Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2020, 06:10 PM
Sarnak

Well I started one.
Per /OOC looks like players are trading. How do you know, you will get an item and not khmm, unsolicited death for your hard earned say 1k? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-03-2020, 06:28 PM
Fire Giant

Haha good question Pivo, i'll let a Veteran answer this one for you. I often just deal with trades/sales within the guild, or i adventure for all my gear cause im broke haha.. Haven't reached out to anybody selling publicly yet other than for a price.
Old 12-03-2020, 06:32 PM
Banned

Make a level 1 in north freeport. If rules are the same you cannot kill level 1s in north freeport. This is not so bad if you have some money and buying a cheap item and drop transfering it.
Old 12-03-2020, 06:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ret.SaxonAlex [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Make a level 1 in north freeport. If rules are the same you cannot kill level 1s in north freeport. This is not so bad if you have some money and buying a cheap item and drop transfering it.
Ahh, good to know, thanks
Old 12-03-2020, 06:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongNpretty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I often just deal with trades/sales within the guild
Yes, guild makes sense, bigger guild even more sense [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-03-2020, 08:07 PM
Kobold

make a cleric/shaman/druid lvl up, farm, then make the classes you want, thats how you win red, unless youre plugged in with friends. Nobody looks for a necro to join their group, just facts of having multiple 60s here, will get lonely for you at 30.
Old 12-03-2020, 08:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerwin 5.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
make a cleric/shaman/druid lvl up, farm, then make the classes you want, thats how you win red, unless youre plugged in with friends. Nobody looks for a necro to join their group, just facts of having multiple 60s here, will get lonely for you at 30.
Undead charmers, ghetto patch healers, CC'ers, undead wizards.

People just don't often play them to their potential.
Old 12-04-2020, 01:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongNpretty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you have in fact joined, then let me welcome you good sir.. WELCOME TO THE SERVER! Glad to have ya!

-Active guilds? Yep! Just depends on what you're looking for? Sanctuary would be your go to leveling guild, and probably give you the best "Blue Experience" as a blue player. They have a large presence on the server which will provide you more options for grouping, and ports and what not. As you progress you can split out to find a guild that maybe caters to raiding or pvp more.

-Groups happen for sure, but just not maxed out groups.. Meaning- You'll find like, duo's and triples decently, but a full 6 person group of mid 20's isn't gonna be as convenient.. But i suggest just joining sanctuary, making 1 for sure solo toon, and maybe a few alts scattered around different levels.

-Red is fun in so many neat ways.. 1- the pvp. Lets be honest, being able to kill people to take the camps you want is pretty legit. Would fix a lot of problems on the PVE servers haha.
-Its really fun to hit your homey anytime you want while he's medding
-I laughed really really hard the other day when somebody in my group thought my pet was a mob in camp and they started attacking it while i was afk, long story short they died. Was a cluster F, but still hilarious and such a red server thing to happen.
-Kinda cool to be able to assemble hit crews and what not.
-And lastly- Its really fun to be able to camp the stuff you want without having to do so unhealthily. Just yesterday working from home i killed quillmane and looted the levi cloak.. 4 years on blue, never seen the horse. So join if just for the fact that you actually get to see that these mobs exist without having to skip meals or shit in socks. Red is ultimately proving to be the healthier server haha.. I dont stress or think of pixels, dont care about them cause i CAN get them.. Thats all that matters, I CAN attain these things at my own pace. Imagine running through Sro and seeing the AC just there...... yeah...

- MQ's- They are there! Heck meet somebody, anybody and they wil probably just MQ a free pair of Jboots for you.
-Yes group pvps, open pvp zones without level restrictions. But again, self motivation. Might require you putting together the hit squad.

-Freeport is the auction zone

-Join red for a change in rule sets. Join red to actually camp AC without having to call in sick to work. Join red to meet new folks. Join red to just have a 3rd option if you tired of blue or green. Join red to complete any EQ goals you cannot reasonably complete on blu e or green. Join red to be another amazing human who might help me promote this server and the cool things it does and the cool folks who do exist there.

-More importantly, join red cause PVP is a part of EQ's history, and its worth experiencing everything EQ! You'll find small things that are kinda cool.. Your first PVP scuffle will be one to remember. It'll make your heart race. You'll soon realize your running around empty zones fully buffed JUST IN CASE of a scuffle. Sometimes you go looking for them. You'll learn who to trust, who not to trust. Who to port and who not to port.

Hope it helps man. Try it just to try it, but be patient! The server has it's own reason to still exist, i hope you find that silver lining like myself and numerous others did!
Wow this is a lot of info for a +1. Hope he got you to join brother! Cause that a lot of yap for you so cares are here. Red players care about you.
Old 12-07-2020, 11:08 AM
Fire Giant

Tassadar, your english is fucked.
Old 12-07-2020, 12:40 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by project99toons [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’ve decided...I’M GOING TO DO IT! I’ve decided I’m going to make a Necro Iksar on Red...! So, here’s my questions:

• Are there active guilds? If so, do they raid?
• How are groups?
• What’s fun about Red?
• Are there MQs? Or is it a setup to take your $$$
• Are there ever group PVPs? Let’s say a group is killing for exp and another person or group shows up, do they fight each other?
• Is EC used to sell/buy items?
• What’s the benefits or why should I play on Red?
Red99 has faster XP than the other servers. Population is very small but there are some real newbie friendly guilds out there to help get you through the majority of the leveling curve. Pick a class that can solo unless you are ok with massive downtime waiting for groups.