Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2017, 01:06 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Hello everyone! Need some tips!

Hi everyone, I'm a returning player that decided to check out Project 1999 after watching some videos of it online. I'm rolling as a iksar monk, and my sister will be joining me as an iksar shaman once my IP exemption request is approved, and we're looking for some pointers and tips if anyone would be kind to share!
Old 07-09-2017, 08:46 AM
Large Bat

Random jumble of tips

Create hot keys for sense heading and forage. Bind them to your W button. Spend 1 point in sense heading so it levels up. Don't buy food or carry any. Your forage will keep you full.

Do the starter quest for robe and monk quest for bracer. Delete the priest of discord it as it turns you red.

Level off yard trash in FoB until 4 and have the shaman loot all. Your purpose is to get enough money to buy 8 backpacks. Your shaman can cast root for adds and Inner Fire for heals. No other spells are necessary. Prioritize skeletons and spiders once you can fight in the pit. Loot silk and bones. Have the monk practice mend on cooldown and carry bandages for bind wound. Sell silk and bones in chat and try to buy trance sticks. If you can buy WQS as well, have the shaman hold it for you and level up your skill each time you level.

At 12 head to Kurns. Make sure you don't go over weight on the monk. The only thing the shaman needs to do is root adds, heal with inner fire and med. Buy Spirit of Wolf at 9, Root at 14, and Healing at 19. At 24 you actually start being a shaman. Buy regen and canni spells. At 29 buy the haste spell. Seriously, no other spells are worth casting until then.

Don't group. Just duo. Your next goal is to buy a haste item for the monk. I suggest the gloves. Search P99 haste and see what you can afford. At 29 start slowing and at 34 start using a wolf pet. Keep haste and regen on monk, keep haste on pet,keep regen on shaman. Slow and root if aggro is a problem. If you have excess mana str buff is ok and Tali line is useful. Canni dance as shaman.

I can't stress enough how important haste is for dps and how good slow is for survival. Your pet does good dps but is weak. Don't let it die as it costs a ton of mana.

Dots are a waste of mana in a duo with monk. You two can take on any camp so find one worth xp and pp and work it.

Your kick wont damage enemies that need magic items to attack unless you are wearing magic boots so buy some Wu boots early on.
Last edited by Bhopal; 07-09-2017 at 08:50 AM..
Old 07-09-2017, 09:05 AM
Planar Protector

Not great weight, but atleast you'll have magic paws and available locally! http://wiki.project1999.com/Polished_Stone_Anklet
Old 07-09-2017, 09:52 AM
Orc

based on your post alone, my tip would be...if a GM shows up one day to put you through a 2boxing test, make sure that one of you doesn't spontaneously go linkdead...
Old 07-09-2017, 11:25 AM
Kobold

Kill all the skeletons. They drop coin, cloth, rusty weps and bags. Bone chips will make you early plat easily. My troll, Spithridates is parked in FoB for leveling. Send him a tell and I'll give you a pair of Splitpaw Hide Gloves, magic hands for the monk or starter WIS for the shaman.
Old 07-09-2017, 10:32 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhopal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Random jumble of tips

Create hot keys for sense heading and forage. Bind them to your W button. Spend 1 point in sense heading so it levels up. Don't buy food or carry any. Your forage will keep you full.

Do the starter quest for robe and monk quest for bracer. Delete the priest of discord it as it turns you red.

Level off yard trash in FoB until 4 and have the shaman loot all. Your purpose is to get enough money to buy 8 backpacks. Your shaman can cast root for adds and Inner Fire for heals. No other spells are necessary. Prioritize skeletons and spiders once you can fight in the pit. Loot silk and bones. Have the monk practice mend on cooldown and carry bandages for bind wound. Sell silk and bones in chat and try to buy trance sticks. If you can buy WQS as well, have the shaman hold it for you and level up your skill each time you level.

At 12 head to Kurns. Make sure you don't go over weight on the monk. The only thing the shaman needs to do is root adds, heal with inner fire and med. Buy Spirit of Wolf at 9, Root at 14, and Healing at 19. At 24 you actually start being a shaman. Buy regen and canni spells. At 29 buy the haste spell. Seriously, no other spells are worth casting until then.

Don't group. Just duo. Your next goal is to buy a haste item for the monk. I suggest the gloves. Search P99 haste and see what you can afford. At 29 start slowing and at 34 start using a wolf pet. Keep haste and regen on monk, keep haste on pet,keep regen on shaman. Slow and root if aggro is a problem. If you have excess mana str buff is ok and Tali line is useful. Canni dance as shaman.

I can't stress enough how important haste is for dps and how good slow is for survival. Your pet does good dps but is weak. Don't let it die as it costs a ton of mana.

Dots are a waste of mana in a duo with monk. You two can take on any camp so find one worth xp and pp and work it.

Your kick wont damage enemies that need magic items to attack unless you are wearing magic boots so buy some Wu boots early on.
Thanks for all the help!
Old 07-09-2017, 10:34 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casteel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
based on your post alone, my tip would be...if a GM shows up one day to put you through a 2boxing test, make sure that one of you doesn't spontaneously go linkdead...
Yeah that would suck! We haven't been able to get on and play because my IP exemption hasn't been approved yet. And I had realized that I had goofed up by not adding in my account name so we may have to wait much longer before we can play.
Old 07-09-2017, 10:35 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambiant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kill all the skeletons. They drop coin, cloth, rusty weps and bags. Bone chips will make you early plat easily. My troll, Spithridates is parked in FoB for leveling. Send him a tell and I'll give you a pair of Splitpaw Hide Gloves, magic hands for the monk or starter WIS for the shaman.
I appreciate your generosity! I should be able to hop on Monday and I'll catch you then. My Monk's name is Davick
Closed Thread