Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2020, 02:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is the biggest unclassic thing to me.

It’s the mentality of the player base. We’ve gone from a player base of ‘I’m going on an adventure!’ Bilbos to a bunch of Saurons intent on domination.

On live the highpass orcs and gnolls were a popular place to level. In Lake of Ill Omen you’d get teenage iksar mixing with fresh off boat young elves on the beaches and at the fort. Here it is just level 50 pet casters farming clickies.

It’s a race to the top to horde pixels which misses out on adventure.
Fun fact, the reason LOIO was so popular back in the day was that for quite a long time it mistakenly had a ZEM of 100 when the only other zones to have that were Kedge and maybe some city zones. IE, it was an outdoor zone with a 33% xp bonus, unique in EQ.

People kept going there even after it was nerfed to 75, and then much later nerfed again down to 60.

(Historical details are in my big ZEM thread in the bug forums)
Old 11-29-2020, 04:29 AM
Planar Protector

I don’t think it was a mistake, even if it was not officially sanctioned. It is the first natural meeting point for the ‘good team’ and the ‘iksar team’. It was right to incentivise players to come here both for the role play opportunities and of course to invest in the new expansion!
Old 11-29-2020, 10:50 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_PVP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are many things not classic on P99... the biggest and most glaring is the ugly Titanium UI and the ability for people to use custom UIs. Item linking; another big one. Basically any type of "Quality of life" mechanic wasn't classic.
This is true the way it's sort of selective. Even things like being able to Ctrl click and item or shift click a stack weren't added until later. Crafting was horrible to skill up!
Old 11-29-2020, 11:31 AM
Banned

i still don’t know shit and die constantly
Old 11-30-2020, 08:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_PVP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
tem linking; another big one.
You shouldn't even be able to see what group members have looted much less see it as a link.
Old 11-30-2020, 11:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fun fact, the reason LOIO was so popular back in the day was that for quite a long time it mistakenly had a ZEM of 100 when the only other zones to have that were Kedge and maybe some city zones. IE, it was an outdoor zone with a 33% xp bonus, unique in EQ.

People kept going there even after it was nerfed to 75, and then much later nerfed again down to 60.

(Historical details are in my big ZEM thread in the bug forums)
This wasn’t why it was popular though. It’s a phenomenal leveling zone with tons of content and close by FV for binding, banking, and vendoring for the good races.
Old 12-01-2020, 01:00 PM
Planar Protector

Can we get some screenshots of banks/inventories of people who hoarded EXP quest pieces but haven't gotten to use them yet?

I'd love to see these collections.
Old 12-01-2020, 02:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can we get some screenshots of banks/inventories of people who hoarded EXP quest pieces but haven't gotten to use them yet?

I'd love to see these collections.
It's really just Castle 2.0 with his million Gnoll scrolls on alts
Old 12-01-2020, 02:56 PM
Sarnak

I'm just glad we don't have the luclin player models!
Old 12-01-2020, 06:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's really just Castle 2.0 with his million Gnoll scrolls on alts
Only gnoll scrolls? Only me?

Sorry pal, you don't have the full story. You must only watch Elf News Network. Freaking pro-wood elf propaganda BS rotting your brain and denying you the full story [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread