Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 11:06 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinni800 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dude. Stop bashing Microsoft. Don't you see the gridlines start with the VNC Window INSIDE Remote Desktop?

Oh of course, it HAS to be Microsoft, LOL.

It does look like that, but it is not VNC. The gridlines show up when I put RD into windowed mode, if VNC is running or not. Still H8 M$!!!!11
Old 01-28-2010, 12:21 PM
Planar Protector

then dont use MS if you hate it .. go play your games on mac ...
Old 01-28-2010, 04:31 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sponge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It does look like that, but it is not VNC. The gridlines show up when I put RD into windowed mode, if VNC is running or not. Still H8 M$!!!!11
You have an outdated RDP client. You are seeing the update grid the new term services uses to update the client.
Old 01-28-2010, 05:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sponge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
, I'm just trying to go about this in a way that if I ever got caught, I'd only get a slap on the wrist, not lose my job.
well if you are afraid of losing your job i def would not attempt to play at work, however if you want to risk it Team Viewer is always a great idea its free and the connection is encrypted. and goes around all types of firewalls.
Falisaty Shagswell mage of 10 winters
"O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade that, with it, thou mayest blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." Armaments 2:9
Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmakos View Post
my dick would look huge in her hand
Old 01-29-2010, 12:02 AM
Decaying Skeleton

What is the performance like on any of these setups?

I play from two locations. One location has by gaming computer -- it has no issues with eq. The other location is a netbook. I can play EQ on it, but have to turn a lot of the settings off and turn the resolution WAY down.

Question is, if I connect to my gaming PC from the netbook to play, would I be taking advantage of the "stronger" machine? Or would I still be at a disadvantage because it's a netbook?

Thanks!
Old 01-29-2010, 12:07 AM
Planar Protector

no advantage realy no .. since with RDP its still rendered localy ... with VNC you have a higher latency ... both are prolly not playable in a group enviorment
Old 01-29-2010, 01:01 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm sure if the software developers had the same type of access to the operating system's internal functions they could make something as good as RDP, but thats just the advantage of something being integrated into Windows, they can make any changes they need to inside the OS itself and be the only program hooking into them.
Thats called PC by IP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-29-2010, 01:44 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is the performance like on any of these setups?
You mean EQ through a remote desktop client? Terrible. 1 fps if you're lucky. It could only be used to like.. buff people.. teleport.. tradeskill. Anything that requires movement would be very difficult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uaellaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
then dont use MS if you hate it .. go play your games on mac ...
Just because I hate Microsoft it doesn't mean that I shouldn't use it. It's just like getting an old cheeseburger from McDonalds. It makes me complain openly about them, hate them even more, but it is food, that is cheap, and I'm hungry.

Also about the gridlines, I know that I need to update the client to get rid of them. That's impossible for me to do. Why? I'd have to ERD the computer to get admin rights, then install a non approved update which would throw up red flags to the software team when they realize I have an incorrect version of remote desktop, that probably would have to be patched with further hot fixes. They would then explore how I even got that update, etc, and of course revert it. I'd have to clean my tracks, event viewer, whatever else there is.
Closed Thread