Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Will Trump Leave On His own?
Yes 41 36.28%
No 72 63.72%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2020, 12:42 PM
Fire Giant

im human and im not evil. stop lying.
Old 11-25-2020, 12:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woke Locc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Charging interest in any form is usury in my peabrain.

e: what happened was I saw islamic banks don't give/charge interest so I was like no that's dumb.
Maybe that's why most of their countries are dumps? JK

I think of usury as like Indian Loans...Pay Day Loans etc...predator loans.
Old 11-25-2020, 01:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatherSioux [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe that's why most of their countries are dumps? JK

I think of usury as like Indian Loans...Pay Day Loans etc...predator loans.
I think it changed to that after the protestant rebellion, yeah.

You can thank martin luther for our damned prosperity.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-25-2020, 01:09 PM
Banned

How did columbus discover america when there were already people here?
Old 11-25-2020, 01:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
True, if only Christians acted in a way that aligned with their own book.

“For whoever exalts himself will be humbled by God, and the one who humbles himself will be exalted by God.” Matthew 23:12

"Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God."" Matthew 19:24

One of Jesus' last acts before the shitstorm rained down on him was to expel the money-changers and merchants from the Jewish temple because he and his disciples felt their commerce and usury were antithetical to piety. In fact this is a core message of Christianity, and why that type of usury was outlawed (even if, at times, only in law, not in practice) throughout the Christian world for the next 1.5 thousand years. Jesus loved the poor. American conservatives hate the poor.

So you can imagine how it looks to an outsider when you have modern Christians who read Ayn Rand and subscribe to capitalism in its most wicked form. Note, there is nothing inherently wrong with capitalism as long as it is underlaid by certain values. Modern American capitalism resembles Chinese capitalism nowadays more than the Protestant ethic.
Most people, Christian and non-Christian/atheist, alike, misinterpret the bible, so I'll give you some leeway and explicate here.

Christ chastised the pharisees, and saducees sects because they had transfigured judaism to a system of rote legalism and materialism; ultimately removing God from the equation and positing themselves and the egotistical nature of man in it's stead.

There's plenty of examples of Christ, and by extension his immediate disciples, confronting and dilineating that God's qualm with humanity is Ego. The pride comes before the fall as they say.

That is not to say that Christ took issue with usury specifically. The parable of the talents is a direct mandate for christians to invest and utilize compounding growth (which existed in banks even back then) to increase ones wealth.

A "talent" was essentially the average adult male's weight in silver (70-80kg) in roman times.

After the master leaves his slaves with their "talents", upon his return he praises the two slaves who grew the investment, while chastising the slave who buried his talent and only had the original capital to show for it, stating he could've simply depositted it in the bank and earned interest, then he takes the talent from that slave and gives it to the slave who gained the most profit of the other two, where Jesus then states that from those who have nothing, more will be taken, and to those who have most more will be given.

This concept that Christ was against usury entirely, cannot be substantiated by scripture.

This was a post-hoc addition by the amalgamation of the roman state and the burgeoning catholic church, as well as how this incorporated/conflicted the Jewish segment of the roman commonwealth. That is, the roman empire had a great number of special exceptions, specifically to the advantage of the Jewish people's; who it was fiscally indebted to during the rise of Christianity.

Hope this helps.
Last edited by Gwaihir; 11-25-2020 at 01:17 PM..
Old 11-25-2020, 01:17 PM
Banned

Didnt read, bible is just a big story and there is no god, earth was populated by other beings and we were brought here like a 24h live tv show for them and they probably watched our election eating ramen and chicken nuggets loling.

I bet we are amazing entertainment.
Old 11-25-2020, 01:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatherSioux [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Columbus is a god damn hero, deeply flawed human(shocking). Anyone who discredits what he did is a simpleton.
Call me a simpleton if you like, but I don't give special credit for that man for being an ignorant, arrogant, greedy fool who was dead wrong about practically everything he claimed and simply ran into an unexpected landmass, and especially not when the man himself was too proud to ever readily admit it. He was no visionary, just a lucky idiot. The colonization of the Americas certainly happened as a result of him, but in spite of his own purpose. History is funny like that sometimes. Fools and accidents have their impacts just as surely as brilliant minds and deliberate acts. Highlighting such people as they really were is therefore an important aspect of appreciating the often random nature of history more generally.

Danth
Old 11-25-2020, 01:38 PM
Fire Giant

In only one hour how that mighty city has fallen!
Old 11-25-2020, 02:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Call me a simpleton if you like, but I don't give special credit for that man for being an ignorant, arrogant, greedy fool who was dead wrong about practically everything he claimed and simply ran into an unexpected landmass, and especially not when the man himself was too proud to ever readily admit it. He was no visionary, just a lucky idiot. The colonization of the Americas certainly happened as a result of him, but in spite of his own purpose. History is funny like that sometimes. Fools and accidents have their impacts just as surely as brilliant minds and deliberate acts. Highlighting such people as they really were is therefore an important aspect of appreciating the often random nature of history more generally.

Danth
Ignorant for his times or ignorant based on todays standards? If you believe he was an idiot I think you're selling him short. He was an adventurer who loved the thrill of exploration. This trait is not common, Columbus is similar to people who volunteered to go into space, they are trailblazers. These people routinely shape and define the future. Columbus gets a bad rap if you judge him based on how you think people should of acted in a time you cannot relate to.
Old 11-25-2020, 02:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Ignorant for his times or ignorant based on todays standards? If you believe he was an idiot I think you're selling him short. He was an adventurer who loved the thrill of exploration. This trait is not common, Columbus is similar to people who volunteered to go into space, they are trailblazers. These people routinely shape and define the future. Columbus gets a bad rap if you judge him based on how you think people should of acted in a time you cannot relate to.

He's right. Columbus killed no natives and enslaved no Africans. It's (alot/most of) the ("Protestant/Catholic") son a bitches that came over after him, that's why he gets the bad rap.

That Pilgrim Mayflower bullshit never occurred - tomorrow is a lie.
Another lie they love is In God We Trust - they don't even fucking know God. They know MONEY THOUGH.
Meet the Fire of the Holy Ghost.
Last edited by BarnabusCollins; 11-25-2020 at 02:09 PM..
Closed Thread