Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: Warn People about Trains?
Yes 133 81.10%
No 31 18.90%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2019, 02:23 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I think everyone was sore from those people who've been spending hours at a time training upper guk. I really prefer when people call out trains but that stuff gets the rage flowing in people. That said trains are a part of the game but if you call them then at least I have a chance to get out of the way.
Old 11-11-2019, 02:35 PM
Sarnak

They should just make training legal and it would fix a lot of problems. A good passive aggressive way to PvP.
Old 11-11-2019, 02:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balimon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was my understanding that training out without warning was a suspendable offense?
Hum, weird. I coulda swore this was written somewhere, but can't find it. Maybe it was removed.
Old 11-11-2019, 05:21 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Sometimes you just don't have the option to shout your trains. You're 20% health trying to weave your way through corridors you dont have a macro for your specific camp set up so a vague "Train to zone" In a place like guk where trains can go 2-4 different routes to potentially 3 different zonelines doesn't really help much imo. Trains are an unavoidable consequence of hunting in dungeons. It sucks no one likes to die to trains but I don't understand why people go from 0-100 instantly from dying to a train like the guy is some trashcan that could have absolutely prevented your death.

I think what a lot of people mean when they get upset at trains is "why didn't you just die" they just don't want to say it.
Old 11-11-2019, 05:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morratiz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think what a lot of people mean when they get upset at trains is "why didn't you just die" they just don't want to say it.
Exactly... why is your experience worth more than the multiple people you will kill with it? Why do you keep trying a room you have trained 3x? If it's once.. sure. It happens. But repeatedly it's almost on purpose. You are purposely trying harder content than you can handle.
Old 11-11-2019, 07:27 PM
Kobold

100% solution:
Never train. Always stand and die.
After all, if you're dead too, it couldn't have been your train. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-11-2019, 07:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bum3 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Exactly... why is your experience worth more than the multiple people you will kill with it? Why do you keep trying a room you have trained 3x? If it's once.. sure. It happens. But repeatedly it's almost on purpose. You are purposely trying harder content than you can handle.
If you don't know why your own experience is more important than other people's experience you are going about competitive play the wrong way.
Old 11-11-2019, 08:58 PM
Kobold

I have a feeling this thread will come up again with Kunark and Karnor's Castle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puluin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
100% solution:
Never train. Always stand and die.
After all, if you're dead too, it couldn't have been your train. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you get trained, do you stand still and just die in case you train someone else with the train trained on you?
Old 11-12-2019, 03:34 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by bum3 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You keep trying to push this narrative that every train is the result of blatant incompetence. Not every train is the same group trying and failing for the third time to break a camp lol. I feel like you've had a bad experience with trains and cant separate your anecdotal experience with the issue as a whole. There's no need to strawman literally no one here thinks that repeatedly training over and over is an excusable thing.
Last edited by Morratiz; 11-12-2019 at 03:36 AM..
Old 11-12-2019, 03:44 AM
Aviak

Choo choo!!
Closed Thread