Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2020, 03:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by derpcake2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Trans people are like vegans and shitting on a hookers chest.

Its fine but the world doesn't need to know.
Your comparison is bad and you should feel bad.
Old 01-09-2020, 03:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polycaster [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bickering doesn't cause people to do those things. Within my family we have far more bickering, and it just made us stronger. Which I think was the point; if you are used to Uncle Bob ripping on you, then some random jerkoff isn't going to affect you much.

I think the problem goes a lot deeper. Probably involving a lack of a group identity, that there is nothing greater than ourselves to attach ourselves to except ephemeral nonsense like brand name loyalty and video games.
Part of it is probably that nowadays we have entire movements of people essentially telling young people they're innately bad if they're not a racial minority, a certain gender, or LGBT (can't remember the full acronym).

Not saying it's necessarily a conscious affect on people, but I wouldn't be surprised if there are some at least subconscious negative effects on a young person from continuing to read/hear about how your entire specific race and/or gender is awful.
Old 01-09-2020, 03:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by derpcake2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You do understand Aristotle became head of the royal academy of Macedon, at the time probably one of the wealthiest cities in the world?

He taught the same Alexander that turned into Alexander the great.

After this he went back to Athens where he set up his own academy. He was by all standards wealthy.

Your comparison is bad and you should feel bad.

Comparing one of the greatest minds of ancient history to gender diversity masters (or do they use a gender-neutral word?) shows the raw amount of stupid present.
You have such a crush on Aristotle. Lol.

Anyways, if Alexander the Great was so great then why
do we have so much income inequality?
Old 01-09-2020, 03:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://youtu.be/AkA5jH36_Ks

Which one are you? I'm guessing Ethan.
Lots of nasa shirts in this crowd, bet they're so excited to go to mars haha
Old 01-09-2020, 03:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Part of it is probably that nowadays we have entire movements of people essentially telling young people they're innately bad if they're not a racial minority, a certain gender, or LGBT (can't remember the full acronym).

Not saying it's necessarily a conscious affect on people, but I wouldn't be surprised if there are some at least subconscious negative effects on a young person from continuing to read/hear about how your entire specific race and/or gender is awful.
Omg there's so much irony here. I do, however, agree with you, and, having been subjected to that bullshit, I don't want ANYONE being told they're essentially bad.

Too bad my allies are fucking retards.
Old 01-09-2020, 03:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have such a crush on Aristotle. Lol.

Anyways, if Alexander the Great was so great then why
do we have so much income inequality?
I mean, he's not wrong. It's a stupid analogy. Aristotle, among other things, made important contributions to fields such as physics, zoology, and astronomy/meteorology that were part of advances in such fields. Comparing him to random gender studies majors who generally contribute nothing of value to society doesn't make sense.
Old 01-09-2020, 03:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Like I said before, they care more about whether that elf is trans than sane people do about almost anything.
Old 01-09-2020, 03:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Omg there's so much irony here. I do, however, agree with you, and, having been subjected to that bullshit, I don't want ANYONE being told they're essentially bad.

Too bad my allies are fucking retards.
Yup. Too much finger pointing and blaming (story of human nature I suppose), which will only result in us just continuing to sit in the morass we're in.
Old 01-09-2020, 03:32 PM
Planar Protector

The bigger picture in that question was are (useless) fields such as MFA, MBA, gender studies, and philosophy useful in comparison to a bottom-teir (hehe) health care workers.

No. No they simply aren't. This is coming from someone who loves art, feminism, and philosophy. They're hobbies.
Old 01-09-2020, 03:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Yup. Too much finger pointing and blaming (story of human nature I suppose), which will only result in us just continuing to sit in the morass we're in.
It's eye for an eye. They're pissed off marginalized groups of people who have recently acquired some level of social power and still remember how society (represented by cis white men) treated them not so long ago.

I understand them, but they're cringey whiny bitches who are going to eventually get us sent to camps Soo there's that.
Closed Thread