Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: You have been selected for additional screening.
This flimsy mask will surely protect me. 44 20.66%
I have or wish to have the Coronavirus. 24 11.27%
I have some other virus; HIV or maybe viral Meningitis. 7 3.29%
I am already dead. 67 31.46%
On my way to Vegas, Randall Flagg is calling. 32 15.02%
Mossad agents are dancing again. 39 18.31%
Voters: 213. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2020, 01:06 AM
Planar Protector

edit:
If someone deliberately takes away other peoples opportunity to protect themselves and others, then they deserve a punishment.
Last edited by Domo; 07-07-2020 at 01:10 AM..
Old 07-07-2020, 03:04 AM
Planar Protector

The woman clearly had some mental illness-related issues going on. Does punishing people for being delusional and paranoid make sense? Checkmate, atheists. She's getting commands from the man in charge.
Old 07-07-2020, 05:51 AM
Planar Protector

Hopefully the judge mandates some therapy then for her lack of self-control if she's unwilling or unable to recognize she has an issue.

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 07-07-2020, 08:00 AM
Planar Protector

New Yorker PM BJ is obsessed with bringing ‘Independence Day’ to the UK.

First, while campaigning for the Brexit vote that occurred on 22 June 2016, he said “23rd of June will be our Independence Day” (turned out it took more than a day!) now he lifted the ban on pubs on 4th of July and described it as an Independence Day (from Corona?).

Turns put drunks who have been shut in for 100 days aren’t great at maintaining social distance with a few pints in them (the streets in Soho, London were heaving). Looking forward to second spikes and more lock downs (my birthtown has already been put back into lockdown).
Old 07-07-2020, 09:19 AM
Planar Protector

Posted Jul 04, 2020

Wolff’s Biergarten, a popular Upstate New York bar chain known for showing soccer matches, has temporarily closed because of concerns about the spread of the coronavirus, the owner wrote today on Facebook.

“The reason for closing temporarily is that bars do not feel safe right now,” owner Matt Baumgartner wrote. Wolff’s has locations in Syracuse, Albany, Troy and Schenectady.

“We, along with other local restaurants, are seeing a rise of Covid cases within our own teams, and it just doesn’t feel safe for our employees, and our guests. The model put in place for bars and restaurants just doesn’t work right now. Within the last few weeks of being open, it is clear that many people just don’t follow the rules. We’ve tried asking nicely and even firmly, but when people get excited and have been drinking, they either forget to follow the rules or they don’t care. And given the capacity limitations places upon bars/restaurants, we simply can not afford to add extra staffing to police everyone."
Old 07-07-2020, 10:17 AM
Planar Protector

I just wish I invested everything into mask manufacturers at the start ... or maybe games workshop. Apparently a lot of people cleared their hobby backlog and bought new models while locked at home.

For the reopening of bars, it should have been hot and soft drinks only. No alcohol.

Man that would have made the lager louts' heads spin!
Old 07-07-2020, 12:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just wish I invested everything into mask manufacturers at the start ... or maybe games workshop. Apparently a lot of people cleared their hobby backlog and bought new models while locked at home.
This is what separates people like you and me from those who see profit in every catastrophe. I was making sure me and my family had all the supplies they needed; a dude couple of towns over was filling his garage with hand sanitizer.

Still, take a look at 3M. I mean a PPE giant right? So if you bought at the start, like Jan-Feb, you would have taken a loss. Their stock tanked and it's just starting to claw back the at the pre-covid levels. But remember how everyone was like we need tons of masks and 3M and others can't keep up? So their stock dipped at that time and if you bought towards the end of March, you would be sitting pretty right now.

So it's not merely investing in the entity at the beginning of the crisis. It's waiting until it can't perform and buying the dip. Or could have just shorted at the start, if you're one of those people...

But anyway, my point is that you're really rolling the dice with catastrophe. Not so with war, then it's full blast Lockheed Martin and Raytheon and Northrop Grumman wheeeee right to the top!
Old 07-07-2020, 12:51 PM
Planar Protector

What's an adequate sample size if a rascal wanted to construe covid testing as a poll?
Old 07-07-2020, 04:01 PM
Planar Protector

Here are some of the billionaires who got PPP loans while small businesses went bankrupt

Here in Germany, some people invented bogus companies to get government aid because of the Corona-virus.
Old 07-07-2020, 04:47 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here are some of the billionaires who got PPP loans while small businesses went bankrupt

Here in Germany, some people invented bogus companies to get government aid because of the Corona-virus.
I'll trade your people scamming the govt for our govt scamming the people. What do you say?
Closed Thread