Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2019, 12:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure why the focus of this thread has become the word "old".....wasn't the intention.
The title, old man. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-24-2019, 12:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The title, old man. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know. I just thought people would realize that the older you get, the more responsibility you obtain, and that is the real issue.
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is anyone else in this situation? I don't have the time to play what I want to play, so I am a little upset, but I have still come to terms with the fact that I just don't have the time to play what I want to play.

For example: I have always wanted to play a Rogue. The issue with them is that they are highly group dependant and I will be out-leveled by the population of Green quickly due to the amount of playtime I will have.

Due to that, my choice in classes is minimized to the classes that can group and can solo, leaving out some of the more interesting classes in this era of the game.

Anyone else?
There will be a lot of 'old people' m8 and rogues gets an xp bonus so just do it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Planar Protector

...but he was too young to die.
Old 10-24-2019, 12:46 PM
Orc

Quote:
I know. I just thought people would realize that the older you get, the more responsibility you obtain, and that is the real issue.
Yea, I understood it. It was more just about not having the copious amounts of free time to play all the time that a lot of us did in 1999. Or even really wanting to spend that much time in a game.

I think there's enough people in this boat that you won't be outleveled, though, and you'll be able to find groups throughout Green's lifetime. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if this was the norm.

Green: Jonen, Half-elf Paladin <Castle>
Old 10-24-2019, 12:48 PM
Aviak

Why not join a guild and play with people when you can since it's not a race to the end. I only played back at launch and never made it past lvl 26 but had a blast so I don't see why I can't do the same again.
Old 10-24-2019, 12:52 PM
Planar Protector

You guys did make me feel a lot better about this. However, I have never even started a rogue before, so I don't know much about them, meaning this will be a 100 fresh new experience for me if I do it.

That being said, does anyone have any pointers for a new rogue? I take it I shouldn't go Barbarian because they will be blind forever and the darkness on green is for real, for real!

I don't think I should go human, but not because of the night blindness, but because of the fact that I have seen more players ask how to get to the rogue guild in Freeport than any other question in the starter zone.
Old 10-24-2019, 12:57 PM
Planar Protector

There's no age requirements, but you must own a beard IRL to play a shaman.
Old 10-24-2019, 12:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
You guys did make me feel a lot better about this. However, I have never even started a rogue before, so I don't know much about them, meaning this will be a 100 fresh new experience for me if I do it.

That being said, does anyone have any pointers for a new rogue? I take it I shouldn't go Barbarian because they will be blind forever and the darkness on green is for real, for real!

I don't think I should go human, but not because of the night blindness, but because of the fact that I have seen more players ask how to get to the rogue guild in Freeport than any other question in the starter zone.
Rogues are very easy. Stat priority is strength. You want the highest damage piercer you can get your hands on for backstab. Barbarian is a min/max class, halfling is decent stats with little higher exp bonus, dwarf is slightly behind barbarian but smaller and can see better I guess. I would pick between those 3 unless you just really like how another race looks. I would probably pick wood elf just for that reason. Rogues are probably the easiest class you can play so you don't need much advice. You stand behind the mobs and backstab, evade every time hide ability is up to reduce aggro. That is it.
Old 10-24-2019, 12:59 PM
Aviak

Pick the race you like best, seriously. I made the mistake of choosing a barb for min/max thinking I'd always be in DE form. I hated barb and was jealous every time I saw a cool little sneaky pirate gnome. I stuck it out, levelled up, got my epic but eventually abandoned the barb because it just didn't feel right. Play what you like.
Closed Thread