Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2021, 11:17 AM
Planar Protector

Because Rogean is totally looking forward to revamping a complex system involving extensive server-side code modding that happens to work well and fill its purpose perfectly.

Its purpose being "not allowing a few neckbeards to control the camp for however long it will drop, but rather spread the loots among the player base somewhat".
Old 07-21-2021, 12:19 PM
Planar Protector

I'd just remove /list from Beads. It doesn't really solve the purpose of not having to involve GMs since the camp is server wide - as of now it's hindering the amount of beads coming into the server.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 07-22-2021, 01:09 PM
Planar Protector

There are a number of solutions that might help.

You can actually stop players from account sharing, or at least make it much much harder.

You can change the AFK timer system...if you are number 30 on the list you could be required to AFK check less frequently, for example. You can even make it so that if you are super high on the list (say number 150) you don't even have to be local or possibly even online. I actually like this one most because it mimics the live game play of having to stand around semi-afk for 2 days at some camps just hoping to get invited into the group/get the camp for yourself...

You can increase the time it takes to re-enter the queue for droppable items and make it IP based, not account or character.

You can modify these settings to fit the needs of particular camps (group, solo, droppable or not, lore or not) including setting the rules differently for a period of time after launch of an expansion.

We're really looking at a system that works well-enough for most camps...but is really wretched for a couple very specific drops at very specific times in the server life cycle. The solution might need to tailor response to those "problem" camps/times.
Last edited by fastboy21; 07-22-2021 at 01:11 PM..
Old 07-22-2021, 01:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because Rogean is totally looking forward to revamping a complex system involving extensive server-side code modding that happens to work well and fill its purpose perfectly.

Its purpose being "not allowing a few neckbeards to control the camp for however long it will drop, but rather spread the loots among the player base somewhat".
The whole point of this thread is that some folks don't think it working "perfectly" --- if we all agreed with that argument premise then nobody would be suggesting improvements. I agree with you that Rogean/Nilbog and other Devs can't be expected to work infinitely for our free entertainment. Anyone coming at the problem that way is horribly immature, but I don't think that's what folks are doing in these threads --- at least not for the most part.

I think I've seen lots of long time supporters of the server point out ways to improve the system...it isn't jealous neck-beards looking for free pixels.
Old 07-22-2021, 02:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are a number of solutions that might help.

You can actually stop players from account sharing, or at least make it much much harder.

You can change the AFK timer system...if you are number 30 on the list you could be required to AFK check less frequently, for example. You can even make it so that if you are super high on the list (say number 150) you don't even have to be local or possibly even online. I actually like this one most because it mimics the live game play of having to stand around semi-afk for 2 days at some camps just hoping to get invited into the group/get the camp for yourself...

You can increase the time it takes to re-enter the queue for droppable items and make it IP based, not account or character.

You can modify these settings to fit the needs of particular camps (group, solo, droppable or not, lore or not) including setting the rules differently for a period of time after launch of an expansion.

We're really looking at a system that works well-enough for most camps...but is really wretched for a couple very specific drops at very specific times in the server life cycle. The solution might need to tailor response to those "problem" camps/times.
You can't prevent account sharing in any feasible way. If you were to say one IP per account, people will just spoof the IP of the account holder whenever they are on the character.

They could also spoof the machine ID of the account holder if you wanted to go the one comp per account route.
Old 07-22-2021, 02:56 PM
Fire Giant

Some of this community makes me really really really fucking sad...
Old 07-22-2021, 03:14 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongNpretty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some of this community makes me really really really fucking sad...
Dude you and me both. I really like p99. And love my guildies and those on my huge /friends list. But Jesus humans generally the worst. And the 5% on this server are that clearly garbage, and so damn selfish. I really wish GMs would just ban their IP. And what I mean by garbage. Is clearly the rogues who stole beads, and peeps who helped them. Those who clearly break PnP rules. get suspended. Come back and rinse and repeat. Green had a good shot of being an amazing home. But sadly these 5% really shit on the project as a whole. Peeps defending the rogues. Sickens me just as much as the rogues themselves. Don't get me wrong I can agree its funny. that something like this happened. But to even act like its right. SMH
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>
Old 07-26-2021, 02:23 AM
Planar Protector

"If we only lowered GPU prices by $200, I could afford one and it be available at today's quantities."

"If only Disneyland tickets were $100 cheaper, I could go and enjoy it only packed as it is today."

If you make it easier to get in line... more people get in line.

Some people just don't want to pay the price.

Here's some wisdom for ya. Pay the price today so you can pay any price tomorrow.
Old 07-26-2021, 09:55 AM
Planar Protector

The question is, is this the "pay any price, no matter how insane (eg. not sleeping for days)" server ... or is this the "re-create classic EverQuest, as best as possible" server?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 07-26-2021, 10:51 AM
Orc

Remove legacy camps on g2.0, put out a vendor that sells the items once or twice a year as a plat dump. Listing for items days at a time is completely unhealthy and unclassic. Sadly we will never recreate that “classic” feel with 22 years of information. Make the cost a function of server wealth.
Closed Thread