Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: Warn People about Trains?
Yes 133 81.10%
No 31 18.90%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2019, 09:20 PM
Kobold

Default TRAIN Warnings

I've been grouped at the Upper Guk Froglok Lord room a few times, and often times the group ends up saying "Run!" "Train it!"
Now I personally like getting a heads up when someone is training past me, so I often go to the one way entrance/exit of Lord room (Warden Camp) and say/shout TRAIN WARDEN.

What this has resulted in is me getting cussed out, petitioned, people sending me hate tells.
I even had a GM come up to me today, and after I explained said "ok np" and poofed.

A group mate said in China it's better to leave it alone when you see a baby on the crosswalk due to liability issues.
Is China right about Hong Kong? I mean we have to maximize our profit margin right?

In any case, it's definitely not helping out my reputation. I've had friends telling me "My group hates you"

Should I keep warning people, or just ghost em?
Old 11-10-2019, 09:24 PM
Planar Protector

If someone yells at you for doing the polite thing (warning of train) the they are the dickheads not you
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 11-10-2019, 09:28 PM
Sarnak

I'd love to but only 6 hotkey buttons sorry! Need to strafe run my exp > anyone elses please pay attention to your screen the world is full of dangers
Tried to get immersed in Velious but quickly got burnt out by there being no challenge, the intensive raid schedule and pressure to be 100% or close to it with RA. In Nihilum, having 70% RA + meant you were a neckbeard, in Empire, 70% was the equivalent of being inactive status.
Old 11-10-2019, 09:28 PM
Planar Protector

Most players seem to assume that whoever calls a train must have started it. For that reason I pretty well never call trains when I see them anymore. Don't see it as worth the fuss.

Danth
Old 11-10-2019, 09:33 PM
Planar Protector

Never train fight and die or prevail with honor
Old 11-10-2019, 09:50 PM
Fire Giant

It was my understanding that training out without warning was a suspendable offense? I don't see how there's any choice in the matter. Even if it's not required, I think it's pretty bad form to not let people know.

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Old 11-10-2019, 09:56 PM
Aviak

The people don’t hate you because your calling the train. They hate you because you are training them. If you train out enough times that you thought you needed to make this post, then stop trying camps you can’t handle. Especially something like the lord, where if you try to get out, your going to take another group down with you.
Old 11-10-2019, 09:56 PM
Planar Protector

If you train, you should warn people. If someone else trains you, and you also flee, and no one else has warned of the train, you should warn people. And yeah, sometimes people respond with anger. And surely we all understand why. It usually makes me very uncomfortable when others direct anger at me. Perhaps you feel the same. I think I'm getting better at not letting it upset me, though.

But there is also another option, which is, if you mess up when doing a camp and fleeing would result in training other people and causing them to die, you just stand your ground and die.

And there's even one more option, which is to play the game in an extremely meticulous and cautious way so as to minimize the possibility of having to flee. Obviously, no one can manage to do this every time, but I think many players take unnecessary risks.

The better we play, the less we train those around us.
Old 11-10-2019, 10:00 PM
Aviak

You could make an ambiguous macro.

/shout Watch out some dude is training the zone!
Old 11-10-2019, 10:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most players seem to assume that whoever calls a train must have started it. For that reason I pretty well never call trains when I see them anymore. Don't see it as worth the fuss.

Danth
Found the dick sending you angry tells

Call your trains people.
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Closed Thread