Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2018, 06:24 AM
Kobold

Default Enchanter 51+ solo/duo spots

Hey!

Managed to get my enchanter to lvl 51 yesterday and are now looking for some inspiration on where to go next. I’m mainly looking for a dungeon that’s not overcrowded where I can solo or do the occasional duo/small group. Since this is my main it would be a plus if there are fine steel/gems drops or similar, but maybe all higher lvl dungeons got those? Places that I’m considering are:

CoM lvl 2
The hole
Lower Guk
Howling stones entrance (maybe I’m too low?)
Sol b

I got theft of thought so a place with casters would be fun, I guess that rules out CoM. Any pros/cons with the above spots or anyone could recommend some other place?
Old 09-21-2018, 07:05 AM
Fire Giant

I've personally not done much in Lower Guk or Solb so won't comment on that.

CoM should be good solo or duo exp on ramparts. Not sure if 51 is pushing it a bit. It will also likely be fairly crowded.

The Hole might be good but for soloing I never had the gall to go past the entrance mobs as I didn't know the zone that well and dying is bound to happen. And entrance is often camped. You can, however, make a brell worshipper to corpse drag yourself and get out of most pickles.

Howling Stones - as I'm sure I won't be the only to point out - is pretty much enchanter and necro heaven for soloing/duoing. I'd say more than 50% of mobs in there can be ToT'd which is a great bonus and the exp is just very good. Bonus is you can use OT-hammer for easy access. 51 is not too low for entrance. Depending on gear and bravery you can even try sneaking your way into North. HS is often populated but from lvl 53 and beyond (you can do it now at 51 but it might be a struggle on crit lul resists) you can solo in entrance, basement and North and I found that there's often mobs left up in at least one of those spots. Also... you will die in HS. You will die a lot. But it's worth it.
Last edited by commongood; 09-21-2018 at 07:07 AM..
Old 09-21-2018, 07:47 AM
Sarnak

If you have the gall... the hole is awesome exp. The entrance is okay, but it gets better further down!

CoM 2nd floor probably your best bet honestly. You have a really safe bind on top of roof, the mobs are the same level as the HS basement mobs, and once you have the rooms broke its very easy to maintain. Also, it has the 3rd floor and typically plenty of mobs to go around. - Sometimes HS is camped and at 51 you only have a few choices.

HS basement exp is about the same as CoM 2nd floor. However, you make a mistake or two in HS and then you have a short(or sometimes long, difficult) CR.

I did L guk in my mid 40s and dont think it'll be great exp after 50.

I heard the bards in HK are good at 50, bloodgills can take you to 52 maybe and someone also once recommended to me the giants in BW.
Old 09-21-2018, 07:55 AM
Fire Giant

You could also get a CotH to PoMischief once you hit 52 (you can do it at 51 but the mage will be sad when you get low level aggro and you will very, very likely die). Mobs in the forest are still decent exp at 52 and you can do rats in basement all the way to 60. Very good ZEM.
Old 09-21-2018, 08:20 AM
Sarnak

Also, theres like parrots(i think are the right mob) in TD that are really good. Druid/enc snare/fear kite and theres a mob to charm that does major BS damage.
Old 09-21-2018, 11:05 AM
Planar Protector

Howling stones is perfect for a 51 chanter to solo, duo, or group. Make sure you've got theft of thought up at all times, unless you're literally only killing the entrance golems!

Watch my videos! Like half of them are in HS, lol. I started there at 50 maybe? Edit - nope, looks like 52 is my first video in HS. But the entrance is doable at 50 for sure, basement at 50 (or 52 if you want to be a bit more safe), north at 52 (or 54 if you want to be more safe) for solo. At 51 you could do north duo or group. West might be a bit nasty if you're not careful what all you try to mez, some of the stuff in there might resist a mez and come at you with a mean harmtouch.

Hole is too hard at 51 to go in past the entrance really. The level range of mobs is wide, so when solo or duo, you're going along fine and suddenly you're fighting a level 54 or some shit that you can hardly get slowed. But entrance is ok at 50ish, just be careful with the named mobs.

Upper floors of COM are ok. The zone is cool imo, bind in the middle, levitate all the time, fighting up in the air and whatnot. I'm not a big fan of solb or lguk. They're kinda more loot/farm zones than XP zones, especially if solo. They're busier too. Can be nice if you get a duo with a cleric though, camping efreeti or whatever, but 51 might be a bit low to do that.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 09-21-2018 at 11:11 AM..
Old 09-21-2018, 12:16 PM
Sarnak

If Techmos said go to HS, then go to HS. Theres a lot of good information in his videos, i recommend watching them all from start to finish. Sometimes when i was watching i would learn something or a refresher on something and would write in notepad.

Side note; I think COM is a lot more popular now a days than when it was you made Noman's COM videos.
Old 09-21-2018, 03:13 PM
Planar Protector

Howling Stones is a fine place as mentioned above. Anywhere with decent availability and caster mobs is good news.

I disliked CoM since there's minimal casters to drain from.

HHK Nobles is probably your best bet until 55, but it's also one of the best areas (delicious ZEM) for a lot of classes. Not always available.

King/Tactician on Live-side Guk was a good solo option that was pretty much always open pre-Velious. Doable at 50, but ToT makes it a lot easier. You should always have disease/poison cure potions on you, so the shaman mobs aren't very threatening. There's a zone-out 5 feet from the camp if shit goes bad.

Nothing crazy exp or money wise, but availability is good. When I was playing, Tiaras were 8k and Frog crowns were 1-2k. Looking at wiki now, it's more like 2k/700pp. You can make level 1 trolls to carry lore crowns if you care about the cash. If you really wanted, could probably kill pH for Froglok Summoner in Uguk as well.
Old 09-21-2018, 04:26 PM
Kobold

Thx a lot for the replies guys! I did 49 and 50 at HHK nobles in like 4 hours but I'm not sure that I can stand staring at that green wall for much longer..

Think I will go check out HS entrance if you think thats doable at 51 and maybe resort to CoM/HHK for a lvl or two if HS is too hard for some reason.

Do you guys have any tips regarding HS, like the best way to zone in, where I can sit and med by entrance and basement? I think Tecmos mentioned that you can sit on the top third north(?) stairs by entrance but I might be mistaken.

@Tecmos I watched most of your videos 2 or 3 times already, really enjoyed them and found them very educational, so thx for that [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-21-2018, 06:23 PM
Aviak

There's also the ogre guards in neriak foreign quarter. IIRC there's 4-6 of them on a 6:40 respawn and the faction hits they give don't extend to anything else relevant.
Closed Thread