Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2016, 12:49 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"No truce with the shadow." -Shaere <Taken>
Old 03-04-2016, 12:50 PM
Banned

And again - I am just a pleb to raiding - I am the definition of "warm body" so take what I say with a grain of salt
Old 03-04-2016, 12:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quick history lesson from my experiences since 2014...

It's not so much about trust as it is "Do unto other as you want done unto you". I can only speak from personal experience, but BDA and Taken were both instrumental (IE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE) for the dismantling of the class rotation system because they had zerg numbers and were getting annoyed by guilds like Asgard, Omni, and Azure Guard who wanted to kill dragons under the CASUAL class rotation. Taken and BDA both refused to move up and compete with IB and TMO. Asgard decides enough of this sh!t and joins class C because there's only like 2 guilds actually competing…We start getting kills!

So Asgard decides we are going to step it up and compete at the highest level possible in Velious to start off – nToV...not going to lie, times were tough at first, we were too small and the zergs were too big. So we made a few alliances so that we could live normal lives and also get loot. Taken joins us only to desert the alliance and join the competition in hopes of crushing us and monopolizing ToV 100%. Funny thing happens though, this only galvanized the Asgard alliance and we started kicking the sh!t out Taken and Rampage on a weekly basis. So now its clear that Taken made ANOTHER bad move, and now that Rampage is gone talks of a rotation are starting again.

Seems to be a situation of a guy picking a fight, getting his sh!t pushed in, and then calling for a truce and saying the other guy is a bully.

Excuse me when I say “blow it out your ass” to any Taken member who thinks they are not the problem with the current raid scene.
So Taken had broken no agreement but because you wanted a greater share of the loot you wanted another guild to move into an area whose only advantage was VP access while they lacked the needed resources to effectively compete there?

Interesting. You wanted the same thing they wanted but they are the ones you blame while not knowing a thing about their situation.

Alliances are temporary things, everyone should understand that. Your guild joined an alliance to better itself and it's members, so did other guilds. If a better offer comes along your guild will take it just as all other guilds will.

You personally don't feel Taken made decisions that affected you positively. The job of a guild is to take care of it's members not non-members. You're personal bias is coloring your opinion as I originally stated.
Old 03-04-2016, 12:53 PM
Fire Giant

Can't believe I got that wrong. Thanks 4 shaere.
Old 03-04-2016, 12:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quick history lesson from my experiences since 2014...

It's not so much about trust as it is "Do unto other as you want done unto you". I can only speak from personal experience, but BDA and Taken were both instrumental (IE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE) for the dismantling of the class rotation system because they had zerg numbers and were getting annoyed by guilds like Asgard, Omni, and Azure Guard who wanted to kill dragons under the CASUAL class rotation. Taken and BDA both refused to move up and compete with IB and TMO. Asgard decides enough of this sh!t and joins class C because there's only like 2 guilds actually competing…We start getting kills!

So Asgard decides we are going to step it up and compete at the highest level possible in Velious to start off – nToV...not going to lie, times were tough at first, we were too small and the zergs were too big. So we made a few alliances so that we could live normal lives and also get loot. Taken joins us only to desert the alliance and join the competition in hopes of crushing us and monopolizing ToV 100%. Funny thing happens though, this only galvanized the Asgard alliance and we started kicking the sh!t out Taken and Rampage on a weekly basis. So now its clear that Taken made ANOTHER bad move, and now that Rampage is gone talks of a rotation are starting again.

Seems to be a situation of a guy picking a fight, getting his sh!t pushed in, and then calling for a truce and saying the other guy is a bully.

Excuse me when I say “blow it out your ass” to any Taken member who thinks they are not the problem with the current raid scene.
Nice fairy tale. This request/thread also started by a member of your alliance...

As for taken leaving the alliance we were never a part of the alliance in TOV with FA. How did we leave an alliance we were never a part of? Appears taken made the best move we are now apart of the best single raiding guild on the server, without question.

Stick to your trolling in RnF.
Old 03-04-2016, 12:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
And again - I am just a pleb to raiding - I am the definition of "warm body" so take what I say with a grain of salt
Can you make this your signature?

Skimming through RNF would make more sense if only I were reminded of this every post.

To suggest Taken was/is the sole reason the raid scene is shit is laughable at best. Every guild who competes plays a part in making it the way it is. Whether it's raising the number of trackers, gating to spawns, Rezzing corpses on spawns, CotHing to spawns, FTEing with trackers, breaking agreements, or General petitionquesting. It's all retarded and all a waste of time and energy.

It was shit in ToV far before Taken ever got an FTE in the zone. It was all shit before the class system and was all shit during Class R through its various phases.
Old 03-04-2016, 12:58 PM
Sarnak

Rampage is gone because Taken merged with Rampage, that is how well the guilds and their membership got along. It was obviously a better relationship than the previous alliance from both of their points of view. They new guild has had very successful raiding results since then which seems to confirm this.
Old 03-04-2016, 01:00 PM
Kobold

Two ways to make the ToV raid scene slightly more classic and more fun

-Move all ToV binds to the Plane of Mischief zone in pad. All evidence points to ToV binding being un-classic and by moving the binds no one will have wasted a Locket charge as PoM binds are still desirable. This will eliminate TL box pulling!

-Eliminate the CoTH magician safe spots that are very near to dragon spawn points. Add invisible walls, add z-axis boundaries (I think this was done in VP at some point), change LoS checking, do whatever! If guilds were forced to CoTH to just a couple of places in north wing (maybe Aary hall and PoM cubby) then it would be less CoTHquest and more foot races.
Old 03-04-2016, 01:04 PM
Planar Protector

Taken always said they would move to the bleeding edge when we were ready to do so. We were (and are still) a guild that caters to the casual as well as the hardcore so that isn't something that just happens immediately. It takes work.

Also it is important to add that when we were actually ready for it, the FAT alliance wouldn't allow us to participate in NTOV with them. And we still had to shoulder the majority of your tracking. So fuck you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You can't blame us for going with Rampage who actually offered us something fair. We worked so well together which resulted in the <Awakened> guild you now see.

Whats funny is you guys always shit on us for having to share loot. Looks like you are now what you shit on and we are a single top guild.

FA has nobody else to blame but themselves for what happened. QQ more about it.
Last edited by -Catherin-; 03-04-2016 at 01:07 PM..
Old 03-04-2016, 01:07 PM
Sarnak

Fifey. You could always come home and leave behind the toxic leadership you've chosen to follow. That would solve all of your issues. BTW, your guild gating mages to bind spots started the influx of mages into ToV along with Detoxx's insistence that the old agreements with Rampage no longer exist anymore. You reap what you sow, and Detoxx decided one random dragon was worth mucking up the raid scene even more than it already is.

See ya'll on the battlefield and let's just see the original post for what it is, a fluff piece aimed at making it seem like Forsaken is "actively trying" to fix the raid rules, which is pretty laughable.

BTW, merge already please. I can't wait for my daily dose of "As the Merge Turns" watching those 2 guilds try to get along.

NB4 RNF