Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Do you consume nicotine?
yes, a low-harm way 2 13.33%
yes, i incinerate plant matter and inhale the decay and entropy into my precious body 4 26.67%
no 9 60.00%
George W. Bush smoked 2 fat stogies on 9/11 8 53.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2020, 03:55 AM
Banned

Default Nicotine PSA

Gusy, even if your method of consuming nicotine is nondamaging (vaping or gum), nicotine addiction makes you into a lazy fuck. I am not sure why it is but it's not a motivating stimulant. It's almost like an extra depressant. I quit nicotine a few days ago and there's a spring in my step I'd lost, plus my sleep schedule is way more normalized. Reminds me of quitting pot where a certain c'es d'eouv'reaua is back in my brain that I'd forgotten was even gone.

Pokesan, you need to QUIT nicotine.
Last edited by imperiouskitten; 11-13-2020 at 04:00 AM..
Old 11-13-2020, 04:13 AM
Sarnak

I quit roughly a year ago. I'm still lazy but I have slightly more disposable income.
Twerp - Ogre Shaman
Numpty - Halfling Warrior
Tosser - Gnome Enchanter
Old 11-13-2020, 04:45 AM
Planar Protector

I mean compared to meth, yeah, but most of us aren't as sophisticated as you.
Last edited by Cecily; 11-13-2020 at 04:50 AM..
Old 11-13-2020, 05:00 AM
Planar Protector

https://care.diabetesjournals.org/co.../1260.full.pdf

Quote:
Significantly higher fasting glucagon concentrations characterized the smoking group. This is interesting, because hyperglucagonemia represents a classic pathophysiological phenomenon of type 2 diabetes (35,36) and is an important contributor to type 2 diabetic hyperglycemia (37). Furthermore, it has been shown that hyperglucagonemia in the fasting state may represent one of the earliest signs of the development of type 2 diabetes in obese people with otherwise normal glucose tolerance (22). Thus, the elevated concentrations of glucagon found in the smoking group, could—at least partly—contribute to the smokers’ elevated risk of the development of type 2 diabetes. The exact mechanisms behind the hyperglucagonemia in the group of smokers cannot be deduced from our study. Because chronic smoking has been shown to be associated with increased visceral fat deposits, steatosis-induced hepatic glucagon resistance and compensatory glucagon secretion from the pancreas may, hypothetically, contribute (38).
Interesting read for you nerds out there. You can really go down the rabbit hole with nicotine stuff. An important part pointed out in the article is the stress response during the nonsmoking day. Just imagine how many times that's induced due to anxiety and dependence.

Nicotine also cause a release of catecholamines giving you less than optimal blood flow. It's kind of like taking stims for preworkout. They make you feel amped, but don't actually do anything to benefit you. In fact it's quite the opposite.

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 11-13-2020, 08:24 AM
Planar Protector

I smoked cigarettes for 5 years straight before I started feeling health effects on my lungs. I'd take a shower and spit up yellow/brown/black phlegm it was around that point I made an effort to quit.

Hardest thing I've ever had to quit, I still get urges when I smell the smoke in the air. Granted I've not given up alcohol but 2 months sober as of this post, let's see how long that lasts.

Anyways Tobacco is super addicting. If you're still smoking please try to quit.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 11-13-2020, 08:41 AM
Planar Protector

Thread is a serious attempt to help someone dear to Imperiouskitten so imma behave.
Old 11-13-2020, 09:07 AM
Planar Protector

Manic? Bother someone else
Old 11-13-2020, 09:17 AM
Planar Protector

It's possible to quit nicotine inhalation and still die from all the comorbidities. Unless someone adresses why they smoke. Normally physiological. Stress. Needs --replacement and regulation-- so they don't just soak themselves in cortisol and wind up like me.
Old 11-13-2020, 10:14 AM
Banned

Used to smoke, chewed for a bit. Chew occasionally if I’m on a boys weekend type thing. Sometimes do a cigar but it’s rarely that enjoyable, just macho man stuff.
Old 11-13-2020, 11:21 AM
Sarnak

Smoked for 15 years, quit around 8 years ago best thing i ever did. Regardless of what platform you use to consume nicotine its a horrible disgusting drug that makes you feel terrible in every way.

Nicotine is horrible for the human body , even if you eat it, you will still be out of breath from it because it messes with oxygen in your blood.
Closed Thread