Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2015, 05:39 PM
Aviak

Heh, I only had math reasons why that chart was bogus. Rad to see non-math reasons why it's also garbage!

dasgoot... here's some tips to make your data better. This is not a comprehensive list.

Use a time range instead of a hard "300 kills" because that's way more apples-to-apples than what you did.

Graph all guilds in a single graph and use a grouped bar chart. You can set some lower bounds to make this not super crazy, like only guilds that have > 20 kills and/or deaths in the time range, or whatever lower bound makes sense to be able to actually compare the data without the chart getting too dense. This would allow real data comparison to happen.

Since there are allegations of dropping tag to avoid leaderboard hits or something... you probably need a bit of data scrubbing to make sure people who do that get grouped into the correct guild for every kill/death instance. A fun side statistic would be a count of occurrences where someone dropped tag for a death and then was back in the guild later. See which guilds are most guilty of this because that seems like good FQ material to me!

That all sounds like a lot of work though, so sticking with this totally worthless narrative is probably more time effective for you. Math abuse makes me sad.
Old 01-06-2015, 06:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by daasgoot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
isn't fresh's leader a guy that de-lvl'd an epic warrior to kill noobs in MM?

also a guy that was in Nihi and doesn't like azrael.

sheesh, i wonder why some fresh guys don't like AZ.. probably has nothing to do with what their leader says to them.

QFT. love also how colgate cares so much about zerging that he allies with the guy who posted his RL info on craigslist. he obviously doesnt care about bringing RL into the game.. OH WAIT....
Old 01-06-2015, 06:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrproudbeard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Making a spreadsheet to try to show how your guild is winning based on some arbitrary numbers and definition of what "winning" is: Not Butthurt.

Responding to thread pointing out dubious statistical analysis: Butthurt.

I think I understand now, thanks.
How to lie with statistics. The false population size. Azrael is just irrelevant at this point. Nothing more than a nuisance.
Old 01-06-2015, 06:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eslade [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
all anybody has to do is look at what has happened to a holocaust member when they quit the guild to see that shit ain't all sunshine and rainbows.

maybe just rainbows.
symbol of homos.
lol
If you're referring to BK, I'm pretty sure you're an idiot. BK is a poltroon, and only lowers the prestige of a guild.
Old 01-06-2015, 06:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrproudbeard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Heh, I only had math reasons why that chart was bogus. Rad to see non-math reasons why it's also garbage!

dasgoot... here's some tips to make your data better. This is not a comprehensive list.

Use a time range instead of a hard "300 kills" because that's way more apples-to-apples than what you did.

Graph all guilds in a single graph and use a grouped bar chart. You can set some lower bounds to make this not super crazy, like only guilds that have > 20 kills and/or deaths in the time range, or whatever lower bound makes sense to be able to actually compare the data without the chart getting too dense. This would allow real data comparison to happen.

Since there are allegations of dropping tag to avoid leaderboard hits or something... you probably need a bit of data scrubbing to make sure people who do that get grouped into the correct guild for every kill/death instance. A fun side statistic would be a count of occurrences where someone dropped tag for a death and then was back in the guild later. See which guilds are most guilty of this because that seems like good FQ material to me!

That all sounds like a lot of work though, so sticking with this totally worthless narrative is probably more time effective for you. Math abuse makes me sad.
lol

why would a time range be more "apples to apples"

it was a direct comparison between holocaust's and azrael's last 300 kills allocated by guild.

think u might be a retard.
Old 01-06-2015, 06:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
QFT. love also how colgate cares so much about zerging that he allies with the guy who posted his RL info on craigslist. he obviously doesnt care about bringing RL into the game.. OH WAIT....
don't personally like tunak but fresh is good for the server's health

azrael is not

real gr8 seeing azrael go from 35 online last sunday to 8 online this sunday

let's chalk this up as another failed iteration of azrael
Old 01-06-2015, 06:17 PM
Banned

Pretty much sums up Azrael's way of thinking. A guild leader doesn't have to make every decision based on greed, revenge or hatred.

No motivation or long term goals on server besides being toxic and crying for approval from fellow guildies. Sad existence.
Old 01-15-2015, 06:02 PM
Planar Protector

QUICK UPDATE!!!!!

pras azrael. increasing pop, while holo shits on fresh/unguilded ppl.

here is a quick look at the last 600 kills for both holo and az.

<AZRAEL> KILL ALLOCATION
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

<HOLOCAUST> KILL ALLOCATION
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-15-2015, 07:41 PM
Sarnak

im curious how that would look normalized based on member count. too lazy to do.
Old 01-15-2015, 07:46 PM
Planar Protector

This is literally the worst presentation of data I've ever seen. If someone who worked me me came up with this I'd fire them on the spot.
Closed Thread