Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2018, 11:24 PM
Fire Giant

Default My Retirement from EQ

Yo Ho Ho!

I've long promised my wife that I would retire from EQ when I hit 40 and my birthday is next week, so today is the day I walk away from the game forever.

I was drawn to P99 after I lost all my screenshots/memories from Live and happened upon this video from Reptox that showed me how to make a self-sustaining monk on the server. Over three years later and I've been able to experience nearly all content from my favourite expansion in EQ history, only repeating the 10th Ring (it's just too good).

During that time I got to:
  • Solo Guardian Kozz
  • Write the wiki on the Spirit of Garzicor
  • Dragon crawl in NToV
  • Punch Tunare with her own Fist
  • Proc my own Avatar
  • Crawl the Hole from entrance to exit with another monk
  • Bind and explore in PoM
  • Solo an Armour of Zek at his spawn point and take the secret tunnel back to Arena
  • Priceless crawl all of ST
  • Break-in to Fear with another monk
  • Quest a skeletal monk pet in Dalnir (Spirit of Golin)
  • Flop all the way through VP and exit behind Nexona
  • Kill the Queen in DN!

There are a number of you, most notably my friends list, who really made P99 a community for me. For that I deeply thank you. For many others I was a casual acquaintance or someone you happened to run into around Norrath, but my goal was always the same: be helpful and considerate to strangers, and always give more than I take. To that end, I leave you with my Level 59 Monk Solo Guide and P99 Monk Pulling Guide. I sincerely hope they help.

Although I'm gone, Zentile is not. He will be turned over to the guild and used as a shared account, hopefully frequently. Nothing would make me happier to hear AG is getting tons of use from Zentile after my playing days are over. I've built him as nearly 100% no drop, but the few slots that are tradable I've filled with suitable replacement gear so he's still at 5005HP and 220svM raid buffed with a badass Fist of Nature $$.

As for the rest of AG, I'm leaving them with two things: the guild bank gets over 300k in plat to cover recharges for a while, and the guild Monks get to DKP bid on my ~2.2M plat in tradable gear (AoW Legs, KT Helm, Beads, CoF, Fungi, TStaff, Vindi Earring, Rainbow Shield and Narandi's Range). I want the monks in AG all to benefit from my legacy, and hopefully they all get something to remember me by.

It took me a long time to realized why I loved P99 so much. This game is competitive, challenging and leaves you with a real sense of accomplishment when you reach your goals. But on the flip side, it's predictable and comforting because you know everything that's going to happen. It's a bit like getting to reply your life with perfect information.

It's also a reminder of simpler times before kids, jobs, commitments and pressures. It's really one of the best escapes there is, and for that I will sadly miss it. A huge, huge thanks to the Devs for making it all possible. Everyone one of us is deeply indebted to you for your sacrifices.

I can honestly walk away feeling complete in a game that never ends. That is the meaning of accomplishment.

Applaud friends, my show is over.

Zentile

Zentile underscore P99 at gmail dot com
Old 06-03-2018, 11:25 PM
Fire Giant

tl;dr Thanks P99!!

Zen
Old 06-04-2018, 12:19 AM
Fire Giant

Happy Birthday!
Old 06-04-2018, 12:42 AM
Banned

Good luck and God bless you
Old 06-04-2018, 12:51 AM
Planar Protector

youll be back

seeya ina week
Old 06-04-2018, 02:13 AM
Fire Giant

Enjoy retirement man! Your guides have been very helpful
Old 06-04-2018, 02:24 AM
Sarnak

Was fun to play with you buddy, take care /bow

P.s. I am hitting 39 in exactly 2 weeks, so have a year left [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-04-2018, 02:40 AM
Fire Giant

Peace
Old 06-04-2018, 02:44 AM
Kobold

/salute Zent.

You have a new quest now.

Take care and don't be a stranger!
Old 06-04-2018, 05:06 AM
Planar Protector

Maybe you can return when you hit 50.

Danth