Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2020, 08:46 PM
Kobold

Default Budget sk twink

Im only looking to spend a few k pp on a de sk twink. I already have full sentient armor. what do you guys think would be the most cost effective gear? Im leaning towards silver chitin hand wraps and maybe a decent wep. Ill be mostly soloing.
This isn't rocket science people: if your name clearly means something non-Everquest-related when most people see it, it doesn't belong. If your name is the same as something obscure that most people have never heard of, it's fine.:
Old 10-09-2020, 04:43 AM
Sarnak

Axe of lost souls is mint. Cheap. And looks boss.

If you can afford it prenerf cos can't be understated how much of a game changer it is. I'm saving everything for it now that I've got crusty that'll keep me till no drops
Old 10-09-2020, 07:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciksharn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Im only looking to spend a few k pp on a de sk twink. I already have full sentient armor. what do you guys think would be the most cost effective gear? Im leaning towards silver chitin hand wraps and maybe a decent wep. Ill be mostly soloing.

Try to get a sword of pain in velks. Great stats and looks cool. Otherwise schw and whatever cheap hp stuff you can find
Old 11-28-2020, 02:22 AM
Planar Protector

Ebon Mace is great weapon or Noct blade. Can ride those until 50.
Old 11-28-2020, 06:14 PM
Planar Protector

Ebon Mace, Silver Chitin Hand Wraps, and Sarnak Battle Shield are probably the cheapest combo you can get, 2k for Mace, ~1k for Gloves, ~1k for shield. That will easily get you all the way to 50 and beyond if you want. Just make sure to buy some super cheap weapons to practice all of your weapon skills. Ebon mace has 1hb covered, so you need a cheap 1hs, 2hs, 2hb, and piercing weapon.
Old 11-28-2020, 07:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just make sure to buy some super cheap weapons to practice all of your weapon skills.
What for? Might never even use some of those skills (I've never leveled 2HB for example), and even if you decide to use one it only takes a few hours hitting blues someplace to level a skill decently. There's no need to carry around a half dozen different weapons and continually swap out to weapons inferior to what you'd like to be using fulltime. Can if you really want to, but it's not necessary by any means. With twink characters, especially, it's quite common that the character levels up and the player grows bored of it without ever replacing the initial set of equipment.

Depending on budget, deathbringer rod is 30/40 for maybe 100-200P. Some of those generic high-level Velious 2-handers have good ratios and can be had for sometimes 1K or less, like carved dragonbone spear. Might be able to find a clay guardian shield for 500P less than a sarnak shield. Stuff of that quality can carry a player well into the 50's, even to 60 if desired. Heck my own Shadow Knight used a noctivagant blade for several years even at 60. Ratio/haste are king if you're mostly going to solo.

Danth
Last edited by Danth; 11-28-2020 at 07:37 PM..
Old 11-28-2020, 08:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What for? Might never even use some of those skills (I've never leveled 2HB for example), and even if you decide to use one it only takes a few hours hitting blues someplace to level a skill decently. There's no need to carry around a half dozen different weapons and continually swap out to weapons inferior to what you'd like to be using fulltime. Can if you really want to, but it's not necessary by any means. With twink characters, especially, it's quite common that the character levels up and the player grows bored of it without ever replacing the initial set of equipment.

Depending on budget, deathbringer rod is 30/40 for maybe 100-200P. Some of those generic high-level Velious 2-handers have good ratios and can be had for sometimes 1K or less, like carved dragonbone spear. Might be able to find a clay guardian shield for 500P less than a sarnak shield. Stuff of that quality can carry a player well into the 50's, even to 60 if desired. Heck my own Shadow Knight used a noctivagant blade for several years even at 60. Ratio/haste are king if you're mostly going to solo.

Danth
You can't skill up on green mobs, so I always prefer to skill up weapons after every level. It is harder to skill up when you are higher level and need to swap to a weapon that never hits because your weapon skill is low. Carrying around 5 or 6 weapons really isn't a big deal most of the time, unless he is rolling a very low STR toon.

SK's get at least one good weapon in all weapon skills, so you might as well skill up while you level in case you want one later. Narandi's lance is pretty good, not too expensive, and piercing. You got Herbalists Spade for 2hb, it is also pretty cheap, good ratio, and root if you want it. Obviously 1h and 2h Slashing have a ton of options, so no reason not to level up there.
Old 11-29-2020, 01:27 AM
Planar Protector

With a set of sentient an Ebon Mace and any shield. Or maybe a 2h for the same plat. A nerfed CoS is 200p and frees a gem slot.
Old 11-29-2020, 04:41 AM
Planar Protector

Crustacean armor is cheap and great past 40 before grtting quest armor, sk makes good use of the sta eith the levels.
For haste definitely schw, nothing beat that in value the next more expensive and last stop before raid gear is seahorse
Nerfed cos also let you invis before you actually get the spell..
Old 11-29-2020, 06:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can't skill up on green mobs, so I always prefer to skill up weapons after every level. It is harder to skill up when you are higher level and need to swap to a weapon that never hits because your weapon skill is low. Carrying around 5 or 6 weapons really isn't a big deal most of the time, unless he is rolling a very low STR toon.

SK's get at least one good weapon in all weapon skills, so you might as well skill up while you level in case you want one later. Narandi's lance is pretty good, not too expensive, and piercing. You got Herbalists Spade for 2hb, it is also pretty cheap, good ratio, and root if you want it. Obviously 1h and 2h Slashing have a ton of options, so no reason not to level up there.
i used to think like you, but now i favor the bag space and for FS trash and ramp up my money. you can train your weapon skill when you need it, or at 40+ when there is only this left to do.

without the 5-6 weapons you have much more space and weight available to loot and make money.

i say this as a 186 STR barb warrior fighting in uguk at lvl 35.