Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2019, 11:54 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizersoze [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You think the ice giant camp is bad, just look at the dickheads that will purposefully get in your way at Drusella. Knowing its camped. FDd right in your damn way of pulling. And wont just fuck off and do something else.
Lol at your anger spilling into other RnF threads. Maybe try ten hours of deep breathing exercises instead of 10 hours of fending off the DS camp from randos logging on to check if its camped.
Old 08-06-2019, 11:57 PM
Planar Protector

“You Tyerrrrk Mah Giant!!!”
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 08-07-2019, 12:03 AM
Planar Protector

Also yeah someone change Okcoolmans name in game as its violating the naming policy thanks

Also why is a lvl 60 wiz camping ice gisnts? The petty coin lol?
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 08-07-2019, 12:31 AM
Sarnak

Almost everyone agrees Ice Giant camps are two in the front or one in the bank. You can camp all three if you are the only one obviously. If someone else shows up they can take the back one. It's an outdoor zone so technically someone is only "entitled" to one spawn. In practice it almost always operates as I described in the opening sentence.
Old 08-07-2019, 02:22 AM
Banned

Giants. This thread is about giants.

/sigh
Old 08-07-2019, 03:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also yeah someone change Okcoolmans name in game as its violating the naming policy thanks

Also why is a lvl 60 wiz camping ice gisnts? The petty coin lol?
I was wondering the same about the 60 wiz. Seriously WTF? City guards have to be better cash. Porting people is better cash. When I left I was tripping 100PP for a port, or much more if they had to run away from the rings/spires.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 08-07-2019, 05:46 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarlmarxbros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean, you're objectively wrong by established rules surrounding how camps work. And I hardly see how it is my responsibility to track down whomever killed a mob at a vacant camp. And is the subsequent KS of two giants before retreating to his two camp something you side with as well?
you really crying over a fucking ice giant camp? normal person would just move on..

wonder who the child is.
Old 08-07-2019, 05:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizersoze [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You think the ice giant camp is bad, just look at the dickheads that will purposefully get in your way at Drusella. Knowing its camped. FDd right in your damn way of pulling. And wont just fuck off and do something else.
How does them FDing in a pull path affect you?
Old 08-07-2019, 08:31 AM
Planar Protector

GMs, can we please change this player's name 'Ok Cool, Man' which is ruining my immersion.
Old 08-07-2019, 08:51 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarlmarxbros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
loramin, I appreciate what you are trying to say, and I 100% agree with you that I should either give an /ooc that I am contesting a vacant camp or just wait for the mob to pop to see if anybody comes around. In my mind, it's a quick 6 minute spawn, and if someone other than the guy who is already holding the two spawn comes over, I have no problem yielding the camp (which is why I did the /who to see who really was in the zone at the time and I didn't get anybody gating back saying "hey this is my camp."). I can see now this is not the right approach and I should make my intentions clear from the jump. That being said...

This guy is sitting at the two giant camp and coming over into what is widely known as a separate camp and telling me to GTFO. Does he want to take the single spawn as his camp rather than the two spawn? Nope, he wants all three. This would not have been settled with an /ooc of me saying I was taking the camp, that would have just fast forwarded his tantrum about 4-5 minutes. Fragmented is a bully, and people giving him a pass for acting like this is a large part of the reason why we can see a pattern of this behavior across the server.
OP stop acting like you didn't know what was going on. It doesn't take a seasoned rule aficionado to know that you didn't handle this honestly. Anybody capable of deductive reasoning would have seen the IG you showed up at was dead, seen the other 2 had a player killing/sitting near them, and been 99% sure that the same guy was killing all 3.

From that point, regardless of how sure you were about who killed the IF less than 6 minutes ago, you had 2 options:

1)Reach out to him proactively and ask for 1 of the camps. If you wanted to cite the rules on what constitutes a camp AFTER he said no, you'd be in the right.

2)Kill the mob quickly when it pops and deal with the fallout while citing the rules.

You consciously opted for #2. You know it. Fragmented knew it. Everybody in this thread knows it. Any GM that showed up would have seen it and lectured you on the PNP because you didn't handle it honestly.