Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2018, 12:41 PM
Banned

Default Should I:

Attempt to play on the dying red server with my lvl 30 and 40, or keep rerolling lvl 12 toons on blue99?

I want to twink a wizard now. I have a shimmering orb, and a sacrificial dagger and ghostly robe and about 200p to my name. Also, I have an MM shield, dwarven workboots, and a velium longsword, but I don't feel like selling these things for twink items.

my necro is lvl 12
my paladin 19
and my as yet to be rolled wizard is 0

I should probably make a high elf wizard with lots of charisma, but I don't know, i'm kinda of bored of playing this game normally, but i want to troll around in game still, i had some fun newbie groups on my paladin/necro

TAKP is a good server but the game client won't stay connected for more than 30 seconds and it's not worth the effort to box there.
Old 08-25-2018, 12:54 PM
Banned

It is fun to log into red and type max chat buffer walls of stream of conciousness text. I could probably do that while playing a wizard there and sit around perma afk while my glutes deteriorate and my spine crumbles.
Old 08-25-2018, 01:08 PM
Planar Protector

I vote you try something new.

Master a tradeskill on one of those toons. Take them to a dungeon you've never visited just to explore. Get one of them to master every language, or to master Fishing, Begging, or drinking. Take your level 40 to lower level zones to try to find the one new player on Red, and then power level that poor foolish bastard for no damn reason.

It's a big game, so if the XP grind isn't appealing to you the way it used to just do something else.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-25-2018, 01:18 PM
Planar Protector

Stop playing EQ.
Old 08-25-2018, 01:55 PM
Fire Giant

Takproject is better then clever posted.
Kittens Who Say Meow / Asgard / The Mystical Order / Forsaken / Aftermath
Sacrifice*P99G*
[] Tunare 2000+ Kabijito [] FippyDarkpaw TLP Radda []
Old 08-25-2018, 02:36 PM
Kobold

Do what makes you happy. If you need us to tell you what will make you happy - seek help.
Old 08-26-2018, 12:19 AM
Fire Giant

I "tried Red." My cleric sitting at lvl 38 but there's just never any fucking groups - and that's as a cleric.
Old 08-26-2018, 12:21 AM
Fire Giant

Also I find EQ incredibly boring at the early levels - especially with the amount of thinking on Blue. Anything sub-35 probably even higher is just a snoozsfest when u always have a tank w a fungi etc etc
Old 08-26-2018, 12:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizax_Xaziv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I "tried Red." My cleric sitting at lvl 38 but there's just never any fucking groups - and that's as a cleric.
Yeah pretty much. It's possible to level on red post 40 and get groups as a cleric. However the pool of players is exceedingly small. And the levels of autism and expected week long poopsocks among this ever dwindling pool of the finest red99 has to offer reaches the point of a great filter.

I'll probably just stay on blue and reroll again. This game is just random shits and occasional giggles and that use to be easily fulfilled in classic era red99.

Because I'm casual scum who will randomly play for only a few hours, professional red99 players don't take me seriously anymore anyway.

My internal levels of autism aren't that high anymore. I think blue99 fingerpainting is where it's at. Access to the plethora of ezmode pixels with instantaneous delivery in east commmonlands is nice too.

I wonder how many more years the servers will be around? It's amazing I have not amassed 10 level 60s in BIS at this point in EQ. The irony of being a true casual.
Old 08-30-2018, 06:14 PM
Sarnak

You can try EQReborn it's pretty amazing. They just opened this month, no kunark and will only go to Velious
Closed Thread