Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2018, 09:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dairmuid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It also allowed me to make characters of different races (IKS / HEF) and play together starting at level 1.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-22-2018, 12:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
After 3 months of casual play I already have better gear and have killed every raid mob in the game except the Vulak ring.
Yikes, my major beef with TakP before now was their allowance of multi-boxing, but the fact that the whole server is just a giant loot pinata that lets you "win almost everything" in three months probably scares me away even more.

Genuine question: what do you do there after three months? Or maybe after four or five months, since it sounds like that's what it would take to get full "best in slot" gear?

Also, was that three month figure for single-boxing or triple-boxing?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 05-22-2018 at 01:03 PM..
Old 05-22-2018, 01:22 PM
Planar Protector

Loramin, it's ok to accept that there are things that people enjoy that P99 ( as great as it is ) simply does not offer them.

To answer your question what he can do after 3 months, well Luclin is about to be released and PoP is where this server will end so there is actually quite alot of quests/leveling options/AAs he can be doing.
Old 05-22-2018, 01:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yikes, my major beef with TakP before now was their allowance of multi-boxing, but the fact that the whole server is just a giant loot pinata that lets you "win almost everything" in three months probably scares me away even more.

Genuine question: what do you do there after three months? Or maybe after four or five months, since it sounds like that's what it would take to get full "best in slot" gear?

Also, was that three month figure for single-boxing or triple-boxing?
I don’t box on raids and am only level 55, and those were all from soloing with a small amount of grouping. With Luclin coming out in July there is going to be a ton of stuff to do anyway. I’m not a neckbeard player, 8 years on p99 and I only made level 56 so it fits me well.
Old 05-22-2018, 01:26 PM
Fire Giant

I’ll turn you question around. What keeps all the high end players here on p99? Surely after 3 years in Velious you should have everything you want by now?
Old 05-22-2018, 01:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’ll turn you question around. What keeps all the high end players here on p99? Surely after 3 years in Velious you should have everything you want by now?
I know the question was not for me but I will add that if gear is what motivates a high end player on P99, its very likely that even after 3 years of raiding, they would not have 'everything'. Its quite difficult on this server to obtain BIS even with Velious being the lock point, guild sizes and competition/neckbeardness really puts an artificial 'rarity' on items that for some keep them coming back to obtain 'that one item'.
Old 05-22-2018, 01:32 PM
Fire Giant

Love takproject
Old 05-22-2018, 02:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I'm not at all a "high end" player, so I've been here longer than 3 years and still don't have a single "best in slot" item. I'm not really in a rush though: I don't want a game that ends after 3 months, so I enjoy getting a single (not BIS) upgrade every other month or so.

And sorry if I over-reacted, but when you wrote:

Quote:
After 3 months of casual play I already have better gear and have killed every raid mob in the game except the Vulak ring
Well first off, I thought "Vulak ring" was Luclin content (just because I haven't seen that term used here), which made it sound like you'd killed every raid mob in Kunark AND Velious, AND most of the ones in Luclin, in 3 months. Putting my confusion aside, I can't even get to level 60 in three months, and certainly not without triple-boxing, and even if I somehow managed to I certainly wouldn't have time to raid every target in Kunark and Velious, so what you described sounded very "loot pinata"-ish.

But I didn't mean to make it sound like there's anything wrong with playing through the game quickly. If you want to play on a server with a /levelmeto 60 command and you enjoy "beating" it in a couple months, then great. But personally I've been looking for a viable alternative to P99 that has Luclin, PoP, etc. content ... but (like P99) still is the EverQuest I remember.

I want TAKP to be awesome and I want it to be that server. But their triple-boxing policy means it will never be that server, and if you can all but beat the game in three months that's not even EverQuest IMHO. So yes, maybe I get a little frustrated by hearing about a server that's so close to awesome but doesn't see anything wrong with everyone on the server triple-boxing and speed-playing through the whole game ... but if I'm not allowed to get frustrated about another server's failings here in the P99 forum, where can I?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 05-22-2018 at 02:42 PM..
Old 05-22-2018, 02:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by radda [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Love takproject
Old 05-22-2018, 02:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I don’t box on raids and am only level 55, and those were all from soloing with a small amount of grouping. With Luclin coming out in July there is going to be a ton of stuff to do anyway. I’m not a neckbeard player, 8 years on p99 and I only made level 56 so it fits me well.
I'm pretty much like Savok. Not a hard core raider, or even interested in that in particular. Been on TAKP a year, am 55 on chars. Good gear, but nothing I couldn't have gotten on P99. I like it, I putz around and grind and have a few friends and a small guild. Really looking foward to grinding AA's for AM3 and EQ.