Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2016, 09:20 PM
Orc

Default Advice on +mana gear for Druid quading

Hello [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Im "relatively" green on p99.

So i just got my druid to 34 recently and have my first AEDD lightning spell. I would like to teach myself how to quad. However, im concerned that my mana pool of 1190ish might not be enough. Since ive never done this kind of kiting before i may be over looking some gear aspect i don't know about. Please feel free to enlighten me.

suggestions on mana+ gear and or quading in general?
Old 10-31-2016, 12:29 AM
Planar Protector

Firstly, if you have limited resources consider rerolling if you picked half elf as your starting race. Half elves start with 15 less wisdom than the next lowest being humans. Might not sound like much, but it is for a long time, especially if you won't be raiding much.

I know people say race choice is purely for aesthetics, but with certain classes some races do have substantial advantages/disadvantages. Just something to consider.

Basically the common advice given is to try to reach 200 wisdom. Once you have 200 wisdom, aim for raw mana items as you reach a diminishing return point with wisdom once you are over 200.

Buy cheap wisdom items, paw of opolla, charred guardian shield, golem tear ring, othmir fur cap, etc.

When it comes to quadding, not only do you worry about your mana pool, you also pick mobs that have lower hps, and you try to keep mobs with the same run speed. This is pretty obvious, but figure I mention it.

Example, Don't grab two beetles and two humanoids, the beetles will run much slower and mess up your quad. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Don't quad casting mobs.
Old 10-31-2016, 12:36 AM
Sarnak

Well i can make a couple of suggestions off the top of my head if youre missing some of these cheap pieces.. Moonstone rings are 30 mana each. Not sure how that compares to the wis ring at that level but may be negligible. The black sapphire jewlecrafted earrings are 35 mana each. Black sapphire necklace is 55 or 65 mana depending on the amount of plat you want to spend on something like that. Platinum Tiara from Lguk is 50 mana. Obulus death shroud has 3 wis and 25 mana from sebilis. Withered leather armor pieces have mana and wisdom on them i believe. That drops in the hole. Hope that helps a little. Can also check the wiki for gear references. Its quick and easy. A luminescent staff really makes quadding efficient though so once that is useable you should snag one.
Old 10-31-2016, 12:54 AM
Fire Giant

Some can say I'm wrong but you shouldn't worry about quadding until you reach your mid 40's... I would suggest level 46 so you can get the Luminescent Staff and use the Lightning Strike spell that comes with it.
Old 10-31-2016, 01:01 AM
Orc

i guess knowing a few things about the char might be helpfull.

hese a halfling druid and i used the recommend point allocation on the wiki [25 to Wisdom, 5 to Stamina] if i recall.

CURRENT WIS =160

my current rings 2x Plat Jasp Rings, +6wis
my current earrings 2x earring of magic reflect 1ac, 5SV mag

Arms, neck and legs could use replacement. drake hide sleeves, splitpaw neck, and carrion bettle legs.

Think i recall reading something i read tonight about 1point of wis being 6 points of mana at like lvl30 or something like that. So replacing the rings 12wis = apprrox 72 mana with two rings = to +60 mana might not be the best. I can see what you mean Auchae and ill look up some of those drops you mentioned. I searched the jewelry craft section by stat earlier to see whats out there and most of the above 35+mana stuffs are pretty spendy...for my budget atm.

looks like i should be replacing earrings and body gear that has no WIS with gear that has WIS? cause at my lvl or the levels im approaching WIS is more benefit then +mana until i reach 200 WIS. At least thats my takeaway atm. If im missing the mark, please sit the weeee halfling down and and share a pickle or two.

Lhance thank you for your tips on choosing the right mobs, had not considered that i need two mobs of very similar running speeds...seems critical
Old 10-31-2016, 01:14 AM
Planar Protector

Cone of the Mystics is cheap, giant scale mail arms if you can use or platinum armband both give 3wisdom, gator scale legs, othmir fur caps have 6 wis, forest loops you could farm for ears, block cutter gloves, or split paw gloves are cheap wis gloves, bone chipped bracelets have 5 wisdom you might be able to farm them, for face buy the 7 wis/7str jewelcrafted veil it's fairly cheap, burynai boots are ultra cheap for wisdom, braided ivy cords for shoulders is 5 wis, and amulet of blade turning is 6 wis for neck... Some things I can think of off the top of my head that are cheap.
Old 10-31-2016, 03:01 AM
Sarnak

160 wis is not too bad. I think my untwink 29 ench sits at around 160 int and charisma buffed so were right around the same gear level it appears. On that note, do you do much charming for exp? Druid is pretty effective in outdoors as a charmer and you can simply use your fastest invis spell to break charm and kill pet for full exp if you cant afford the gobby ring. I dont have a gobby ring so i just use taper enchantment and can solo permafrost with little to no issue once i get rolling. Charming until you can afford and click a lumi staff is most likely the best route.
Old 10-31-2016, 04:11 AM
Sarnak

A good spot at that level are the pirates in Firiona Vie. You will need to gather them up first, but they are rogues and as such got lower max hp. They can also drop fine steel. At 35 you could move to splitpaw gnolls, because of the scroll quest, but they are usually perma camped.
Old 10-31-2016, 04:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A good spot at that level are the pirates in Firiona Vie. You will need to gather them up first, but they are rogues and as such got lower max hp. They can also drop fine steel. At 35 you could move to splitpaw gnolls, because of the scroll quest, but they are usually perma camped.
better not let them catchup with you, 4 rogue on your back seems a pretty decent way to die in 3 seconds...
Old 10-31-2016, 04:20 AM
Kobold

+mana is better than +wis. I wouldn't recommend quadding as a druid until you can use lumi staff. just charm animals in OT until 46