Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 09:26 PM
Aviak

Default Iksar Shaman Solo Question

Heya everyone!

Just hit 19 on my shaman! woot woot.

I was wondering if I should save up cash for a Poison Wind Censor (at like 500pp so far) and slow/melee to solo? Or should I stick to spear/shield and root rot?

Just wondering what you all think would be a better way to solo 20-50 ??

Thanks for the advice! Also if anyone has a PWS for sale I can sell my mace/shield/ranged and prob have 1k for it!!

TY
Old 05-26-2015, 09:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by byron2286 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Heya everyone!

Just hit 19 on my shaman! woot woot.

I was wondering if I should save up cash for a Poison Wind Censor (at like 500pp so far) and slow/melee to solo? Or should I stick to spear/shield and root rot?

Just wondering what you all think would be a better way to solo 20-50 ??

Thanks for the advice! Also if anyone has a PWS for sale I can sell my mace/shield/ranged and prob have 1k for it!!

TY
Popular opinion is melee+slow as shaman dots, while efficient damage per mana, are rather heavy on the mana cost.

It all depends on gear, melee+slow is great when you have a fungi/haste/gfg or pwc but for the rare non twink its rough. Sham is rough either way until you get dog, even then its still rough for a while.
Old 05-30-2015, 08:02 AM
Sarnak

If you haven't bought your PWC yet, I'd hold off. Slow-tanking works best for a well-twinked shaman, but without fungi and haste, you can do better for cheap. Get a runewood greatstaff for practically nothing. Pull with a poison dot or nuke, turn on attack right as the mob reaches you, after first swing cast root, back out of range after root lands and second melee attack, and sit down a couple of feet away. Wait until you see your health/mana regen tick (for full value, since you're sitting), then move forward, hit mob once, then move back and sit down again.

This effectively resets both your delay and mob delay to 60. Since mob delay was normally 30 and yours was normally 40, the mob suffers a 50% dps decrease while you only suffer a 33% decrease compared to continuous fighting. Root is a lot cheaper to cast than slow, and since you'll be hitting every med tick you can toss out more nukes/heals than if you were continuously fighting.