Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Guild Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2017, 09:07 PM
Sarnak

Default Casual raid guilds?

I'm getting to the point where I'd like to join a guild. I read that post up top, but it's really spotty and I noticed there are some guilds I've seen around that are unlisted.

But basically, I'm looking for a (US timezone) guild that raids capably but casually. I can definitely put in some hours, but sleeps just more important in this phase of life [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] .

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 05-01-2017, 09:53 PM
Sarnak

The Second Sons is a casual raid guild. We have no attendance requirements and raid mostly for fun and to further our selves collectively as a guild. We also often have multiple groups crawling for XP. We have set raids for Thur/Sun night and do pick up targets for epics/loot between. We are mostly PM US timezone active. Let me know if you have any questions.
Khaall Drogo
Old 05-02-2017, 07:25 PM
Planar Protector

Casual is a fairly loose term.

Some people think casual as in a guild that only has scheduled raids. Most casual guilds on p99 have scheduled raids but also have what we call a "batphone" system. Competition being as heavy as it is on P99 most casual guilds are more hardcore than most hardcore live guilds back in the day. Most raid mobs get killed fairly quickly after they spawn, so if your guild doesn't have a batphone you don't have an opportunity to kill it. Just to help your expectations a little.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 05-02-2017, 07:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuklak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I read that post up top, but it's really spotty and I noticed there are some guilds I've seen around that are unlisted.
As others have said "casual" means different things to different people (eg. Awakend, a top tier guild, says "Casual members are more than welcome" in their recruitment thread). And, as you noted, the wiki page has been a bit neglected ... sorry that's my fault: I took a break from the game and no one else took my place as "wiki guild page editor", so it rotted a bit.

But with that said, that page is actually still somewhat accurate, and it's your best bet (as far as I know at least) for seeing an overview of all the guilds on the server. Furthermore it groups them by how "hardcore" they are about raiding, and I think your idea of "casual" best matches the middle group:
http://wiki.project1999.com/Guilds:G...al_Raid_Guilds

True some of those guilds are gone, but it's easy to check: if they have a guild thread in this forum with a post in the last month or so, they're active, otherwise they're not. So again, sorry for the wiki, but your options are basically to look through that list, see what interests you, and check the ones that interest you to confirm they're still active ... or you can wade through every recent guild thread trying to sort them all out.

Oh, and if you're feeling particularly magnanimous and you know how to edit a wiki (it's not hard, but the table makes it slightly tricky) it would be awesome if you'd delete the rows for any guilds you find who don't exist anymore. If you don't though I'll get around to cleaning that page up one of these days ...

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 05-02-2017 at 07:52 PM..
Old 06-08-2017, 05:57 PM
Kobold

The Blackheart Pirates are recruiting. We are a casual guild that raids with the Hydra Alliance. See me in game if you are interested in learning more.

Tpar Darkstar
a/k/a Aceart Earthbender
Blackheart Pirates - Project 1999
Commanding
------------------------------------------
Tpar - 60 Cleric
Aceart - 58 Druid
Darusk - 60 Necromancer
Old 06-08-2017, 08:49 PM
Sarnak

Aftermath has a 10% raid attendance requirement to bid on loot. I'd consider that fairly casual. Meeting 10% does not require playing outside of normal after-work play hours nor does it require skipping on sleep.
Closed Thread