Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2020, 11:50 AM
Kobold

OK, they have the top two racial abilities. Wall-o-vision brah.
Old 07-05-2020, 12:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is crazy easy to get to max int with reasonable caster gear. Necro, who can camp anything they want, even easier than normal tunnel questing for int gear. So stamina makes sense for what to do after int, thus a reasonable option to do at creation is 25 stamina.
that being said, if you're not min/maxing for raiding, then you're min/maxing for soloing for items/gold, and 25 str does actually make some sense. Even on top of weight reduction bags, that just multiplies the effect, yes? Unlike most farmers, your options for quick sale/conversion of gold to plat are more limited, so there's that.
It's kinda hard to go wrong with a necro anyway. I can tell you I wear some str items on my iksar necro because of how annoying it is to stop farming and go bank/sell.
It's really not, especially when limited to Classic gear and when trying to maximize HP for a Necro specifically. Go ahead and actually look at the stats of "reasonable caster gear" in Classic, and hell, even Kunark. You won't be close to maxing out INT while also wearing HP gear in your rings, ears and neck slots (as you should be doing on a Necro). And if you go Iksar it's even more difficult with their low starting INT. Maxing both INT and HP on a Necro doesn't really become feasible until late Velious.

OP: Make an Erudite with 25 INT and 5 AGI. Gear for INT and HP. Enjoy having a massive mana and HP pool. 15 INT, 10 STR and 5 AGI would also be pretty reasonable.
Old 07-05-2020, 01:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's really not, especially when limited to Classic gear and when trying to maximize HP for a Necro specifically. Go ahead and actually look at the stats of "reasonable caster gear" in Classic, and hell, even Kunark. You won't be close to maxing out INT while also wearing HP gear in your rings, ears and neck slots (as you should be doing on a Necro). And if you go Iksar it's even more difficult with their low starting INT. Maxing both INT and HP on a Necro doesn't really become feasible until late Velious.

OP: Make an Erudite with 25 INT and 5 AGI. Gear for INT and HP. Enjoy having a massive mana and HP pool. 15 INT, 10 STR and 5 AGI would also be pretty reasonable.
Wouldn't that depend on what they mean by "maxing INT"? Although Green doesn't have the incredibly harsh softcap at 200, there is still a softcap and if that's where people consider "maxing" a stat, then it is, actually, quite easy to get to 200 INT with cheapish classic gear (I'm at 210 INT on my lvl 39 DE Mage and haven't spent more than 800p on a single piece of gear).

Now, if they mean actual numerical max, then I agree. It's just not feasible in classic without a TON of grinding either plat, raids, or both... assuming it's possible at all.
Old 07-06-2020, 05:28 AM
Planar Protector

Dark elf for netted kelp fashion in Velious, or wait for Kunark and make Iksar.

Really though, most appearance points are moot when you are almost always in skeleton form.
Old 07-06-2020, 06:18 AM
Planar Protector

Dark elf pre-Kunark. If you think you'll definitely not make an iksar one afterwards... go for it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-06-2020, 08:52 AM
Sarnak

Gnome Head to Head:

Gnome VS Dark Elf

No hide, no awesome neon German sex brothel starting city. Can, swing through hallways and avoid pats with wall-vision, get FD anyways.

Gnome VS Erudite

Lose the High Int / Charisma competition, lose the "can walk up large stairs" competition. Do, have godly starting zone that isn't an ocean or Karana's run away, enjoy the wee privilege of navigating Akanon easily. Tie, scalp real estate.

I think the answer is clear:

Iksar.
Old 07-06-2020, 10:55 AM
Banned

Play something else until Kunark, have a set of gear ready to go for your level 1 lizard necro.

Don't worry about places being camped. Necros can basically level anywhere.
Old 07-07-2020, 12:25 AM
Planar Protector

Gnome!!! Because gnomes got 4 racial abilities.... 1 is listed, 3 is hidden.

1) Tinkering

2) Shortness!! You can fit through gates and into places others have trouble with. No key needed for hole. No key needed for getting past gate in Najena....and much more!!

3) Wall vision! Gnome peepers is best peepers. See everything, great for lulling and splitting in guk (for example).

4) Faction bonus ... gnomes have a boost to faction with just about everything! This means they can easily get non KOS (or even start out non-kos in a lot of places). Something like a dark elf necro or erudite has MUCH more trouble.

At first glance on the wiki... the racial bonus of gnomes don't seem like much, with just tinkering listed.... but the REAL racial bonuses of gnomes is actually quite amazins.
Old 07-07-2020, 01:23 AM
Sarnak

Rolled a Erudite on green to see how it goes. Sure is dark at night. Got to lvl 5 easy enough. I have a 49 iki necro on blue so I know a bit about how to kite, root/rot and fear. Kinda the same so far.
Old 07-08-2020, 12:51 PM
Banned

was able to hit 180 INT on my ERU necro /w max pts stam pretty eZ
**prefer HP/resists combination or I’d be 200
Closed Thread