Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2020, 10:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dozkyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also not trying to fan these flames but if your server has no DAP'ers there is probably an issue with some of my main points
If you're dictating minimums and saying that lowbies shouldn't get ports, are you actually in DaP? When I was a member years ago, this was explicitly against DaP policy.
Old 01-03-2020, 10:38 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're dictating minimums and saying that lowbies shouldn't get ports, are you actually in DaP? When I was a member years ago, this was explicitly against DaP policy.
Ok buddy. never said i was in dap and never said i dictated any prices. These are recommended prices that I used to pay when I asked for ports
Old 01-03-2020, 10:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dozkyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok buddy. never said i was in dap
Then why are you bringing up DaP?

Quote:
never said i dictated any prices
Quote:
1. If you are a low lvl and have no money don't ask for a port. Go lvl like the rest of us did.

2. A good donation is 1p per lvl. If you are on a CR it's always free. If you don't have plat go make more plat before you ask for a port.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

^this is dictating prices. If you want to do that, go for it, but don't try to spin it like it's something else lol.

If you just include your pricing requirements in your advertising message, this problem solves itself, yes?
Old 01-03-2020, 10:50 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Then why are you bringing up DaP?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

^this is dictating prices. If you want to do that, go for it, but don't try to spin it like it's something else lol.

If you just include your pricing requirements in your advertising message, this problem solves itself, yes?
twist it how you want my friend
Old 01-03-2020, 10:53 PM
Sarnak

I agree with dozkyn on #1. Time is valuable, and asking a stranger to give up theirs to port you, so that you don't have to spend yours running is just selfish. Either pay them for their time, or expect you are saving money by spending time running.
Old 01-03-2020, 10:54 PM
Kobold

The onus should be on the porter to set a price upfront. Asking for donations is just a passive-aggressive way of telling people you expect to be paid. Might as well set a price and be done with it. That's how I've always done it, and I've never had a complaint.
Old 01-03-2020, 11:28 PM
Kobold

Simple solution, on my wiz i am always anon and when i am not i completely ignore tells for a port if the person is wanting a free ride for CR etc, i got better things to do, like go afk between kills while i do RL stuff
Old 01-03-2020, 11:31 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I had heard that .5 plat per level was standard for green since there's less platinum in circulation so as I've been running around Norrath rezzing people I just send a tell asking if someone would be willing to port me for 30 plat and just multiply that by 2-4 if I can't meet them in zone. As far as I can tell it hasn't made me any enemies since the same people have been willing to port me time and again.
Old 01-03-2020, 11:52 PM
Kobold

Dial a Daniel charges nothing to port to people and tell them they're ugly.
Old 01-04-2020, 12:58 AM
Banned

if im paying 500pp for a port u better shut up and take my money along with any insults.
Closed Thread