Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2019, 09:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember the day I first had learned about the level 35 sit to med, and it was in the summer of 2000 off of school on my Necro in Qhills killing Chanda/baobob.

So if its there from the beginning documentation might be hard to find but if its in a patch should be pretty early on
Nice. I didn't ding 35 on my main chanter on live until I was in overthere, in a full group sitting near the FM zone. Ahh, memories.
Old 11-05-2019, 09:38 AM
Kobold

October 28, 1999: Level 35+ casters will now automatically meditate while sitting.

So June 20th, 2020 if the P99 devs are replicating that.
Last edited by Khorza; 11-05-2019 at 09:43 AM..
Old 11-05-2019, 09:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
October 28, 1999: Level 35+ casters will now automatically meditate while sitting.

So June 20th, 2020 if the P99 devs are replicating that.
Bug report the hell out of that.
Old 11-05-2019, 09:49 AM
Sarnak

Pretty sure I saw rogean saying meditate until 35 then u don't need to click it anymore so should be on already.
Old 11-05-2019, 09:54 AM
Kobold

It's in a patch note, so I'm sure the developers are aware of it. And I'm sure they're aware of it, as most people who played a caster originally probably remember when that was added. That's why I was surprised to hear that 35+ medding was a thing, because I distinctly remembered that being added around Kunark. Not having a giant book covering your entire game window for 80% of the time was a big deal.

The developers definitely pick and choose what they feel would be worth recreating. If we just go through the patch notes, which are well-documented, there are tons of things that P99 Green has that wasn't added until later.

You don't have to look too far. In the same pre-Kunark patch that adds level 35+ meditate, Shadow Knights lose access to the spells Mend Bones, Reclaim Energy, and Voice Graft, and pick up Lifetap, Lifespike, and Lifedraw. I'm pretty sure they just start with the lifetap spells on P99. Classes also gain their respective resistance bonuses, Charm gives a message when it breaks, higher level pets change size and model, Magician pets can cast spells, illusion spells have increased duration, some Wizard spells get reduced casting times, changes to Bard instruments, magic gloves allowing you to punch magic creatures, new emotes, new weapon models, Rebreather added to Tinkering.

These things were all added in that same pre-Kunark patch but I don't think the developers have bothered to time-lock any of it. You can look up any historic patch and find tons of things that haven't been included on P99. So it's all a question of whether the developers feel that making people click a Meditate button for nearly a year is worth introducing to the game.
Old 11-05-2019, 10:12 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember the day I first had learned about the level 35 sit to med, and it was in the summer of 2000 off of school on my Necro in Qhills killing Chanda/baobob.

So if its there from the beginning documentation might be hard to find but if its in a patch should be pretty early on
Its documented when the change took place. Now them implementing it is another story.
Old 11-05-2019, 11:26 AM
Sarnak

Woah woah, calm down there Satan.
Old 11-05-2019, 10:43 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought not having to click the button at 35+ was something added later.

Man, casters have it so easy.
You clicked the button.

The button stayed clicked, permanently.

Unless you unclicked it.
Old 11-05-2019, 11:36 PM
Fire Giant

Including the /meditate command to maintain a classic launch was too much to ask for.
Old 11-06-2019, 03:58 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Including the /meditate command to maintain a classic launch was too much to ask for.
I need this so much.
Closed Thread