Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 11:11 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If this is working correctly, it should be 1 mana per tick at all times. It takes 12 meditate skill per point of mana. The 10 meditate was only to speed up memorization times.

Bards gain 1 mana per tick at all times, but if they are sitting, they gain an additional 1 mana per tick, for a total of 2 mana per tick. It has nothing to do with meditate, any casting class gains more mana while sitting than standing prior to having meditate.

It is indeed true that bard gained meditate solely for speeding up memorization times for songs.

cheers!
Old 09-17-2010, 12:23 PM
VIP / Contributor

This is true. Thanks for clarifying that oversight.
Old 09-17-2010, 08:08 PM
Sarnak

so? any news on reversing the switch for pets? nilbogs only memory comes from after kunark was released where as i know a fair amount of people with distinct memories of it not being changed until much later around kunark time
Old 09-17-2010, 11:12 PM
Aviak

You'd have to show solid proof I think Virt. Memories are not enough I don't believe.

I went through every patch up to 2002 and I saw no mention at all of Pet Faction changes.

I remember getting faction during kunark using just my pet. I'm sure there is proof in the mage archives if there were no faction hits. I haven't checked them yet though.
Old 09-17-2010, 11:51 PM
Kobold

I still believe the faction change occurred at the same time pets were made neutral so that mobs did not agro on them. It wouldn't make sense any other way. You couldn't have green mobs going around agroing on pets and also taking a faction hit. This way, the only way you got a faction hit on green mobs was when you intentionally attacked the mob. I am pretty sure this was Velious or later.
Last edited by krforrester; 09-17-2010 at 11:55 PM..
Old 09-18-2010, 12:11 AM
Sarnak

memories were good enough for nilbog to have it changed, one person's memories of faction from pets in kunark ~ era should not outweigh the plethora of peoples memories of it NOT causing faction until then

but then again, he's a gm, we arent. his playground i suppose.

//

and krforr, i agree...THAT would make the most sense
Last edited by Virtuosos; 09-18-2010 at 12:14 AM..
Old 09-18-2010, 04:35 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Code Only[LIST][*]Haynar: Pets doing damage to an NPC will now cause faction hits.
not working as patch notes say then

when i was killing gnolls i never bother to damage greens, i let the pet do all the work. no faction hit after kill even after the patch
Old 09-18-2010, 04:36 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Some zones weren't updated correctly with the 16th patch. The 18th patch has addressed this and everything should be up to date.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 09-18-2010, 11:20 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Code Only[LIST]
[*]Haynar: Eye of Zomm will now open doors.
My Eye of Zomm still cannot open doors.

Edit: Ok, just checked again and it is opening doors. Thanks, this is a great fix.
Last edited by krforrester; 09-18-2010 at 11:43 AM..
Old 09-18-2010, 11:21 AM
VIP / Contributor

Maybe you have a lazy eye
What you want is the First Time EQ Experience all over again. It's understandable, everyone that experienced it knows what it was like. But, and I want you to absorb this, IT WILL NEVER BE THE SAME. Not ever. No matter how hard you try.

I hope you find what you're looking for, but it will never be the way you want it, even if they were able to make it 100% exactly like it was at launch.
Closed Thread