Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2021, 08:44 PM
Fire Giant

I've said it before a dozen times, there's a huge difference between live and P99 raid scenes.

Live had one or two top raid guilds per server and the rest of the server was filthy casuals. P99 is 80% filled with the kind of people who would be in a top raid guild on live. Live had 40-something servers for those people to spread out over. We're all crammed into one space.

Even worse with Green over Blue, is that the top 10% of all those hardcore people all ended up in one single raid guild instead of being spread out. If Seal Team was split between VC, Kingdom and BL and maybe GM too why not, raid competition would be very very different.
Old 02-11-2021, 08:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The nature of the competition: Form a huge zerg of the unemployed
This is so painfully stupid that words cannot do proper justice to its stupidity.

You folks are, in essence, claiming that not being entitled welfare takers IRL makes for welfare pixels in-game. It's beyond parody.
Except I don’t raid. I just think it’s a dumb system
Old 02-11-2021, 09:49 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coridan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've said it before a dozen times, there's a huge difference between live and P99 raid scenes.

Live had one or two top raid guilds per server and the rest of the server was filthy casuals. P99 is 80% filled with the kind of people who would be in a top raid guild on live. Live had 40-something servers for those people to spread out over. We're all crammed into one space.

Even worse with Green over Blue, is that the top 10% of all those hardcore people all ended up in one single raid guild instead of being spread out. If Seal Team was split between VC, Kingdom and BL and maybe GM too why not, raid competition would be very very different.
I think this is a really good point. I mean ST has been known to raid trak with over 100 people. Trak must go down in 6 seconds. But to give them a little benefit of the doubt, most hard core raiders join their guild because there is no other option. If you want to experience end game raid content you basically have one choice of guild. So all the raiders flock to ST and the casuals and causal raiders go to the other guilds. Not sure why Green molded this way and it’s a little unfortunate. I don’t think forcing rotations by server staff is the correct solution, but I don’t have any suggestions so at least staff is trying Something I guess.
Old 02-11-2021, 10:10 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The snake draft is quarterly. (I like it for what it's worth) Meanwhile, (again feel free to correct me if i'm wrong) There was open raids once a month, or 3x as much on Green before everyone picked up their pitchforks and tried to bully the GM's into a decision they have been routinely against since the projects inception.

Also, again, Rotating end game dragons was not classic. VP wasn't cleared on live until JUST before velious released, as pointed out by another member a few pages back.

Also there is like 6 items from VP that don't become obsolete in 5 months with the release of Velious. Ya'll aren't getting the big picture here. How are you going to keep Seal Team out of Sleeper's Tomb, where the REAL big boy legacy items are, before they wake the sleeper? If stomp your feet and cry because you can't win a dragon with 25 hp?
You sure do know a lot about green server for someone that doesn't play on green.

You re obviously in ST like most aftermath, you're not even subtle.

No one bullied any GM.

Point is people are here to have fun, this is not fun and ST is toxic AF hence why they ve got banned from raid and their pet guild disbanded.

And yes some partial rotation is in the pipes (it was already in préparation before kunark), as well as bag limit.

There will be competitiveness ( if you can call it that) AND more relaxing content via rotated content.

Don't like it? Tough! Gonna have to deal with it or suffer more raid ban.
Old 02-12-2021, 01:28 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bach [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You sure do know a lot about green server for someone that doesn't play on green.

You re obviously in ST like most aftermath, you're not even subtle.

No one bullied any GM.

Point is people are here to have fun, this is not fun and ST is toxic AF hence why they ve got banned from raid and their pet guild disbanded.

And yes some partial rotation is in the pipes (it was already in préparation before kunark), as well as bag limit.

There will be competitiveness ( if you can call it that) AND more relaxing content via rotated content.

Don't like it? Tough! Gonna have to deal with it or suffer more raid ban.
I was probably one of the first 10 people guild tagged <Seal Team>. Throughout the first 24 hours on green I was probably within 10-30% exp of a level away from the highest monk. Logged in the next day to kills dervs, realized that i gained like a yellow in two hours at level 6, and never logged in again. (For the most part, I don't think I ever got to level 10) In fact that character is deleted and is now a level 1 iksar monk. That makes my highest level toon on the server a level 6 enchanter.

I have no skin in this game. If I were to join the raid scene on green today, it would be to join whoever is on the other side of ST. A lot of people in the guild are my friends, which is an even bigger reason to beat them. I'd rather lose a game of 1 on 1 to a random than one of my boys. Also, you can check my history of preaching about the raid scene on this server over the last several years and find that my position is largely unchanged.

Also I don't know if you've noticed but i've been arguing for like two days now about non rotational ways to get non Seal Team entities traks. (seriously if ur in a raid guild on green push for an alliance now, you'll largely find that almost everyone who plays this game is likeminded. We're all nerds who enjoy everquest)
Last edited by Twochain; 02-12-2021 at 01:36 AM..
Old 02-12-2021, 05:24 AM
Banned

Yeah no one harassed the staff, that's why clickies and soulfires that were fine for 10 years+ on blue got nerfed. When that didn't work they probably threatened to quit or go to TLP like they did before. These very same people did exactly that before.

Deep down you know what the problem is, and so do we all. You're degenerates, much more so than you try to project on others. Any kind of serious effort is torture for you, it can be for anyone, but it's a total no go for you. If you subjected yourself to the level of effort put in by others, you'd definitely get half the targets.

This UN thing isn't very optional from what I've seen. It's an effort to force the top guilds into having to deal with you instead of the staff having to and work through your incessant complaining and demands. You wanna be the top guild on p99? You're going to deal with the degenerates, appease them with constant rule changing until some pixels shake loose. None of the idiots I'm talking about will admit it, but for you the casual reader, consider it and realize the truth.
Last edited by Nirgon; 02-12-2021 at 05:28 AM..
Old 02-12-2021, 05:47 AM
Kobold

It's almost like none of these camp dispute problems exist on a pvp server, Red 2.0 please. There's a reason why TMO and plenty of other long term blue players moved over to Red during the play-nice-policy revamp, because arguing with grown adults over how you spend your free time and sharing "loot" in a 22 year old simulator is tedious.
Old 02-12-2021, 07:12 AM
Fire Giant

No red 2.0, but Sullon Zek style good/neutral/evil teams PvP would be fun
Old 02-12-2021, 09:55 AM
Banned

Last edited by Nirgon; Today at 04:28 AM..
Old 02-12-2021, 10:38 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
STOP THE STEAL! **whaa-whaa***