Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2017, 12:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Root all the dragons in ToV. End the train pulling. Force guilds to fight mobs like Vyemm on slippery slopes.

Sure, guilds will still CoTH everyone to targets, but this process will take much longer and leave non tov guilds to kill other content with less competition during repops.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-08-2017, 12:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A rule forcing a crawl or setting names dragons to have a short leash/tether would do the trick.
or just literally making the mobs how they were during CLASSIC (and for some reason aren't on p99, the premiere classic eq elf sim) and root all the appropriate ones

if you need the nitty gritty details of which are rooted etc. we have daldaen here for us all
Old 11-08-2017, 12:44 PM
Planar Protector

Or just add aa's without luclin. It would invigorate the leveling community with fresh level 60 blood (and all the level 60 alts). Zones like seb would be packed in all camps 24 hours a day. Population (average) would rise. Numbers needed to raid content would drop.

Right now the 'end game' community only exists to log in for 10-15 minutes at a go to kill dragons. Enabling AAs would take devs a lot less time than building Luclin, and aa's introduced IN Luclin went a long way towards balancing underpowered classes (ranger/wizard/et_al).

Turn on AAs then work on launching greeen.

Oh ... and root/leash NToV mobs!
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 11-08-2017, 12:49 PM
Banned

You can't have Luclin without Luclin graphics, so I don't think we will ever get it.

And AAs sound nice, but makes u too OP in this timeline u feel meh
Old 11-08-2017, 12:53 PM
Planar Protector

The AA's totally trivialize all previous content. Last thing P99 needs is to make it easier.

Also Takp / p2002.
Old 11-08-2017, 01:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
or just literally making the mobs how they were during CLASSIC (and for some reason aren't on p99, the premiere classic eq elf sim) and root all the appropriate ones

if you need the nitty gritty details of which are rooted etc. we have daldaen here for us all
Lord Feshlak, Kreizenn, Vyemm and Lady Mirinella and Nevederia are the perma rooted dragons.

Lord Vyemm and Lady Nevederia change drastically once you have to fight them in their rooms at their spawns.

And you need AAs. They encourage playing your Main rather than rolling 10 Alts.
Old 11-08-2017, 01:06 PM
Fire Giant

I too have a lot of demands for volunteer software developers, working on their hobby for no pay.
Old 11-08-2017, 01:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I too have a lot of demands for volunteer software developers, working on their hobby for no pay.
Translation: Last thing I'd want is for change to happen, I love my conveyor-belted dragon pixels.
Old 11-08-2017, 01:16 PM
Fire Giant

Didn't see one mob in NToV all weekend - was too busy wilh real life. Damn casual...
Old 11-08-2017, 01:19 PM
Planar Protector

Eh, I don't think perma-rooting is such a simple solution. The problem is that EQ's mechanics simply don't support good guild v guild competition. What would happen is guilds starting a huge train of all of North Temple and then running in. Which would be good theater but it would also result in a massive stream of petitions. To me the only way to really solve this problem is to eliminate the direct competition.

One random idea that I just had: how about a race rotation with soccer league style promotion/relegation? Example: CSG enters the 'NTOV' league. They decide to start their raid at 4PM and they finish Vulak at 2AM, 10 hours later, as league rules require fighting all dragons directly on their spawn points. Meanwhile Aftermath finishes their clear in 5 hours and Awakened in 6. So CSG would be relegated to the previous league (city leaders?) and Aftermath would be promoted to the next league (Dozekar/PoG/Statue probably).

This would create some really fun mechanics, like say Awakened beats Aftermath in clear time for the loot pinata group, thus demoting them to NTOV, and then focuses on beating their times in the NTOV group so they can never promote back, except eventually they wipe while breaking in to NTOV too quickly vs 3 flurry drakes leading to massive nerdrage. It also has the advantage of keeping rotations small, because if your guild is too small you'll never be able to kill quickly enough. A lot would depend on the details of the rules I guess.
Closed Thread