Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2019, 11:43 AM
Banned

I don't see Kingdom doing this on teal? Maybe in the future? Not sure tbh. I want no doings with teal or blue atm.
Old 12-23-2019, 11:48 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tranix loot wasn't mentioned. Crown is badass
Didn't realize vox dropped King Tranix loot. Is that another one of those unclassic changes they have made for green/teal?
Old 12-23-2019, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faedyarae [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This criticism is crazy to me. You're getting a chance on loot you probably wouldn't normally get for a long time from a guild hosting an open raid (which is more of a liability than a help, usually) and you're complaint is that it's not enough?

I come from the live progression servers, where the default mentality of the top guild is always "Get better n00b!," so I see this more of an ingratiating gesture rather than Seal Team trying to screw everyone. I hope that's not me being naive, but the fact is they don't have to invite anyone.
There are screen shots with a guild officer or leader being a complete jerk to his entire guild...look it up. It's on Rants & Flames. I think they thought by holding an open raid it would make them look better or something, but then they go and put restrictions on some loot, lol. It's a failed PR stunt.
Old 12-23-2019, 02:31 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are screen shots with a guild officer or leader being a complete jerk to his entire guild...look it up. It's on Rants & Flames. I think they thought by holding an open raid it would make them look better or something, but then they go and put restrictions on some loot, lol. It's a failed PR stunt.
This is a ridiculous stance, big surprise that big guilds have drama. This thing is a chance at loot people not in the guild would otherwise have zero chance at. There is no downside at all when the alternative is getting absolutely nothing with a 100 percent guarantee. Its open (attendance) with some loot being available without having to deal with meeting normal raid requirements.

That said I had been wanting to attend just to see the thing go down. Im sad to hear it ended up being during work for me. I hope some of these in the future happen later in the day.
Old 12-23-2019, 03:30 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Raid was a ton of fun. We were in and out in less than an hour. Vox died very quickly. Seal Team gave clear instructions for us newbs, and we had very few deaths.

Even though the 2 Vox items both went to Seal Team members (we did have a chance to roll for 1), Seal Team brought along a Santa Clause-esque character who brought us a bunch of prizes for folks to roll on, and most people in my group won some sort of equipment upgrade. That was both unexpected and classy.

A lot of folks around me were pretty giddy with the slaying of Vox. There were many screenshots being taken. Clearly this meant a lot for the players who would not normally have the chance to participate in a Classic-era dragon slaying.
Old 12-23-2019, 04:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't see Kingdom doing this on teal? Maybe in the future? Not sure tbh. I want no doings with teal or blue atm.
They don't need the help [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-23-2019, 04:55 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidronius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a ridiculous stance, big surprise that big guilds have drama. This thing is a chance at loot people not in the guild would otherwise have zero chance at. There is no downside at all when the alternative is getting absolutely nothing with a 100 percent guarantee. Its open (attendance) with some loot being available without having to deal with meeting normal raid requirements.

That said I had been wanting to attend just to see the thing go down. Im sad to hear it ended up being during work for me. I hope some of these in the future happen later in the day.
The reason non-sheepish ppl are calling them out is cause they see through this tactic, Seal Team doesnt have the man power on this date to kill the dragons so they need you suckers to come help them kill the mobs while they are keeping all the good stuff and letting the lemons have the scraps, this is an old douchebag tactic that has been around for awhile, i remember a guild that did these "OPEN" raids for the community and then it turned out it was a guild with 12 ppl in it taking all the good loot and acting like they were doing the other ppl a favor when in fact it was the other way around. If you have no problem being used then by all means help them get their loot while you take the table scraps they allow you to have.
Old 12-23-2019, 05:06 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The reason non-sheepish ppl are calling them out is cause they see through this tactic, Seal Team doesnt have the man power on this date to kill the dragons so they need you suckers to come help them kill the mobs while they are keeping all the good stuff and letting the lemons have the scraps, this is an old douchebag tactic that has been around for awhile, i remember a guild that did these "OPEN" raids for the community and then it turned out it was a guild with 12 ppl in it taking all the good loot and acting like they were doing the other ppl a favor when in fact it was the other way around. If you have no problem being used then by all means help them get their loot while you take the table scraps they allow you to have.
I really doubt this guild which almost certainly has more than 12 members needs the help of swarms of level 25 players to kill a 20 year old dragon they have already killed and have no competition for. Being condescending about your absurd claims does not give them more weight as you label people not throwing a fit as "sheepish" people taking table scraps.
Old 12-23-2019, 05:26 PM
Sarnak

i mean if it doesn't take too long, I could be down maybe to be a zerg pawn or whatever to take scraps and see some dragons. but who wants to waste hours and exp hits from death (i'm presuming) to enable a select few others to get actually good stuff?
Old 12-23-2019, 05:32 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i mean if it doesn't take too long, I could be down maybe to be a zerg pawn or whatever to take scraps and see some dragons. but who wants to waste hours and exp hits from death (i'm presuming) to enable a select few others to get actually good stuff?
you described raiding in general
Closed Thread