Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 11-03-2019, 04:32 PM
Sarnak

It's definitely not a hardware or software issue on the side of the client, it has to do with the patch and server side. Everyone experiencing the same problem has different specs and things, the only common issue is the v52 patch.
Old 11-03-2019, 07:56 PM
Large Rat

I have been running an older machine. Intel core 2 processor, nvidia 7300 gt video card, and windows xp. Everything was running great until this last patch and now my character models are straight outa Fear and loathing in Las Vegas!!!
Old 11-06-2019, 01:53 PM
Sarnak

bumping to hopefully keep this issue visible for a future fix
Old 11-09-2019, 05:41 PM
Skeleton

crickets
Old 11-11-2019, 11:31 AM
Large Rat

Bumping post. Has anyone came up with anything for fixing this?
Old 11-11-2019, 11:50 AM
Fire Giant

Seems like...

And this is just speculation, but it seems like everyone who is having this problem is running the game on some impossibly old graphics hardware and whatever solution they’re using for night darkness is designed to run on somewhat modern gpus.

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Old 11-11-2019, 12:01 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-11-2019, 04:29 PM
Large Rat

I was really trying to avoid buying a new computer just to play p99. I have an nvidia 7300 gt card which I know is quite old. Anyone have a suggestion for an upgrade on video card that won’t break the bank but is an upgrade?
Old 11-11-2019, 04:48 PM
Sarnak

I went on facebook marketplace and picked up a Geforce GTX 970 used for $75 bucks... and i can now play EQ again with no graphical issues... i previously had a Geforce 7900 GT (which was quite old) ... sucks i had to do it.. but i had wanted a better graphics card for a long time anyways... is it the best out there? hell no... but i can do a lot for what i have now. Good luck folks! Hope they find a fix for those with troubles still.
Old 11-12-2019, 12:44 AM
Sarnak

Seems lame that all of a sudden it would require something completely different than the past without an actual explanation or warning for those liking to use older machines. EQ can be run on much older systems and now with p99 and the "new" classic server it requires more state of the art stuff now. If that is truly the case it is unfortunate and for access reasons I hope there is a fix as well so it doesn't limit the people who want to try it out.

I can use a different machine, but with the whole aspect of their .dll and such I just put it on a really old desktop with only the game on it. So, in my case I'd rather not move it over to a system with more sensitive information and things that I use frequently.