Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2019, 06:46 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vormotus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow that is baaaaad, cash shops are the first sign the game will try to harvest and burn everything they can off the game for a quick profit.
Yes, but by people talking about it, he means forum people. Visionary Realms have repeatedly said that Pantheon will not feature a cash shop.
Old 12-21-2019, 08:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonnenkrieger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, but by people talking about it, he means forum people. Visionary Realms have repeatedly said that Pantheon will not feature a cash shop.
After adding nameplates and debuff icons under mobs they might as well add a cash shop because that already ruins the "spirit of EQ" feel to it. And thats really the only thing that would have made it different from every other MMO. Because its not like acclimation or the perception system is anything special (or the combat) because its just like an achievement popup that tells you when to look for secrets. Not sure why they felt the need to add that instead of just putting secrets in the game for us to discover on our own. Well I think I know why but its a dumb reason.

I guess its good that they wont include instances and still require corpse runs. If they stick to that. But all they had to do was make good feeling combat like classic WoW except with more abilities so its not watered down with a low skill cap, then have a minimal UI with no target rings, telegraphs, nameplates or other garbage, and put secrets and corpse runs in the game. And no instances. That's literally the recipe for an MMO that will save the genre. Besides some other nuance systems that I came up with to prevent end game stagnation and bottleneck camps like "sidegrades", that I won't go into.
Last edited by Hazek; 12-21-2019 at 08:29 PM..
Old 12-22-2019, 04:55 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
After adding nameplates and debuff icons under mobs they might as well add a cash shop because that already ruins the "spirit of EQ" feel to it. And thats really the only thing that would have made it different from every other MMO. Because its not like acclimation or the perception system is anything special (or the combat) because its just like an achievement popup that tells you when to look for secrets. Not sure why they felt the need to add that instead of just putting secrets in the game for us to discover on our own. Well I think I know why but its a dumb reason.

I guess its good that they wont include instances and still require corpse runs. If they stick to that. But all they had to do was make good feeling combat like classic WoW except with more abilities so its not watered down with a low skill cap, then have a minimal UI with no target rings, telegraphs, nameplates or other garbage, and put secrets and corpse runs in the game. And no instances. That's literally the recipe for an MMO that will save the genre. Besides some other nuance systems that I came up with to prevent end game stagnation and bottleneck camps like "sidegrades", that I won't go into.
I agree that the nameplates are dumb, but you completely lost me at the WoW part. Everything about so-called Classic WoW is absolute trash. It just happens to be less trashy than new WoW, but that's not saying much at all.
Old 12-22-2019, 09:35 AM
Planar Protector

still boggles the mind that no one except blizzard put time into making combat fast and responsive

no comment here about wow's philosophy or other gameplay. It was one of the few post-eq mmos where combat didn't feel like you're operating some shotty mud truck, imo ofc

I hope that vanguard 2 puts some effort into the feel of the thing you're doing 90% of the time while playing the game. I don't care how shiny the ground is, if your char looks and feels like a clay golem it's weird... Looking at you eq2
Old 12-22-2019, 04:22 PM
Sarnak

Massively put out there predictions for 2020, and it's not a good sign that they almost universally forgot to mention Pantheon at all. They covered almost every other game, even announcements of EverQuest 3, but Pantheon has just slipped their minds.
Old 12-22-2019, 06:19 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawqueue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Massively put out there predictions for 2020, and it's not a good sign that they almost universally forgot to mention Pantheon at all. They covered almost every other game, even announcements of EverQuest 3, but Pantheon has just slipped their minds.
Pantheon probably won't be out until late 2021 or early 2022, so that's not a surprise. And anyway, in reference to Massively, how is that "not a good sign"? Massively is an irrelevant website for normies that care about so-called video game journalism.
Old 12-22-2019, 06:46 PM
Banned

It's a cringe for sure
Old 12-22-2019, 07:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonnenkrieger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree that the nameplates are dumb, but you completely lost me at the WoW part. Everything about so-called Classic WoW is absolute trash. It just happens to be less trashy than new WoW, but that's not saying much at all.
Well the combat, abilities and animations feel great even though that's my opinion and despite it having a low skill cap from a limited number of options. Even jumping was fun.
Last edited by Hazek; 12-22-2019 at 08:00 PM..
Old 12-23-2019, 09:42 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well the combat, abilities and animations feel great
Totally agree.

In retail WoW I play a warrior and absolutely love the way combat feels. My AOE stomp, my AOE slash, my filler where my troll jumps in the air and slashes down. It's great.

Now imagine that rewarding combat while you're hanging out in a dungeon camping some random room EQ-style. Sounds pretty chill to me.
Old 12-23-2019, 01:06 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Pantheon probably won't be out until late 2021 or early 2022, so that's not a surprise. And anyway, in reference to Massively, how is that "not a good sign"? Massively is an irrelevant website for normies that care about so-called video game journalism.
It's also a barometer for how much relevance Pantheon has with a wide audience. If a 'normie' website like Massively has all but forgotten it, while still heavily including comparable games like Camelot Unchained an Crowfall, then you've got a problem. No press until you launch because everyone stopped caring is not the recipe for a successful game.
Closed Thread