Yes, but I do not care 26 15.66%
No, but I do not care 29 17.47%
Complaint box about no 9/11 option 32 19.28%
Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2020, 01:40 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
3. With velious, don't tell people, but when the sleeper gets awakened, every single character involved with the awakening is deleted permanently and all of their possessions are given to other players by lottery by class, including no drop items. Sleeper is then returned to unawakened state along with the rest of velious.
Seems like a solid idea except I think it should be if ANY raid mob gets FTE'd and doesn't die once its aggro list is cleared every character on the list is deleted.

This would make raiding a challenge again.
Old 11-24-2020, 01:41 PM
Planar Protector

Overall timeline:

1. Green Ends, merges to Blue (No earlier than January 2023) this is an official statement from Nilbog
2. Red 2.0 Launches, TBD ruleset. It may have a shorter timeline for example never going to velious, or even being vanilla only, or even being a "seasons" style server like Live discord server.
3. After red 2.0 concludes, approx 2026 or so, the non PVP casual progression server comes out.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-24-2020, 01:45 PM
Planar Protector

Azxten that is a cool aggressive high risk raid scenario I think it might be pretty tough. Can you imagine the petitionquest when some guild wipes? Yikes. Lives at stake. My surprise banning of the slimeballs that awaken sleeper is a legit strategy totally easy to do. It also cleans house of slimeballs that wanted to nerf the rest of the server.

Also, it could just be made impossible to have the post-sleeper event changes take place so server continues to be normal for everyone else.

I think a casual progression server for (MOST PEOPLE) would much better replicate the 1999 experience, which was an exploration experience and not a mega rush rat race experience bumrushing to speciality legacy items. Like for me in 2020, the entire vanilla experience is about manastone getting, and guise getting. That is not what 1999 was like for me. in 1999 I was interested in a stylish combination of bronze and ringmail armor on my weak ass high wisdom woodelf rallos zek worshipping warrior that wouldn't keep him too close to weight limit.

In 2020 yeah its all manastone baby.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-24-2020, 01:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
3. With velious, don't tell people, but when the sleeper gets awakened, every single character involved with the awakening is deleted permanently and all of their possessions are given to other players by lottery by class, including no drop items.
would almost certainly result in real life violence
Old 11-24-2020, 01:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
1. Green Ends, merges to Blue (No earlier than January 2023) this is an official statement from Nilbog
I won't say it won't happen, but A) Nilbog's word isn't what it once was, and B) the staff explicitly said they were going to wait and see on the Green merge, because of the community pushback.

My suspicion is that they're keeping their plans exactly the same, and just waiting for that furor about the merge to die down during the couple years between now and then ... but until that time comes we won't know for sure.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-24-2020, 02:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My suspicion is that they're keeping their plans exactly the same, and just waiting for that furor about the merge to die down during the couple years between now and then ... but until that time comes we won't know for sure.
Odds are they'll do what's easiest for them in the long run, so the potential for a merge depends, I think, largely on the difficulty of merging the databases. They clearly don't have the time/interest they once had (who can blame 'em after some ~12 years of hobbyist dev work). Look at the quest experience change on Green--it wasn't the only solution to the problem, nor the best, but it was certainly the easiest.

Danth
Old 11-24-2020, 02:05 PM
Banned

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can we all just accept that Rogean and Nilbog no longer care
Old 11-24-2020, 02:13 PM
Fire Giant

I'm convinced "that lull" is the fact that everybody forgot what it's like to get to level 60 without Chardok AOE or an abundance of cheap powerful gear for melee classes (or never got to level 60 without a powerlevel at all)

Also, so many people rolled a pet class on Green because its a cheez fest to 60 while there were no rogues or warriors pretty much at all for a very long time. Pet classes are still OP but it most certainly isn't a cheez fest to 60 in Kunark.

Playing Kunark zones and getting new gear and levels is actually a ton of fun. It, however, takes a long time and a lot of grinding. The game was designed to be a grind. If you want to get gear upgrades you need to spawn nameds and not die until they drop something good.

This is really disappointing to the current WoW base that plays P99. Many of the real "EQ nerds" that played P99 in years past are not here. Its a totally different player base and attitude now.

There are a lot of things people like about MMOs. They like forums. They like posting on UN discord. They like being "important." They like being in a guild. They like voice chatting in Discord. They like being in a big guild and being "the best" and getting "the best" drops.

You can find this fulfillment in P99 without -actually- liking classic EQ. There are many veteran players from Blue who simply "don't have it in them" to do the grind again for xyz reason. Many serious EQ nerds have moved on from P99. There's a whole new flock of people who want to turn a PvE MMO into an esport which is ludicrous, comical, and sad.

The core issue with the "lack of nostalgic feels" or any type of "lull" one may feel is - - - - - - most people on P99 don't actually like classic EQ.

<The A-Team>
Old 11-24-2020, 02:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuljin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The core issue with the "lack of nostalgic feels" or any type of "lull" one may feel is - - - - - - most people on P99 don't actually like classic EQ.
I've said it before, but a player who feels like he's "grinding" probably doesn't enjoy the game. It's only a grind if the player isn't having fun--otherwise it's just playing the game. As a rule of thumb 1-50 and 51-60 should take roughly similar lengths of time.

Danth
Old 11-24-2020, 02:47 PM
Planar Protector

We need to keep this thread on the front page until Velious.
Closed Thread