Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2020, 12:39 PM
Fire Giant

Until all the de-leveled toons camped in early leveling spots are deleted or server is wiped nahh dog
Old 11-23-2020, 01:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Until all the de-leveled toons camped in early leveling spots are deleted or server is wiped nahh dog
Did not have a single issue with this in my first week. I have had a couple of pvp encounters but both times now the other player was wearing low level equipment. Mind you it was slightly better than my raw hide armor and starting weapon lol but it was not like your saying. I know this was a thing a while back but I'm not thinking people do it much anymore.
Old 11-25-2020, 12:53 PM
Fire Giant

Red is fun, log in and try for yourselves. Don't be a sheep. It either fits your playstyle or it doesn't.. But make the decision for yourself, not cause some drugged out dude who hasn't logged in for 10 years is telling you otherwise.

This is the best i can explain it as a blue player my entire career. I met all my goals on blue i set out to complete.
-I got a toon to 60
-i finished an epic.
-Made a few alts to twink but ultimately dont have the drive to hit 60 again.

I tried green, got a cleric to 40 but ultimately couldn't finish the journey. I have a specific time frame to where i can login, which is prime time. And i never could accomplish anything.

Only option left- Try red. And i'm glad i did.. It doesn't work for everybody and i get that.. But for those in a similar situation as me, red is the answer. I treat it as my own personal green server with a "cant trust anybody" state of mind.. And it's great.. I login, and i camp what i want to camp. I'm only online for an hour or 2 anyways, so it's perfect.

The global /ooc is awesome. The lower pop really lets you learn who everybody is. Who to trust, who you can take a port from, who you shouldn't. Feels good to log in and drop a /ooc morning folks, and a buncha people you recognize respond back!

Again- red isn't for everybody. But its worth trying. Its worth finding out for yourselves. You can't just sit here and listen to forum people run their mouths.
Old 11-25-2020, 01:10 PM
Banned

Dude all the people who de level twink griefed are long gone because there arent enough piggies to go to market ( not enough fun in popular zones )

Stop giving excuses, you level 20x faster on red its so much more fun

And when your max level you get to look for ways to grief tune
Old 11-25-2020, 01:25 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dude all the people who de level twink griefed are long gone because there arent enough piggies to go to market ( not enough fun in popular zones )

Stop giving excuses, you level 20x faster on red its so much more fun

And when your max level you get to look for ways to grief tune
Seriously. This isn't happening. Join red for PVE, join red for PVP. Play how you want to play, join the proper guild that caters to your playstyle. No matter what server you play on, or what game you play, there are gonna be some douches along the way. You can't avoid that, but the forums is an awful representation on what's actually happening on here.
Old 11-26-2020, 12:50 PM
Sarnak

Red was only ever just a very sad an sorry attempt at replicating classic Ultima Online. That was the greatest MMO unitl they introduced trammel. I never would have left to play Everquest if that never happened. If you don't know what a tank mage is, you have never played a real MMO.
The least they can do is offer the blue transfer after they ninja merged Teal with Green. That would be a reasonable request. I think everyone can agree that was a major fking over of everyone on these servers. To merge the servers with like 2 hours notice, when it had only been communicated the servers would merge when Kunark hit. Merging 3-4 months early with no notice.
Last edited by NPC; 11-26-2020 at 12:55 PM..
Old 11-26-2020, 03:38 PM
Planar Protector

Or just roll Blue.
Old 11-26-2020, 07:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPC [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Red was only ever just a very sad an sorry attempt at replicating classic Ultima Online. That was the greatest MMO unitl they introduced trammel.
I agree classic UO was great. We will never see its like again. Red was never anything like classic UO though, nor do I think that was ever their goal.

Elendil's Giveaway
Old 11-27-2020, 03:17 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes because teal was magical and different. On teal, when kunark would have launched, one elf would come up to another and say "Excuse me sir, but are you intending to kill this mob? If you are, I shant bother you."

It's everquest, people are dicks, there's a pnp and if somebody violates it petition them. I'm pretty god damn casual, *almost* 52, and I love this server.
Teal actually was like that in the very beginning. As more people moved over it became atrocious and certain guilds made areas unplayable.
Old 11-29-2020, 08:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_PVP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree classic UO was great. We will never see its like again. Red was never anything like classic UO though, nor do I think that was ever their goal.
There was a player run UO shard years ago, IPY. That was actually very close to classic UO, me an my crew went there an tore it up for couple years. Most fun I had since real UO. But much like this server they started making unclassic changes an ran everyone away. This server is unfortunately feeling very much like that experience.
Closed Thread