Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2021, 01:22 AM
Aviak

Even if my history prevents me from being a GM here, I hope we can at least look at this ruleset or something similar as an alternative. This isn't something that was just thought of on a whim. This is the structural basis for how classic mechanics were played on live during this era and building it around the variance.

Weekly quakes and unrooted dragons and bags removed is ideal, but thats another story.

I'm not the only player here that's upset with the current state of the raid scene. Very few are happy about it actually. The long term damage is obvious and sentiment is at an all-time low...

I'm more interested in getting the raid scene right, then lording over anyone, just for the record. I personally don't care enough to pick sides. I have friends in all the guilds as Lord BoB opened the door for PUG raiding and multiple guilds raiding together who otherwise wouldn't.
Old 10-03-2021, 01:23 AM
Planar Protector

alot of naysayers here

we've already seen the worst of the worst as GMs on blue

what else could go wrong?
Old 10-03-2021, 01:43 AM
Planar Protector

Hopefully not because a lot of those changes would mean I'd have to log back in and start playing again.
Old 10-03-2021, 03:12 AM
Aviak

[QUOTE=Hyjalx;3370459] I have friends in all the guilds[ /QUOTE]

Who is still friends with you?
Old 10-03-2021, 03:16 AM
Aviak

I doubt there was ever any server during classic eq where 50 people were standing at tov zone-in steps waiting for two days to run up to a dragon when it spawned.
Seek help.
Old 10-03-2021, 08:35 AM
Planar Protector

Sounds like you have a good feel for what some of the biggest issues are in the raid scene and have good solutions. And you actually care and want to be active...got my vote
Old 10-03-2021, 12:45 PM
Sarnak

Raiding on p99 is quite toxic. Not the rule-set or whoever is in charge; because nothing in EQ classic is actually truly "Competitive". Nothing. It's an old 20+ yr-old MMO intended by the original developers to crawl thru a dungeon with buddies versus NPC's one-way.

On this server whoever can click a button to CoTH or has a faster connection when something spawns implies "winning"... or whichever guild has accumulated people wit incredible mental gymnastics to spin a concession.

Now if you REALLY wanted to help the server... You'd rotate ALL content and save the 15-20? hardcore raiders that play 24/7 from an addictive-nonreality-pointless life style.

Hope this helps.
Old 10-03-2021, 01:38 PM
Fire Giant

Oh no, we are actually required to go *into* the dungeon to kill dragons.

Oh no, people can't just rely on 2-3 playmakers to do everything that will eventually always leads to toxic mentalities running the show.

Oh no, we aren't subject to a one guild monopoly on all content because there is no reason to be in more than one guild.

Keep everything the way it is.
Old 10-03-2021, 02:05 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

+1
Old 10-03-2021, 03:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now if you REALLY wanted to help the server... You'd rotate ALL content and save the 15-20? hardcore raiders that play 24/7 from an addictive-nonreality-pointless life style.
how about the 15-20 raiders leave the game, let you guys have your rotations and anyone with a set of balls between their legs forgets this place exists.

fucking crybabies.

You are what is wrong with games, the hardcore raiders are close behind you in terms of extremist behavior but at least they can play this game for what it is.

I don't like you. I don't like the games made for you. Even if i am the biggest loser of their game i would rather be there than loser town.