Sarnak

enc
shm
necro - or monk
cleric
druid

-you don't need a tank to hit 60.
-most likely you all wont be grouped everytime
-each class can solo efficiently and duo/trio combinations work great(if any of your friends quit)
-highly desired classes

Usually the rogue or war/wiz in these types of pre-made groups get left behind in the dust eventually... and roll a caster. Unless its a 100% dedicated group No lvling with other people then I dont see a problem.
Old 12-26-2016, 06:36 PM
Sarnak

SK
MNK/ROG
CLR
ENC
ENC
SHM

2 charm pets, snap aggro tank. Shaman over Druid b/c of malo for charm pets and slowing hard bosses later. Rogue over monk if you want to get behind a few locked doors, but monk if you want to pull more mobs when you're killing fast. DPS of rogue over monk won't matter with 2 charm pets.

EDIT: Oops, can't be 2 of the same class. Then go:
SK
MNK
ROG
CLR
ENC
SHM
Last edited by Victorio; 12-26-2016 at 06:40 PM..
Old 12-26-2016, 07:48 PM
Planar Protector

You don't need in-group ports on this server, and you don't really need snare in dungeons either. So Druids lose even more of their already limited appeal. And you pretty much have 3 slots of the group set in stone: Enchanter, Cleric and Rogue. You have some wiggle room with the other three slots which is where you get different opinions. I would do:

Enchanter
Cleric
Rogue
Paladin
Magician
Monk

The only argument would be swapping out the Mage for a Shaman. But I like the Mage in there since you're primarily leveling. The more DPS the better, and this group's got DPS out the wazoo. Mobs are dying so fast you won't notice the difference between Enchanter and Shaman slow. Paladin over Warrior tank lets the Rogue and Monk open up the DPS fully without pulling agro. Enchanter and Mage pets wrecking house as always.

The only challenge with this group would be finding spots with enough mobs to kill. I actually had this exact group comp the other day in Seb and it was a total meat grinder.
Old 12-26-2016, 07:53 PM
Orc

So far it's looking like :
Warrior (seems better endgame wise, and with a Monk/Enchanter I think we will manage)
Cleric
Shaman
Enchanter
Rogue
Monk
Last edited by Bagger; 12-26-2016 at 07:56 PM..
Old 12-26-2016, 08:05 PM
Fire Giant

My two cents looks something like this:
Cleric - for heals and emergency CC with root and stun, invis vs undead

Paladin - tank with great snap agro and heals/Lay on Hands in a pinch, pacify to help pull, CC via root and stun

Bard - off tank with slows and chain mez to hold agro, melee and charm dps, stacking mana/health regen, great puller with lull/mez/charm/snare, CC via mez/charm/fear/snare, group run speed for travel

Shaman - buffs/debuffs, dps via dots and pet, slows/haste, hp regen (stacks with bards), CC via root, SoW, invisible/see invisible

Enchanter - CC, dps via pet, mana regen (stacks with bards), haste, and slows.

Rogue - dps pure and simple, as well as granting access to locked doors.

This is what I would do, the bard does have a fairly high player skill necessary to be as effective as it can be though. Also, anyone who says bards can't tank is silly, we get plate, defense skill equal with a warrior and way way way more agro holding ability. Watched a sub level 60 bard tank CE in seb, even tanking emporer successfully, I think he was lvl 57? No epic, kept resists/AC/regen up while twisting slows and mez for agro. Was awesome.

Also almost everyone in the group has some form of CC available to them which is always useful, and bard again is useful because all groups need snare to prevent runners (root works but can break allowing them to continue running).

No monk is necessary to pull with both bard and chanter being excellent pulling classes.

The only change I might make is SK instead of pally, would have a little more dps and ability to snare.

Granted this is just what I think would be fun. One of the fastest leveling exp groups I've ever been in was chanter/shaman/bard (me)/cleric/ and necro. Insane fun, nothing could stop us.
Last edited by Dreenk317; 12-26-2016 at 08:19 PM..
Old 12-26-2016, 08:07 PM
Planar Protector

Monk/ Ranger
Monk/ Rogue
Rogue
Rogue
Bard
Cleric

These groups are fun because you don't need buffs to hurt things.

Bard (tank / puller)
Rogue x 4
Cleric

Is pretty silly too.
Old 12-26-2016, 08:18 PM
Aviak

Monk, chanter, shaman, cleric, rogue, bard/ranger/mage/necro/sk (6th can be whatever really, but if you allow 2 of the same class I'd go for a 2nd chanter)

I can't imagine why anyone would prefer a Druid over a shaman, especially at 60... ports? Nah, just get OT hammers and pay for a port. Torp shaman, or even shaman without torp are for more useful in a group than druids.

Monks can tank any non-raid targets at lvl 60, so a war/sk/pally isn't crucial. Plus monks can pull far easier.
Last edited by BirryDaKir; 12-26-2016 at 08:30 PM..
Old 12-26-2016, 08:27 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Monk/ Ranger
Monk/ Rogue
Rogue
Rogue
Bard
Cleric

These groups are fun because you don't need buffs to hurt things.

Bard (tank / puller)
Rogue x 4
Cleric

Is pretty silly too.
No two or more of the same class ^^
Old 12-26-2016, 08:31 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thugnuts [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hmm. For a 5 man group on P99, I'd go with:
  1. - One person with Asperger's to handle communications with players from outside your group. You want other players to dislike communicating with your group, so that they go somewhere else rather than try to compromise or negotiate on sharing content.

2. - One psychotic and narcissistic douchebag to do the pulling. Psychotic so they'll have no moral qualms kill stealing or training people out of cash camps. Narcissistic so that the very idea of someone else "winning" becomes so unpleasant, and so intolerable, that they're willing to break all of the game's rules in order to dominate.

3. - One reasonably intelligent and charismatic person, well-versed in the art of bullshit. This is the group's frontman. You need him to schmooze up the GM's and win lawyerquest. Also needs to have a good speaking voice for guest appearances on Sirken's stream.

4. - One basement bum to stay awake and on-point 20 hours a day so you can lock down content and tunnelquest your MQ's effectively. Unemployed, living at home, manic depressive types work best here.

5. - One ghetto mentality scumbag to handle your RMT sales. Needs to be criminally minded since money laundering and tax free income are both illegal, and of special interest should anyone decide to tip off the IRS. You need a cutthroat type who will stick to $3/USD per 1,000 plat.
I know this can be confusing for a new group of players, but just give it a shot. With this group, you WILL learn 2 compete and become an effective unit from level 1 all the way to endgame raiding.
I got ADD! So I can be the 6th guy! Nice response m8!
Last edited by Bagger; 12-26-2016 at 08:33 PM..
Old 12-26-2016, 08:37 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Monk
Enchanter
Cleric
Rogue
Bard
Ranger

All players must be absolutely competent.
Closed Thread