Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: Should List Allow Account Sharing?
Yes 26 23.64%
No 84 76.36%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2019, 08:34 PM
Sarnak

If you want to roll with the big dogs you gotta pay your dues.

These items were going to be uber rare and if neckbeards want to win them then that's just how the game is.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 11-15-2019, 08:36 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by glencastle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Someone will eventually die

Sad day
So true.

I have a lot of respect for the makers of this project, but it seems they are stubborn, arrogant, and unwilling to recognize that this list situation is extremely bad.

I guess it will take a death to relieve them of their arrogance.
Old 11-15-2019, 08:39 PM
Planar Protector

I really wish the legacy items had been left out entirely, as was the case with ALL NEW server launches after their initial removal. It is CLASSIC to launch new servers without legacy items. In hindsight that would have been the best choice to prevent this absolute shitshow and maintain a classic feel.
Old 11-15-2019, 08:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuklak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you want to roll with the big dogs you gotta pay your dues.

These items were going to be uber rare and if neckbeards want to win them then that's just how the game is.
Yep. Without the list the casual players would have ZERO chance of getting the stone. The list at least makes it possible for them but AT WHAT COST??!?

It's not up to Rogean to protect people from themselves. People seriously need to be adults here and make the right decision. Either account share OR DON'T CAMP IT.
Old 11-15-2019, 08:48 PM
Sarnak

Rotating players is lame and should be forbidden
Old 11-15-2019, 08:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomeCaptain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So true.

I have a lot of respect for the makers of this project, but it seems they are stubborn, arrogant, and unwilling to recognize that this list situation is extremely bad.

I guess it will take a death to relieve them of their arrogance.
If some neckbeard dies from a pulmonary embolism while trying to acquire one single piece of loot in a decades-old game, that's natural selection at work. People die for frivolous, stupid things every moment of every day.

The list situation is bad and runs contrary to its stated goal of allowing every player who wants an item to have that item, but most of us are grown-ups and it's our responsibility not to engage in self-destructive behavior. The most obvious solution is simply to ignore the list and farm platinum to purchase the items you want, which can be done on your own terms rather than the terms of an ultra-competitive list filled with mentally ill no-lifers and account sharers.
Old 11-15-2019, 08:57 PM
Planar Protector

legacy items should drop 6 at a time
Old 11-15-2019, 09:01 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rotating players is lame and should be forbidden
Definitely not classic, but people will always find a way to misuse the system to their advantage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glencastle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Someone will eventually die
I've been awake at least 48 hours, I'm hitting that minimum benchmark for online deaths, woot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soothsayer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
natural selection at work. People die for frivolous, stupid things

filled with mentally ill no-lifers and account sharers.
Forgive me, I was not aware I stood in the presence of such genetic greatness.
Last edited by Seungkyu; 11-15-2019 at 09:05 PM..
Old 11-15-2019, 09:18 PM
Aviak

When somebody dies at this camp P99 is going to get a lot of press. The resulting surge of new players will probably require a 3rd server.

I propose the next server be called Lime, Mint or Pickle. Or maybe we name it after the deceased?
Old 11-15-2019, 09:21 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomeCaptain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This just shows that mindlessly sticking to "classic" results in anything but a classic experience. And in this case a dangerous experience.

We didn't know all details of the game when EQ launched, so the only way to have a similar experience is to introduce mystery.

Want to have the Manastone in the game?

Than have it drop off a group of different mobs. This group is of appropriate level and location and lore. Perhaps it is never dropped by the same mob twice.

That's exciting and fun.

Sitting in your own filth for extremely long periods of time, endangering your health and self-respect all for a certain drop is neither fun nor exciting.
This is a good solution but where would it stop?
Closed Thread