Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 01:56 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by xshayla701 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
because sexual predators are everywhere.

Now I can go online and look up sex offenders and I notice two in paticular: a man who was convicted of child molestation and a man that was convicted of rape, and the fact that they now live just a couple miles from my house. A girl that went to my high school a while back was raped in her own home. So yeah, a_random_guy01 might just be a sexual predator.
Just to underscore this....A few years ago I was living in an apartment complex. I came out of my apartment one morning about 9am to head to work - I am NEVER home that late in the morning...I actually had left that morning at 4:30a and came back... I made it down the stairs to my car and was searching in my purse for my cell phone to make a phone call and realized I didn't have it...

I got out of my car and a guy who had been standing by a car a few down from me walks up and introduces himself to me. Says he's new in town and asks if I know of anywhere he can get a job. Keeps talking to me etc. I cut the convo short because I needed to get to work..

He seemed like a completely nice guy - I got no weird vibes for him at all. I am an EXTREMELY suspicious person so...I felt totally safe, went upstairs into my apartment. I locked the deadbolt on the door ONLY out of habit. While in the bedroom looking for my phone I thought I heard my doorknob.....before I opened the door I peeked out the peep hole and dude is standing on the landing. i think he had tried to open my door!

I called my boss before i walked out the door, got her on the phone....THEN opened the door...smiled at the guy - told him good luck, and talked to my boss until i was locked in my car. I thought it was creepy but didn't really think much of it....

Until 3 nights later when I hear commotion outside my window at 3am....I look out the window and the cops are arresting the man who had talked to me that morning.

The next day I looked at the sherriffs booking log online.....

What was he arrested for? Rape and aggravated assault.

SO. That morning. If not for my habitual door locking. It could have been me.
Old 03-12-2011, 03:07 PM
Aviak

I take all types of preventative measures... i.e. pepper spray in hand safety off while walking to car FROM MY NIGHT CLASS [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.], keys out, unlock car, lock car right when I get in... usually on the phone... etc.

I guess the big thing for me is that I'd never let fear stop me from doing something I want to do, on my own, independently. I think that'd just defeat the purpose of my life.

I don't expect a dude to understand because like you said, he never will soooo... fuck em. Aaanyways, they have enough identity problems of their own these days.... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

pps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7mPqycQ0tQ
Last edited by Rilkean; 03-12-2011 at 04:02 PM.. Reason: Gee...
Old 03-12-2011, 05:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rilkean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I take all types of preventative measures... i.e. pepper spray in hand safety off while walking to car FROM MY NIGHT CLASS [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.], keys out, unlock car, lock car right when I get in... usually on the phone... etc.

I guess the big thing for me is that I'd never let fear stop me from doing something I want to do, on my own, independently. I think that'd just defeat the purpose of my life.
This. It's insane to live in fear, but it's also insane to think it could never happen to you.

I also was reading something that said the way some women dress can be "asking to get raped." What the fuck is wrong with some people?
Old 03-12-2011, 05:13 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rilkean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yep. That's how I am. nobody is going to steal my joy. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-12-2011, 05:14 PM
Banned

"One in seven people believe it is acceptable in some circumstances for a man to hit his wife or girlfriend if she is dressed in “sexy or revealing clothes in public”, according to the findings of a survey released today. A similar number believed that it was all right for a man to slap his wife or girlfriend if she is “nagging or constantly moaning at him”. The findings of the poll, conducted for the Home Office, also disclosed about a quarter of people believe that wearing sexy or revealing clothing should lead to a woman being held partly responsible for being raped or sexually assaulted.""

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle5875108.ece
Old 03-12-2011, 05:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by xshayla701 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I also was reading something that said the way some women dress can be "asking to get raped." What the fuck is wrong with some people?
The same thing that makes people 'grateful' for the earthquake in Japan and are claiming it is karma for them attacking pearl harbor.

Some people are just stupid or mean or emotionless. Fact of life =/
Old 03-12-2011, 06:51 PM
Aviak

Fear is the mind killer.... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-12-2011, 06:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I got like 30 seconds in before losing interest. All I took away from it was that she doesn't want to get raped and beat up by some rando.
right there with you on that
Old 03-12-2011, 07:06 PM
Orc

Quote:

I don't expect a dude to understand because like you said, he never will soooo... fuck em. Aaanyways, they have enough identity problems of their own these days.... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

pps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7mPqycQ0tQ
awesome.
Old 03-13-2011, 03:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Isn't that the same rational as people locking their doors when they go through a predominantly black area? I understand that you're afraid of getting the rape, just like some scrawny white kid is scared to roll through Watts or East side Chicago but I think the whole "fear-state" mindset towards strangers is a bit absurd.

Most rapes occur from someone you know, not some total stranger if you're ever in a hostile situation with a complete stranger it's usually hit-and-go robbery and isn't sexually motivated... In a sense they just want to coerce you into giving them your money and dipset before the police show up.

But you saying "I have to be armed to the teeth because I'm afraid of unknown rapists at night" is like me saying "I have to be armed to the teeth because I don't trust ******s and I'm in the ghetto"
Closed Thread