Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2015, 01:54 PM
Aviak

Default New Iksar Shammy tips (asking for)

heya everyone!!!

I just started on blue with a few friends. We played EQ for like 5 years after launch. I can't explain how excited I am to be playing my fav expansions over again and people are not allowed to box [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Anywho I have a few questions...

I created an Iksar Shammy for my char. Currently I'l rocking some rhino hide gear and farming FOB for spider silk to sell for gear. The info for gear on the wiki includes lots of gear iksar can't use. I was wonder what set Iksar use instead of JBB and also what gear I should be looking for as I am saving money. I'd like to not waste my slowly earned PP on a piece of gear thats only going to last a few levels.

Thanks for the help! I'm excited to be a part of this community! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-18-2015, 04:10 PM
Planar Protector

For an armor set, hang out in KC and ask in /ooc for any rotting Jarsath Scale pieces. I got most of a whole set in about 2 hours. Don't spam /ooc of course.

First purchase should be a set of 5ac/55hp rings, best bang for your buck and will last you till raid stuff.

Weapons, a beetle stinger and goblin parrying spear are both on the the cheap and both have +wis.
Old 05-18-2015, 04:12 PM
Planar Protector

Also if you're going to be trying the old slow+melee combo once you have about 1k saved up try and get a Poison Wind Censer.
Old 05-18-2015, 05:05 PM
Aviak

Is buying a full set of Banded and doing the "http://wiki.project1999.com/Scaled_Mystic_Armor_Quests" questline a good idea? The armor seems better and I can start in mid 20's. But thats a lot more than 2 hours of work vs asking for drops in KC.
Old 05-18-2015, 05:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by byron2286 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is buying a full set of Banded and doing the "http://wiki.project1999.com/Scaled_Mystic_Armor_Quests" questline a good idea? The armor seems better and I can start in mid 20's. But thats a lot more than 2 hours of work vs asking for drops in KC.
of course you can try and do those quests and anyone here would definitely encourage you to do so.

those pieces in KC rot anyway and folks are used to lowbies chilling at the zone in or LCY/Hand.
Old 05-18-2015, 05:35 PM
Aviak

Thanks for the help
Closed Thread