Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2020, 03:38 PM
Fire Giant

It's refreshing to be on a server where people AREN'T spending 100% of their time camping the same item over and over and over just to tunnel fat cat it. It seriously is refreshing.. You need an item for a toon or a buddy? Then just go camp it, and move on.
Old 11-19-2020, 03:42 PM
Planar Protector

Red is top heavy. That's the way it's going to be.

Its a group game. If you want kills, a shm/druid battle buddy combo is strong. Because of velios it is necessary to have a tash/malo.

Solo pvp. Rangers,paladins and sks are strong. They can spam cheaper spells and joust.

Just can't steamroll and dominate red solo like people do when they twink on green. It's how EQ be. If you want ezmode. Sure green is easy if you don't mind waiting in line for other players to have their fill of pixels.
Old 11-19-2020, 08:11 PM
Planar Protector

Red players have said for about 5 years server is open. Go get whatever item you want. Shit join the one guild and get whatever end game loot you want. But if you really want a red server pvp has to go on from level 1-60 and that is just not viable on a stagnant locked box server.
Old 11-19-2020, 09:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are like 30 different people playing on red, each has a bunch of toons. Over time, even though everyone is /anon, you just end up learning who is who, which ones are OOR to you, and what to expect from them. Like, if you're solo leveling a twink in, say, Mistmoore, and you see a known noob-hunter popping in, deleveled and equiped with VP / Velious gear and whatnot, you can safely go ahead and camp or zone, you will not kill him. There, you avoided PvP that you had no shot at winning.
Ahh, ok makes sense, thanks.
Higher level players, twinked up, can de-level? Ouch! There are noobs hunters?!? Ouch 2X!

I'm probably the only player I should never try Red, I'm very bad and clumsy player. Danger to myself more that to attacking NPC's. I killed myself few times. I'm sure I have a record of deaths on green, just can't prove it. I solo so I don't get group wiped out... you get the idea

I'm sure I will never ever be able to ever win a PvP. Even if I'm 4 levels higher. So i'm thinking to try to specialize in running and escaping. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Does Feign Death works on Red against players? ;-) Probably not. Would Druid be a good choice for me? Root the attacker and zone out...

Seriously, I don't ever plan to attack anyone and I will try to escape 100% PvP's if possible. I will try to make an career out of running and escaping. What do you suggest, besides don't create a toon on red? ;-)

p.s.
who is the biggest bad ass I need to make a friend with on red? lol
Last edited by pivo; 11-19-2020 at 10:01 PM..
Old 11-19-2020, 09:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuanImproved [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The most populated guild is called <Sanctuary> and are generally ignored for PvP purposes.
Ahh, if I understand correctly, if you are in <Sanctuary> you are less likely being attacked, because of the size of the guild and potential revenge?

Cool, do they accept lvl 1 players? ;-)
Last edited by pivo; 11-19-2020 at 10:02 PM..
Old 11-19-2020, 10:11 PM
Sarnak

I'm seriously considering playing on Red, but my play style would be different than any other player. I'm thinking to make a carer in running and escaping PvP's. If I manage to escape an attack, I will count it as a win for me. If I fail to escape and I get killed I will count it as my loss. I will track my score. It may be fun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Not everyone need to be a bad ass lol

Would Druid be best fit for my career? Or what class/race combo you all suggest?

I'm also thinking, if I gift SoW and other buffs, if I port you for free, you can't be that heartless and kill me later?!? right? Right???
Last edited by pivo; 11-19-2020 at 10:38 PM.. Reason: no reason!
Old 11-20-2020, 03:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pivo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm seriously considering playing on Red, but my play style would be different than any other player. I'm thinking to make a carer in running and escaping PvP's. If I manage to escape an attack, I will count it as a win for me. If I fail to escape and I get killed I will count it as my loss. I will track my score. It may be fun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Not everyone need to be a bad ass lol

Would Druid be best fit for my career? Or what class/race combo you all suggest?

I'm also thinking, if I gift SoW and other buffs, if I port you for free, you can't be that heartless and kill me later?!? right? Right???
If you want to get away then something that has sow and can gate leaves you two choices. Druid or shaman.

I wouldn't overthink it, just jump in and see how you like it.
Old 11-20-2020, 07:59 AM
Kobold

I only attacked one person after they ported me and they were in Sanctuary.
Old 11-20-2020, 11:51 AM
Planar Protector

spirit of cheeta is good for getting away but I kind of like shadowstep and FD more.

so sham/druid is OK, but they can be replaced by stacks and stacks of sow pots

that leaves monk, sk, necro, wizard

necro's can be pretty slippery, monks are even more so in dungeons because they are tough, wizards are pretty slippery because they can stun u and gate

monk and SK don't have gate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

wizard with ports means u can meditate somewhere other than your bind point, same goes for druids

druids can help other players which is nice

---bards and enchanters--- can sometimes be slippery but mez can be countered to easily by good players, and the selos is awesome but useless if your cornered, bards can't fd in dungeons
Last edited by magnetaress; 11-20-2020 at 11:54 AM..
Old 11-20-2020, 11:52 AM
Sarnak

You should go druid/enchanter. Cleric/enchanter is good if you are going to be hardcore but druid/enchanter is probably better for casual duo. You can track your mobs outdoor, port, snare charmed mobs, sow.... it will just be a more fun duo to casually go through content from 1-60.
Closed Thread