Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2020, 05:40 AM
Sarnak

Lots of pain
Old 07-02-2020, 05:54 AM
Planar Protector

Different deity options... including godlessness!
Old 07-02-2020, 08:45 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
  • Human combat animations are much better than Iksar.
I rolled my first human monk on green after playing an Iksar on live and on blue. While the human flying kick animation is certainly more kickass than the Iksar spin-kick, I found the animations for dragon punch/eagle strike were basically the same. Those low level Iksar animations are unique and pretty cool.
Old 07-02-2020, 11:17 AM
Planar Protector

The problem is that on titanium client many of the iksar animations are broken by default. It's okay, because somehow some of the texture upgrade packs fix this. But it does mean you look like a bad puppet to anyone that hasn't chosen to use them.
Old 07-02-2020, 11:37 AM
Sarnak

im on blue. iksar monk, basic twinkage (schw, hp rings, cheap 2hb), went solo to 40 without any problems. the innate regen, especially while FD, seems worth it. playing 1st person view, so fashionquest/animation uglies dont bother me
Old 07-02-2020, 02:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Teases the mind thinking about what other racials would have been included, if every race had been given at least one.
Humans should have the +5% XP bonus instead of Halflings (I believe this was actually intended but Halflings somehow ended up with it due to a bug or error).

Erudites should start with 50 in the Research, Meditate and Blacksmithing skills.

High Elves should have an additional +10% discount and premium when buying and selling from vendors and should lose 30% less XP than normal on death.

Half Elves should start with 50 in the Pickpocket skill and lose 20% less XP than normal on death.

Everything else the same. Slam on Dwarf is tempting but I think ultimately too powerful. Makes Barbarians obsolete as Warriors and Dwarf Paladins too strong.
Old 07-02-2020, 08:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would say a monk starting in qeynos with all the crazy quest xp gives you another time boost.
Qeynos is great for newbies, oodles of exp and cash. Check this guide written by a trash panda on the subject:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=259152
Last edited by Tann; 07-02-2020 at 08:32 PM..
Old 07-02-2020, 10:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Humans should have the +5% XP bonus instead of Halflings (I believe this was actually intended but Halflings somehow ended up with it due to a bug or error).

Erudites should start with 50 in the Research, Meditate and Blacksmithing skills.

High Elves should have an additional +10% discount and premium when buying and selling from vendors and should lose 30% less XP than normal on death.

Half Elves should start with 50 in the Pickpocket skill and lose 20% less XP than normal on death.

Everything else the same. Slam on Dwarf is tempting but I think ultimately too powerful. Makes Barbarians obsolete as Warriors and Dwarf Paladins too strong.
If Slam makes Dwarves too powerful as Paladins, then Slam should be taken away from any large race that can be a Shadow Knight too. No bashing allowed without a shield or your epic. Period.
Old 07-03-2020, 01:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If Slam makes Dwarves too powerful as Paladins, then Slam should be taken away from any large race that can be a Shadow Knight too. No bashing allowed without a shield or your epic. Period.
it's kinda the whole point of the racial exp penalty. You level up slower for a bit better ability/stats.
Old 07-03-2020, 02:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it's kinda the whole point of the racial exp penalty. You level up slower for a bit better ability/stats.
If that's how it is, I'd honestly prefer the slower leveling because A) you earn more money between levels, and B) when/if you hit 60, the experience penalty is no longer a factor, but any stat/racial bonuses you had are. When you combine various difference sources of regen, I feel like 12 standing would make a significant difference over 4 standing.

Are you going to tell me that stacking regen from Group Regrowth, Natureskin (will always prefer this over PotG), racials and equipment won't matter in a raid scenario? Won't be enough to offset the damage from the occasional AoE or aggro pull without a healer having to spend mana on you?