Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2015, 06:27 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coridan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I believe this is the thread you are referring to. I was a participant in it and it was on the original Kunark subforum from live while RoK was in development. This thread is the reason there is a firepot room in TD.http://www.oocities.org/theroyalnorr...uard/rok1.html
I read through most of the thread, how did it bring on the firepot room? Once they put POK in, they should have opened up binding in the zone/room again.
Old 06-08-2015, 10:30 PM
Kobold

In Ak'Anon there is a lamp which can be manipulated by any player. What this activates is known only to members of the Clockwork Tinkers Union. As far as I know nobody else has discovered it's purpose and it remains a sworn secret of the CTU.
Old 06-09-2015, 05:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Down in Brad McQuaid's basement, locked away in a dark corner of the room is a small locked box with a note on it: "the secret zone". The greatest secret of Verant was passed down from dev to dev, never discovered by any player in the last 15 years. To this day, it's still waiting to be found somewhere in the world that no one has yet seen.
lol
Old 06-09-2015, 05:40 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Originally Posted by Roth View Post
Down in Brad McQuaid's basement, locked away in a dark corner of the room is a small locked box with a note on it: "the secret zone". The greatest secret of Verant was passed down from dev to dev, never discovered by any player in the last 15 years. To this day, it's still waiting to be found somewhere in the world that no one has yet seen.

Yeah. We've seen it. It's called Vanguard.

Worst. Zone. Ever.
Old 06-09-2015, 07:36 AM
Kobold

I remember being completely blown away way back on live when I did the Rogue Redemption quest for the Burning Rapier. For the Oblong Bottle I had to swim to the bottom of the Ocean of Tears and search for it. WAIT, WHAT?!?! There are things found on the ocean floor?!

Still blows my mind thinking about swimming down through the depths and being mid-water where I couldn't see the surface or the bottom and swimming deeper and deeper and seeing the ocean floor appearing before me.

Classic:
Gruemm - Dwarven Scout of Fennin Ro
Member of the Grudge Bearers
Old 06-09-2015, 09:33 AM
Kobold

Well if they ever do add custom content I hope they don't tell us where it is or how to get in.
Old 06-09-2015, 10:22 AM
Fire Giant

That kind of stuff makes for great possible future custom expansions after Velious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] -- Mg

OMNI Officer (Retired from EQ)
Check out my P99 Hunting Guide!
Old 06-09-2015, 10:42 AM
Planar Protector

I hope they just open up Luclin without telling us. Would be such $$$.

But be custom with it. Call Vah Shir Kerran, say it's another continent, and continue disabling new player models. Other than that, same near perfect expansion.

Then, the real perfection, PoP can be released afterwards.
Old 06-09-2015, 11:01 AM
Fire Giant

I would rather see the actual Kerra turned into a playable race. Would require armor textures and some faces for the Kerra model but I have a friend who was a dev (Yakatizma back in the day) he says it could be done pretty easily, just a little bit of time.
Old 06-09-2015, 02:36 PM
Aviak

I'd honestly rather see a custom expansion that delves into the Shissar than anything related to Kerran every again. If I want to play one, I'll go play EQ2, and that's not happening. I've always felt it was sad that all the Shissar got was one zone when they seemed to have such a cool backstory. They conquered an ENTIRE CONTINENT, and Sony just felt the need to write them as extinct, then reveal that they somehow ended up on the moon and failed to conquer anything? Pfft. Get that shit outta here.
Closed Thread