be. You still feel like there's a swab up your nose for like 2 minutes after its done its fuckin weird.
Old 07-01-2020, 10:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

So you paying twice.

As much I love america (and this is not just some fucking phrase!), its sad to see that you make out of everythink a business.
I believe, that the biggest lie we've been fed is that medical research is paid for by the free market, but from what I know its 100% covered by tax's through the use of grants!

Maddening. But I'm sure we'll fix this, this decade! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-01-2020, 10:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I believe, that the biggest lie we've been fed is that medical research is paid for by the free market, but from what I know its 100% covered by tax's through the use of grants!

Maddening. But I'm sure we'll fix this, this decade! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was invented in 2009. Really boring to guess where the $70M subsidy figure comes from.

Thanks Obama
Old 07-01-2020, 10:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woke Locc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was invented in 2009. Really boring to guess where the $70M subsidy figure comes from.

Thanks Obama
Id actually love to know more about this whoe subject, Im not even sure what I said was true... when I found out 100% of it was covered by taxes I was like, no way that's true, but its so hard to find info online on this subject because there are like, so many opinions and news articles that I don't know what's true about the subject. But in the few instances Ive tried to find out, it seems like ti is? But I don't know why it is.

I have no opinion on which administrations fault it is though, I been watching us do all this since I was a kid.

I grew up watching GI Joe, there was an episode in 1982 on a children's show, where Dusty had sell out GI Joe to Cobra so he could pay for his mothers mounting medical bills (that's literally the language from the children's show). The whole episode was real sad, all the joes were sad, it was tragic.

Since I was a toddler, I been watching our healthcare not only bankrupt people but turn Joe's into Cobra terrorists. So, it's hard for me to blame any one group at this point except for us all [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-01-2020, 10:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Id actually love to know more about this whoe subject, Im not even sure what I said was true... when I found out 100% of it was covered by taxes I was like, no way that's true, but its so hard to find info online on this subject because there are like, so many opinions and news articles that I don't know what's true about the subject. But in the few instances Ive tried to find out, it seems like ti is? But I don't know why it is.

I have no opinion on which administrations fault it is though, I been watching us do all this since I was a kid.

I grew up watching GI Joe, there was an episode in 1982 on a children's show, where Dusty had sell out GI Joe to Cobra so he could pay for his mothers mounting medical bills (that's literally the language from the children's show). The whole episode was real sad, all the joes were sad, it was tragic.

Since I was a toddler, I been watching our healthcare not only bankrupt people but turn Joe's into Cobra terrorists. So, it's hard for me to blame any one group at this point except for us all [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wikid it(hey lor[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]) but yeah Google drowns the signal in the noise of a million identical articles from a million "independent" sources
Last edited by Woke Locc; 07-01-2020 at 10:44 PM..
Closed Thread