Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2020, 11:04 PM
Sarnak

Most of 2000 to date.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 09-09-2020, 02:23 PM
Banned

almost got a B in math for EQ
parents are asian and you know this shit dont go well when you get a B
Old 09-10-2020, 09:31 PM
Planar Protector

I was working at a NY startup when EQ came out and I saw this chick playing it in the office, so I came by and stared down her shirt for a while. She thought I was interested in the game so she talked about it for a minute then camped out and went to the character screen and rolled some character quickly and said here, you drive see how you like it.

So I told her I came over to tell her it looks bad to be playing video games in a public area of the floor when we're looking for funding and VC's are in the wire. And she was like are you serious and I'm like yeah you can play your nerd game but why don't you set it up in the server room, next to the Unreal Tournament guys. So she went there but didn't like it cause those guys were all from Barbados and they would yell super loud and then talk to each other in Barbadosian slang and the server room was loud in general. But that's where we made all the game players go.

So of course later on she said you know it's not a nerd game there's a lot of people playing it and I said it's fine, I was just making fun of you. And she was like so you want to see it? And I was like ahhhh and she said c'mon you owe me for the insult. She really wanted to show me, so we went to the super-loud server room and she explained things for me while I tried to leave Freeport.

I wound up missing a catered lunch.
Old 09-10-2020, 09:45 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was working at a NY startup when EQ came out and I saw this chick playing it in the office, so I came by and stared down her shirt for a while. She thought I was interested in the game so she talked about it for a minute then camped out and went to the character screen and rolled some character quickly and said here, you drive see how you like it.

So I told her I came over to tell her it looks bad to be playing video games in a public area of the floor when we're looking for funding and VC's are in the wire. And she was like are you serious and I'm like yeah you can play your nerd game but why don't you set it up in the server room, next to the Unreal Tournament guys. So she went there but didn't like it cause those guys were all from Barbados and they would yell super loud and then talk to each other in Barbadosian slang and the server room was loud in general. But that's where we made all the game players go.

So of course later on she said you know it's not a nerd game there's a lot of people playing it and I said it's fine, I was just making fun of you. And she was like so you want to see it? And I was like ahhhh and she said c'mon you owe me for the insult. She really wanted to show me, so we went to the super-loud server room and she explained things for me while I tried to leave Freeport.

I wound up missing a catered lunch.
nostalgic for a time I never existed in

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.
Old 09-11-2020, 12:19 AM
Sarnak

I wound up missing a catered lunch.[/QUOTE]

That is the most heartbreaking one so far.
You guys are going to have to really stretch to beat that.
Old 09-16-2020, 02:39 PM
Banned

Let one of my uo trap houses rot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-18-2020, 09:24 AM
Large Rat

i dropped out of high school to play eq.i regret did not spend a lot of time on studying
Old 09-18-2020, 10:23 AM
Planar Protector

would that have made any difference this many years later?
Old 09-18-2020, 10:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendlinzh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i dropped out of high school to play eq.i regret did not spend a lot of time on studying
If it wasn’t EQ it likely would have been some other excuse that made you tardy, stay up too late, fail to meet your commitments, etc. eq is a symptom of such behaviour not a cause.
Last edited by Jimjam; 09-18-2020 at 11:07 AM..
Old 09-18-2020, 11:21 AM
Banned

I dunno, I had two rl friends who were incredibly good consistent students from elementary right up through senior year of highschool, and literally as soon as they started playing eq they started failing out of their AP courses and nearly failing highschool altogether. It's hard not to put significant blame on eq specifically for that, but of course playing it was ultimately their choice.
Closed Thread