Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 08:16 AM
Skeleton

Default Quick question on camps - HHK specifically

I'm after a bit of clarification here guys.

Situation:

1) A group is holding the HHK basement and killing all of the spawns for quite some time.

2) A player comes in and simply claims ONE of those rooms, within the "HHK basement" camp.

What's the story? I know the official position on these forums explains "camps" quite nicely, but afaik, this situation involves someone claiming a "room" (which is part of the HHK basement) as a "camp".

So my question: can someone simply claim that "Room X is its own camp and its mine"?

-------------------------------
Post edit - further info
-------------------------------

We had the entirety of HHK basement camped and controlled. This particular player rolled into a room inside our camp (HHK Basement) and claimed it as his own. We told him it was camped, he cited these forums. We told him that the rules here refer to "camps" not "rooms" - he stayed in there. We advised him we'd proceed as if he wasn't there.

A mob in that room spawned. This player engaged it and we did as promised - proceeded as if he were not there. We subsequently killed the mob. The player then stated he'd be screenshotting, reporting and posting here regarding the incident.
Last edited by Amareck; 04-18-2010 at 08:24 AM.. Reason: further info...
Old 04-18-2010, 08:21 AM
Kobold

In my experience, the existing group always loses their collective shit if you try to camp any specific room in the basement if they were already there. I'd throw out your notion of what HHK used to be like and stick to the new norm.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:03 AM
Sarnak

I've run into this exact scenario many many many times leveling up in every zone. Grinding in an area for hours just to have a group move right next to you and start clearing.

Against the rules? No, not at all. Asshole thing to do? In my opinion, yes.

It's just how the rules are written, If your not in a camp you can't claim it so even if your clearing the entire HHK basement which is about enough mobs for 1 full group any person or group can move into that sideroom with 2 spawns and claim that as theirs, or they can sit in the bottom room or main room.

If you arn't sitting at the spawn point, you arn't camping it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind View Post
It actually takes more time for you to create an account, and all the posts than it does to ban you.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:10 AM
Sarnak

You had the entire basement, and your bitching about 3 mobs?

Not to flame, but get real. If your not sitting on the spawn, your not camping it.

Furthermore I'm unsure on KS'ing rules here - but on live if you engaged a mob that someone else was already hitting that is against the rules.

What a prick [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-18-2010, 09:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokesteve [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Not to flame, but get real. If your not sitting on the spawn, your not camping it.

Furthermore I'm unsure on KS'ing rules here - but on live if you engaged a mob that someone else was already hitting that is against the rules.

its not like there are 30 mobs down there. should be one camp imo, especialy if those mobs are blue already
Old 04-18-2010, 09:17 AM
Sarnak

Can't be one camp unless your entire group is solo'ing each spot.

If mobs are up and your not there to kill them you don't own them.

In classic days I never seen a group try to claim the whole thing. You would be laughed at on Tholuxe for this.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:19 AM
Planar Protector

Heck...on the server I started with the basement was FOUR camps.

1) The room on the right as you entered basement...lowest level mobs.

2) The basement proper. Group would sit on ledge and pull all mobs in the main basement level. The mobs at top of stairs were part of this camp.

3) Warrior room. Included the mobs at the bottom of the stairs.

4) Raider room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
if your reason to be here is to ruin other peoples experiences and grief them off the server, then not only do you not deserve the privilege of playing here, but i will remove your ability to do so.
Old 04-18-2010, 11:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokesteve [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You shouldn't even be allowed to post here. Hurts my fucking brain. Just shut up.
Old 04-18-2010, 11:51 PM
Aviak

Quote:

99% of groups that camp HHK basement finish the entire clear with about 5m between repops, so three mobs every spawn cycle does turn into a fairly significant xp difference.

As to OP, the rules would -most- likely side with the antagonist unfortunately. Even though the guy who came and sat in your room was a disrespectful douche-bag, the camp rules defined thread mentions (like others have in this thread) that on live each of those rooms would have been camped separately. This will also be true if the server population keeps growing.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:25 AM
Kobold

On live it was common to have 3-4 groups in HHK. LR WR RR etc.

I dont see what the problem here is... You cant claim all of the camps if someone wants to exp there as well.

IMO Speed was not an asshat. He played within the rules and wanted a piece of the action in HHK. He claimed a room that was not camped per the rules.

If you think HHK doesnt have enough spawns for you then you can feel free to leave the zone and go somewhere else.

Speed did not break any rules, but it appears to me the OP did by KSing.