Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 08:45 AM
Aviak

Default I played 2 yellow on FdP and wasn't impressed

but it was awesome to jump on my cleric and necro -nameless server and fart around a bit. Forgot how tricked out I had them. It wasn't enough to get me away from p99, I like the classic game play. I have my own server to rip thru and slash dragons when I feel the need.

P99 for ever!!
Old 02-17-2011, 09:06 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanystvyl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have my own server to rip thru and slash dragons when I feel the need.

P99 for ever!!
I still need to get a decent enough comp and figure out how to do this......
Wolfang: Human Monk

Estolcles: Human Paladin
*Thread postings and responses are 99.9999% of the time not representing the thoughts and beliefs of Europa, including any/all of it's members and officers.

"You chicken chokin' pecker puke!" ~Terry Funk
Old 02-17-2011, 04:04 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What's the fucking point of "progression" when you're vastly more overpowered for the current content of where you are supposed to be in progression?

*facepalm*
How do you figure overpowered?
Old 02-17-2011, 04:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timzilla [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How do you figure overpowered?
I also don't read threads before asking questions that have been answered 30 times in said thread.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:28 PM
Kobold

Send a message via AIM to BuzWeaver Send a message via Yahoo to BuzWeaver

I'm finding it enjoyable. Granted its not 'true' classic and SOE had never intended it to be a P1999 style server. I'll give some credit to SOE for at least allowing people some free play time.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzWeaver [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll give some credit to SOE for at least allowing people some free play time.
well SOE's EverQuest market is broad enough, where regaining even 1 month's worth of subscription fees, from Fippy and Vulak's population, was likely a large part of the plan to dish out free trials.
Last edited by azeth; 02-17-2011 at 06:41 PM..
Old 02-17-2011, 06:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What's the fucking point of "progression" when you're vastly more overpowered for the current content of where you are supposed to be in progression?

*facepalm*
The point is that you aren't supposed to stay locked in the older expansions, as they can't truly replicate the environment of them with the amount of time/resources they have devoted to the project.

Currently, monk fists + mage pets are vastly overpowered (even more so than they were in classic).

Mana regeneration is way faster (you can bitch about this, but sitting at your screen for 10 minutes to meditate to full mana isn't fun or 'hard')

Spell levels are all screwed up, at some point in time they decided to let casting classes get spells every single level. Stupid decision imo but meh.

Spell data is OP. Minor Healing does 10-15 Health instead of just a base 10, etc. Nukes do more, DoTs do more.

Basically, Classic EQ, Kunark, Velious and Luclin will fall with ease because of these unbalanced issues. The true test will be what people vote on the unlocking. I'd expect it to be stuck in Classic for the people who want to 'relive' the classic days... until they realize that it really isn't and then they let it progress along.

I'd be totally in favor of it getting stuck in LDoN or GoD or PoP, cause those were some of the better later expansions once EQ evolved beyond an adventure game.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:37 PM
Sarnak

how long do they let you trial run fippy for? and is it for existing subscribers only?

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 02-17-2011, 08:39 PM
Large Rat

I'm a big fan of the P99 server, but really, who gives a fuck if someone else wants to have a server there way. I can't possibly imagine how that could be a good or bad thing. We do our thing, they do there's. From that post they seem to be much more rational than what I see here.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volsic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, first 2 SKs to 50 can off all the bosses in classic, assuming their HTs don't get resisted. Awesome.
They fixed HT it's how its supposed to be now [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread